Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I normally go shopping at 8am with fellow 'lets get this done as quickly as possible' people. However, yesterday I went mid/late afternoon.

I thought the 'sitting in the car' thing was a bit of a p&b in joke. Windows down heating up full blast type thing. I was shocked that there were plenty of of adults sitting in the car themselves while presumably someone was in shopping. Why on earth would you sit in the car park of a local shop when you could just relax at home? Mental

In my case my wife doesn’t drive but prefers to shop rather than me doing it.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

This is a particular worry where people have symptoms and think a mask will stop them spreading germs. 

I have seen a fair few masked and gloved arseholes acting like they are invincible.  For balance, i've also seen plenty of folk without doing the same. 

A properly fitting mask will stop someone from spreading infection from the main source. They still need to self isolate if they are showing symptoms and everyone still needs to wash their hands regularly instead of being a fucking tink. This isn't a complicated or mutually exclusive set of public health messages.

The number of supposedly sentient adults who fear the effects of mask wearing while the default option right now is a completely arbitrary and impractical 2 metre distancing at all times and, err, 'try to cough against your sleeve like a tramp' - all contributing to a lockdown that is sinking the economy for another decade - is truly mind-boggling.

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

In my case my wife doesn’t drive but prefers to shop rather than me doing it.

I don't care about the ins and outs of more people than necessary making a journey.  No one I know, including myself, has stuck to the guidelines 100% so I wouldn't make any sort of moral judgement. I just find it incredible that anyone would see food shopping as some sort of leisure activity. 

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I don't care about the ins and outs of more people than necessary making a journey.  No one I know, including myself, has stuck to the guidelines 100% so I wouldn't make any sort of moral judgement. I just find it incredible that anyone would see food shopping as some sort of leisure activity. 

One of our gripes (Mrs Danger and myself pre-lockdown when we’d both go into the supermarket), was people who seemed to want to spend hours food shopping.  We’d go in, get what we needed, and come out and fume at the folk who would stand in front of the cold meat shelf for five minutes before selecting a pack of ham.

In fairness there might be some folk who have nothing better to do and try to make the outing last.

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

A properly fitting mask will stop someone from spreading infection from the main source. They still need to self isolate if they are showing symptoms and everyone still needs to wash their hands regularly instead of being a fucking tink. This isn't a complicated or mutually exclusive set of public health messages.

The number of supposedly sentient adults who fear the effects of mask wearing while the default option right now is a completely arbitrary and impractical 2 metre distancing at all times and, err, 'try to cough against your sleeve like a tramp' - all contributing to a lockdown that is sinking the economy for another decade - is truly mind-boggling.

What about an ill fitting mask worn by an unwashed dunderhead that thinks their mask is like iron man's suit? Will that work? 

No fear of masks here. They're probably very useful. 

I do fear morons. 

Just now, coprolite said:

What about an ill fitting mask worn by an unwashed dunderhead that thinks their mask is like iron man's suit? Will that work? 

No fear of masks here. They're probably very useful. 

I do fear morons. 

Morons are inevitable no matter what

I really don’t like to see people wearing masks in supermarkets etc. I know it’s for protection, but I just find it a bit “scary” and like the apocalypse is coming.  It’s also a bad reminder of when my mum and I had to wear them to go in and see my dad before he passed away. I do think they’ll become more prevalent as the rules are relaxed 

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Both South Korea and Germany have had to reimpose at least partial lockdowns due to further outbreaks after easing.

Can you link to a source of Germany reintroducing any measures they have lifted?

I'm not saying this is fake news, but i've not seen this anywhere

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Can you link to a source of Germany reintroducing any measures they have lifted?

I'm not saying this is fake news, but i've not seen this anywhere

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52604676

Doesn't really cover reimposed restrictions but the infection rate is above the level at which restrictions will be reimposed in some states. 

Edited by Michael W

6 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

What's the script with this? Seems to be getting some traction on Twitter:

EXlCuAqWsAEHW1C?format=jpg&name=large

No idea about this but I clocked this in passing the other day

https://fromrome.info/2020/04/25/italian-senator-sgarbi-denounces-the-statistical-fraud-on-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR34oKdu3Zqf_qg86K0rP_YBYyCJkKaDx8_LHnufR8NMy8TLkyPuQwHNAGs

I know nothing about the MP but it seems an incredible thing to say in parliament either way.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I know nothing about the MP but it seems an incredible thing to say in parliament

He's just mad because they've banned Berlusconi's bunga bunga parties.

1 minute ago, highlandcowden said:

ill assume someones shouting fake news

They're questioning the media representation in Italy. I shared it because it was an image that filtered over here into our media and I'm genuinely curious about it.

13 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

What's the script with this? Seems to be getting some traction on Twitter:

EXlCuAqWsAEHW1C?format=jpg&name=large

Whilst clearly the same picture, iam going to suppose it would be that hard to photoshop the words " Lampedusa 2013 & bergamo 2020" on the top right with ot much way of fact or date checking the original