Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

I can never get my head round the folk on these threads who take themselves so seriously and research things furiously, to the point they clearly believe they are like Socrates, delivering their almost God-given pearls of wisdom and enlightenment to a crowd of enraptured movers and shakers who will pick up on every word, analyse each graph and scurry off to immediately spread the gospel and shape government policy. "That showed THEM" they purr to themselves as they hit reply. In reality the audience is a bunch of skiving b*****ds waiting to pounce on any personal foible of another poster, hopefully see a nurse with big tits occasionally and, best of all see someone have a meltdown and get banned. 

You think you know me...but you don't! Not really...maybe a wee bit...Aye, I suppose you're right.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The stuff you seem to think is happening in all schools isn't happening anywhere near as often as you might think it is.

My son's school have a video, presented by the P7 kids on You Tube of what they do every day. I can only take it at face value. My son certainly no longer takes a bag, I've seen the play equipment taped up with my own eyes, I've socially distanted from the other parents waiting to pick him up (from the street, and no longer in the playground as it was before).

I can only vouch for his school, but as far as I can tell, the school he was at before compared to the one he is at now, is a very different one.

4 minutes ago, Steven W said:

My son's school have a video, presented by the P7 kids on You Tube of what they do every day. I can only take it at face value.

Yes, I'm sure schools are going to put out a raw, unfiltered video, that has no way been vetted by senior management to make sure it's acceptable to put out.

Trust me, the stuff you think is happening at all schools very much isn't - both primary and secondary - happening to anywhere near the extent you think it is.

Edited by Gaz

Yes, I'm sure schools are going to put out a raw, unfiltered video, that has no way been vetted by senior management to make sure it's acceptable to put out.
Trust me, the stuff you think is happening at all schools very much isn't - both primary and secondary - happening to anywhere near the extent you think it is.
And yet, the number in England are being reported as looking like levelling off/going down, and Universities which dont have classes of 30 snot nosed weans clambering all over eachother have been shown to be pretty efficient at transmission.

Its almost like theres something in all the research and evidence regarding younger people and this virus.

52 minutes ago, Binos said:

If people can't work, governments can't tax them, which pays for everything

Not quite right.

Government borrows/creates money to spend and then claims *some* of it back in tax later (if they'd claimed all of it back, then there wouldn't be a deficit).

So long as the government has the power to 'borrow' or create money, then it can continue to spend. Obviously, they risk over-inflating the economy in certain circumstances and I won't pretend I know the thresholds for that occurring. 

But the 'there's no money left' people are invariably talking a lot of shite. If the political will was there, they could fund stuff for quite a while yet, given there is no sign of inflation rises despite the spending this year. The Tories just don't want people 'having too nice a life'.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Not quite right.

Government borrows/creates money to spend and then claims *some* of it back in tax later (if they'd claimed all of it back, then there wouldn't be a deficit).

So long as the government has the power to 'borrow' or create money, then it can continue to spend. Obviously, they risk over-inflating the economy in certain circumstances and I won't pretend I know the thresholds for that occurring. 

But the 'there's no money left' people are invariably talking a lot of shite. If the political will was there, they could fund stuff for quite a while yet, given there is no sign of inflation rises despite the spending this year. The Tories just don't want people 'having too nice a life'.

How longs quite a while

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

How longs quite a while

Don't know. However, they claim to have spent mega-sums so far and yet no inflation. Borrowing is currently very cheap for the government and they could do more to protect industries and save jobs if they chose. But they (the Tories) are going to allow industries to tank instead, only ensuring they take in less tax. Moronic from the alleged economic 'safe pair of hands' party.

In any case, don't glom onto a bit that suits you after you've had an error pointed out to you. The tax take does not 'pay for everything' is the point. The government borrows/creates money and pumps it into the economy, and some of it comes back to them in the form of tax.

So you can now go on the ScotGov dashboard and look at cases by neighbourhood:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

IMG-20201002-WA0009.jpg.e8cca80afdf8395e5a708ef72af16671.jpg

that's Edinburgh. Not hugely surprising to see the prevelance red areas around the south side where Edinburgh Uni and its various halls, as well as the city centre. A lot of Napier halls in the polwarth area and general student accommodation in Gorgie and Slateford serving Napier and Heriot Watt.

Edited by renton

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And yet, the number in England are being reported as looking like levelling off/going down, and Universities which dont have classes of 30 snot nosed weans clambering all over eachother have been shown to be pretty efficient at transmission.

Its almost like theres something in all the research and evidence regarding younger people and this virus.

He's back!

3 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

I can never get my head round the folk on these threads who take themselves so seriously and research things furiously, to the point they clearly believe they are like Socrates, delivering their almost God-given pearls of wisdom and enlightenment to a crowd of enraptured movers and shakers who will pick up on every word, analyse each graph and scurry off to immediately spread the gospel and shape government policy. "That showed THEM" they purr to themselves as they hit reply. In reality the audience is a bunch of skiving b*****ds waiting to pounce on any personal foible of another poster, hopefully see a nurse with big tits occasionally and, best of all see someone have a meltdown and get banned. 

Spoken like a true beige #zeropointer. Even those who shine briefly in their posting life before going full psycho are about 100x better than your inane drivel. 

The pointless white noise forum.

2 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Thank you for your opinion but I wholeheartedly do not agree.

Yes there is selfishness across the ages but I don't have time to go into every example.

I wonder if it will still be madness if figures continue to climb and weve done everything else.

Nothing is sacrosanct.

Some things are sacrosanct. Punting old people as the largest obviously vulnerable group into shielding is kept off the table in a decision deemed sacrosanct so far. As is the idea that full-time schooling in the middle of a respiratory disease pandemic might not actually be in the best interests of a society or indeed the majority of students themselves, given that it is 2020. 

14 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I thought Ferrier would have resigned by now.
Surely she's not going to go down the Derek MacKay road?
(By that I don't mean propositioning weans, BTW)!

I've no idea what Ferrier did in her pre-politics life, but presumably she won't be on as high a salary. Probably going to ride it out as long as she can. Self-interest I imagine - she is finished in politics. 

Mackay I can understand picking up money for nothing even though at this stage it can just about be considered theft given he doesn't do anything. Whilst a COVIDIOT to use the prevailing Internet terminology can probably at least get another job again, I can't imagine anyone wanting to hire a borderline nonce. The man has no shame about what he's doing, but then we knew that already given his past conduct. 

Edited by Michael W

My favourite was [mention=29985]Billy Jean King[/mention] who had post after post refusing to accept it and demanding evidence that’s schools were a cause. Then evidence was posted and he was tagged, and never been seen since.
I'm in Turkey on holiday , just logged on for the first time in a week as I had to check if I was coming home early or not (not thankfully). They maybe be lying chunts out here but the weather is glorious and it's cheap as chips with the TL collapse. PnB has been nowhere near my mind but good to know your missing me. Home a week on Sunday after 3 weeks and then 2 weeks isolating. If schools have been proven to be the driver I bow to that, I really haven't been following UK news bar the travel change.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Old age and obese, he's a goner IMO. 

Should be a laugh hearing the Covid deniers after it does him in. 

Here's hoping hes for the compost heap.

Also, Covid deniers shouldn't be given any sort of acknowledgement untill we're all dead and gone and another 100 years have passed. The advanced scientists of the future can then re categorise them as "missing links".

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

That's the number of positive cases at Aberdeen University up to 99.

A visit to a local pub has been blamed for the outbreak among students.

99 Red Bloons? 

Spoiler

get out gtfo GIF by Tony Awards