Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

You could just share your superior understanding with us rather than being a dick about it

How am I being a dick? I'm sure the last thread I read was about 2000 pages. Would you like me to link them all? Crack on being a dick yourself though seeing as you seem to think you have it all solved. 

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What is the worst second spike of this virus so far?

China seemed to avoid it. Has anyone had a second spike that was as high as the first, so far?

Folk saying there'll definitely be a sharp rise in deaths are jumping the gun a bit.

I don't think anyone has seen a second spike yet.

Tbf it's early days.

2 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

The boss of Scotland said shut down construction sites. 

That for me is enough to recognise authority. 

Except we don’t live in a dictatorship, we live in a Parliamentary democracy where politicians have certain powers but where such powers have limitations.

Just now, Futureboy said:

How am I being a dick? I'm sure the last thread I read was about 2000 pages. Would you like me to link them all? Crack on being a dick yourself though seeing as you seem to think you have it all solved. 

You quoted yourself for starters.

If you know all about R numbers then a quick run down would be helpful.

Telling people to google it doesn't give much hope you are any more clued up on it than anyone else

24 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

China seemed to avoid it. Has anyone had a second spike that was as high as the first, so far?

Folk saying there'll definitely be a sharp rise in deaths are jumping the gun a bit.

There was a sharp rise in deaths. We shut down ish. We then did nothing. When we loosen up, what has changed to make the virus less contagious / deadly. Some people who are susceptible have died. A lot of people will be a bit more careful. That's about it. People are back to work tomorrow in English cities (advised not to take public transport lol). What's stopping the virus spreading amongst them and causing more cases and deaths? 

Edited by madwullie

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You could just share your superior understanding with us rather than being a dick about it

Has @Futureboy deleted a post that was responding to you or me?

I’m still waiting for him to explain why I’m wrong about r numbers.

What is actually the guidance for people back at work tomorrow who show symptoms? Are they allowed tests? What do they do if positive? Is it still a 5 day wait for results? Is it still just self isolate, no govt input etc. Is there any kind of tracing planned? 

Hopefully Johnston will get asked this shit in Parliament tomorrow, or is that just going to be another announcement? 

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Has @Futureboy deleted a post that was responding to you or me?

I’m still waiting for him to explain why I’m wrong about r numbers.

To you. He demonstrated his superior knowledge on R numbers by suggesting you google it

34 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Even for countries like South Korea who controlled it early and kept the numbers low, it doesn't take much for it kick off again.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-koreas-moon-warns-of-covid-19-second-wave-as-cases-rebound-idUKKBN22M024

2 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-52578939

Yes, I deleted a post as i was looking after kids. 

Unless im missing something obvious. How does including care home infections in calculating the R number not increase it?

If the were excluded, would it not be lower?