Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Why no stops on chinese flights or checks on these flights when we knew it was spreading by foreign travel?

All Trump's ban meant was thousands of infected expat Americans speeding their way back, and the Chinese travellers switching planes in Northern Italy or Spain. I think most of the UK infections came from Spain and Italy.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Reason last year more profitable than this year many slots were capped as we didn't have enough drivers ( or vans) 

This year instore shopping wise has been profitable. For online shopping , not so. 

Please edit your post so it reads “more last year than this year”.  It is doing my head in that you made more last year than last year.

2 hours ago, s_dog said:

Not correct, but still 😆

Extrapolating just a little further, some of us will have passed away several times before Easter, the traditional festival for mortality reporting confusion.

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

Extrapolating just a little further, some of us will have passed away several times before Easter, the traditional festival for mortality reporting confusion.

True.  I’ve died three times since logging onto this thread at 4 o’clock.

This is going to be like this for the next 4 or 5 years/ until there is a vaccine so

State run boarding schools should be an option for folk that don't have the time to bring up their kids. 

They house parties will be pish without alcohol so stop selling the stuff and covid clusters will be less. Ban the sale of peeve!

4 minutes ago, David W said:

Making the transition to getting ASDA deliveries has been a highlight of the Covid era for me. Wouldn't go back.

Likewise for me with Tesco deliveries. I only started when I thought I had it (I didn’t) and was self-isolating. 

Not having a car and there being no buses to the nearest big supermarket, deliveries mean I am able to get a lot more. As I am not going to the little metro stores near the house each day, I spend less money and am able to eat much healthier because I’m not picking up sweets because I walk past them and can just get exactly what in need for home-cooking. It’s completely brilliant and I’m not going back either.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

True.  I’ve died three times since logging onto this thread at 4 o’clock.

The next few months are going to fly by if that's you back posting regularly again.

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

They house parties will be pish without alcohol so stop selling the stuff and covid clusters will be less. Ban the sale of peeve!

20200727_134359.gif.7950f7d33c12a899ed09fafb82e99424.gif

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The next few months are going to fly by if that's you back posting regularly again.

Nah, I have been driven to this exception by an early finish today, boredom and devilment.

I notice that you have decided to take P&B more seriously and make a name for yourself.  Good luck, I really mean that.

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I thought they might do it in the storeroom but found out they have to do the picking in aisles, exactly the same as shoppers unless they do it in the middle of the night. In Inverness anyway. The thing that annoyed me in the lockdown was that it was impossible for shielded households to use it when it was needed as lazy healthy c***s who were early adopters snatched up all the slots.

There was a wee period early on where it was hard to get a C&C slot in Edinburgh at Asda, but after that they seemed to massively ramp up the number and there was no bother. I deliberately avoided deliveries to let others get them.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I notice that you have decided to take P&B more seriously and make a name for yourself.  Good luck, I really mean that.

This is meant well, but actually feels like a kiss of death tbh.

Unlucky @Szamo's_Ammo you had a good run pal.

18 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Likewise for me with Tesco deliveries. I only started when I thought I had it (I didn’t) and was self-isolating. 

Not having a car and there being no buses to the nearest big supermarket, deliveries mean I am able to get a lot more. As I am not going to the little metro stores near the house each day, I spend less money and am able to eat much healthier because I’m not picking up sweets because I walk past them and can just get exactly what in need for home-cooking. It’s completely brilliant and I’m not going back either.

It's a good service for the money but the quality of the fresh fruit/veg that gets picked is mixed to say the least.

It's great if you have housebound older relatives and you don't want to visit them but would still like them to get fed.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

On 21/09/2020 at 12:13, Jacksgranda said:

Anyway, if there is a further shortage of toilet roll, you know who to blame - youngest stepdaughter has just had 45 rolls deliverd here. I don't know if we'll get any or if their all for her house.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Any evidence of shoppers panic buying again?

Toilet rolls, pasta, hand wash.

#panicbuying I see is trending again, I guess this is more to do with anticipating this behaviour.

Maybe isolated examples?

9 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It's a good service for the money but the quality of the fresh fruit/veg that gets picked is mixed to say the least.

It's great if you have housebound older relatives and you don't want to visit them but would still like them to get fed.

Bung them one of those Wiltshire Farm Foods subscriptions for when they're getting locked in the house until March. The actress playing the gammon role seems happy enough with her lot on the adverts.

16 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This is meant well, but actually feels like a kiss of death tbh.

Unlucky @Szamo's_Ammo you had a good run pal.

I'll be avoiding Monifieth for a while, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Bung them one of those Wiltshire Farm Foods subscriptions for when they're getting locked in the house until March. The actress playing the gammon role seems happy enough with her lot on the adverts.

That Poundland Dame Judi actress from said advert has been quiet for a while, come to think of it...