Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, renton said:

So that's what? 8% of all positive cases in that week attributable to kids age 2-17? 

And 0.13% of schools shut.

Yep, it would seem so.

How does this compare to previous weeks?

Week ending 20th September there were 704 cases among 2-17 year olds, which was 7.1% of total.

Week ending 13th September there were 68 cases among 2-17 year olds, which was 5.3% of total.

Week ending 6th September there were 75 cases among 2-17 year olds, which was 6.9% of total.

Just now, Chairman Mao said:

You easily Google the model yourself.

Chart for U.K. will be very similar other than covid deaths being higher here despite locking down. 

It's relevant in so much as what measures were actually undertaken in Sweden may not correlate to what the Imperial model described as moderate. Presumably you can find that out.

Also, I'd really like you to present the same chart for the UK. 

23 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The government has choices, and usually these are that the severity of measures increases where the number of cases is very high. 

The highest level of lockdown on a regional basis (in England) is now akin to the national lockdown. This means non-essential business are shut and mixing of households is banned. However, schools are allowed to continue. 

Given that mixing of households is banned, why are we allowing the mixing of 30 households together in a small room in areas where popping round to a friend's house is deemed to be an activity carrying a high risk and is therefore prohibited? 

I don't think we should just shut the schools, but the prevailing mentality where they must be prioritised above everything else is irritating. If an area has an infection rate deemed so severe that only essential shops can remain open, the schools should be shut too. 

To allow children to be educated and parents to get out to work

IMG_1601630065.704013.thumb.jpg.4dc540225a77c63c64333b09a6e6760b.jpg

Thankfully, though expectedly, Sturgeon isn’t tiptoeing around the Margaret Ferrier issue.

Made clear my view is political translation for calling someone a stupid useless c**t imo.

26 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

You easily Google the model yourself.

Chart for U.K. will be very similar other than covid deaths being higher here despite locking down. 

In Sweden they closed High Schools and Colleges, encouraged people to work from home where possible and shut down bars and restaurants where strict social distancing wasn't enforced. And they made the same mistakes with care homes. In practice their lockdown wasn't much different from ours, even though more of it was voluntary. 

49 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I would piss my pants with laughter if Donald John Trump, president of the United States of America, was to die as a result of this virus.

I thought this was a bit harsh... until I remembered that he ridiculed Hilary for having pneumonia as a point scoring exercise during the previous election campaign and more recently Biden for wearing a mask.  

#karma

57 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

The UN expects that the political reaction to the pandemic may put the livelihood of up to 1.6 billion people at immediate risk and may, by the end of 2020, push an additional 130 million people “to the brink of starvation” and an additional 150 million children into poverty.

Collateral damage well worth paying in the minds of the virtue signalling middle class lockdown supporters working from home on full pay presumably. 

EB9AB509-C492-48B6-B908-743BAAB367F6.jpeg

What sort of monster has a y axis with zero 2/3 of the way up and positive numbers running in both directions? With a terracotta and purple colourscheme? 

This is making me physically nauseous. Please delete. 

51 minutes ago, Binos said:

To allow children to be educated and parents to get out to work

We're in the midst of a global pandemic and we all have to make sacrifices.

You may lose income. You may see your children more than you would like. You may have to change your plans.

Best to prepare yourself for it now imo.

19 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, virginton said:
^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

Doesn't answer the question.

To be fair, it would hardly take the brain of Britain to work out that the school could give a child a laptop or tablet to take home or the very few children without internet access could still attend school whilst it operates as a "hub".

Just like during the first lockdown.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

he doesnt have it he just wants the court to make this the main topic for 2 weeks

Yup.

Keeps his tax affairs off the front pages.

Might garner a few sympathy votes, especially if a spell in hospital is engineered for Melania.

Prevents/postpones at least one debate if not both.

Gives him a way of pulling out of the election and putting Pence in instead if it looks as if he's going to get skelped.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he hasn't actually got it.

Imagine pissing away your £70K a year job like that when you could literally have sat in a 5 star hotel for 2 weeks fingering yourself silly. What a stupid cow. 

EDIT - What previously banned poster is Chairman Mao?

Edited by The Moonster