Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

People are taking the piss at supermarkets, too many idiots.  The supermarkets are being shown on as the way to do things, they have shown how social distancing can work, so let's open all shops, garden centres etc.  But this is not the case, it is bullshit.  Social distancing is not working at supermarkets so why should business open again if it is using that as a benchmark.  I say that it should be locked down further, supermarkets and other retail stores should only do click and collect or delivery.  

This is the stupidest thing I've read on here for a while. 

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

When a model used to dictate policy is as wrong as this, it deserves to be discredited.

Screenshot_20200507-194237_Opera.jpg

20200507_194205.jpg

What do you mean wrong here? 

This looks like if fairly clearly shows a very high level of uncertainty. 

It would be wrong to rely on the line as a confident prediction of exact numbers, but that information is provided in the model. 

19 minutes ago, coprolite said:

What do you mean wrong here? 

This looks like if fairly clearly shows a very high level of uncertainty. 

It would be wrong to rely on the line as a confident prediction of exact numbers, but that information is provided in the model. 

Not right.

I could produce a graph that says next Tuesday we will have anywhere between 100 and 2,200 deaths. I'd be right, but it's hardly useful.

When projections with such uncertainty are presented to Governments and made public it ties a government's hands.

Even if they know it's bollocks and ignore it as worthless, if anything close to the top end is reached, they would be villified.

The same institution presented the 500,000 deaths info that caused the current lockdown

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Sport socks and scampi said:

Nicola made it very clear the evidence ( R number and case numbers)  would be reviewed on a weekly basis and they would update the restrictions accordingly.    

Simple, clear, understandable information for most.  

It would be nice if they shared their evidence of R number.

Everywhere I've looked it's guesstimated or listed as unknown.

virginton made the point about hospitals and care homes. Are they imcluded in said estimates? And if so, what is the thought process behind doing so?

Well it's been however many weeks but I'm sorry to announce that some asshole in my street has decided that they must now play the trumpet at 8PM on a Thursday. Thankfully no pots and pans yet, but I'm sure tonight's addition will spark the race to outdo each other.

1 minute ago, Sport socks and scampi said:

I can see the humour in that mate,  but did you really need to crap on the pavement?  

Just joining in making a noise n all that 

12 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Love trying to take a dump at 8 o clock on a thursday just to hear my neighbours applauding me for trying

CRAP FOR THE CARERS!

Edited by Granny Danger

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I think any sane person wants the economy back and thriving. Obviously not because we want big businesses to prosper and get richer, but for the sake of the normal working “man”. A failed economy resulting in job loses, resulting in mental health problems due to money worries, resulting in little to no dispensable income would be catastrophic for so many people

Most folk are in debt as well with large mortgages etc. The government and previous (including labour) are to blame for that mess as well. House prices should never have been allowed to rise as much.

House prices will never stop rising now.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk have hopefully (the majority at least) probably become conditioned to the way shops etc are going to have to work. I'd like to hope we could have some more bits and pieces open up without it being inevitable that a second spike occurs.

If the mask thing is a go'er then announce that the Scottish lockdown has two weeks more, use that time to try and force masks/coverings into the mainstream and allow businesses to do the neccessary to get ready with a firm opening date.

Masks sound good in theory but where are folk supposed to get effective ones from?

3 hours ago, Crùbag said:

"Britain"

The English fly has been opened and we are openly being pished on.

760701937_coronavirusbritain.thumb.jpg.67ae9820eed81d24e24ce1760d89c731.jpg

Personally I'm happy if England want to call themselves Britain.

In fact I'd rather Scotland absolutely disassociated itself with 'Britain' and all things 'British'.