Coronavirus (COVID-19)

56 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
You remember the "two week" circuit break that would "buy us 28 days" right?

This is far more explicit - when pressed on the original circuit breaker the only commitment was a "review" - the opposition parties pressed on this today and she categorically said it would be lifted at that point.

Do you honestly believe that if the numbers remain "stubbornly high" in these 11 areas in three weeks time she will revert them back to tier three?

She can say what she wants, but i'm staggered anyone takes any she says re: timeframes of lifting restrictions with anything other than a pinch of salt.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I go along with it, my involvement is kept to a minimum. I don't like it and never have. I don't like New Year either.

So you don’t have the courage of your conviction.  Maybe best not preach to others then.

35 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

A complication that has more recently been observed in children can be severe and dangerous. Called multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C), it can lead to life-threatening problems with the heart and other organs in the body. Early reports compare it to Kawasaki disease, an inflammatory illness that can lead to heart problems. 

Most children who become infected with the COVID-19 virus have no symptoms, or they have milder symptoms such as low-grade fever, fatigue, and cough. Early studies suggested that children do not contribute much to the spread of coronavirus. But more recent studies raise concerns that children could be capable of spreading the infection.

Well then, out of the tiny amount of children who get a serious Covid infection, an even tinier amount get a very nasty side effect. And concerns are raised that children could  be capable of spreading the infection. Call me astounded and properly telt!

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So you don’t have the courage of your conviction.  Maybe best not preach to others then.

Obviously not, but we all compromise at some time. In normal circumstances I can do pretty much as I want, which isn't much beyond travelling to daft football games and picking holidays and excursions to coincide with them. I therefore keep a low profile and try not to moan too much at festivities and parties etc.

4 minutes ago, keithgy said:

A guy at my brother in law's work came into work after testing positive for Covid,they only found out after he let it slip to a work mate.

If you're a nurse in North Dakota it's pretty well compulsory.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/17/north-dakota-covid-positive-health-workers-coronavirus

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

A guy at my brother in law's work came into work after testing positive for Covid,they only found out after he let it slip to a work mate.

the only thing I can think of for deciding to do that (other than that the guy is a selfish, careless ringpiece which can't really be ruled out tbf) is that I wonder if the guy would have to get either a shite rate of company sick pay or a shite rate of statutory sick pay for the time off isolating? Especially with Christmas coming up.

even at that I'd be surprised if the guy doesn't have any holiday entitlement he'd be able to use given the months of travel restrictions abroad...

PS I notice that no-one picked up on the shift in position regards schools - Swinney making a statement tomorrow - will be interesting.

I expect they'll probably bring the Christmas holidays forward to coincide with the planned end of tier 4 or at least move to a form of blended learning, fairly sure the chat was that they would let unis finish up around the 9th to allow for anyone to isolate etc before returning home so this would seem to make sense.

46 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Doing something you know will cause a spike is madness.

Not so sure.

It would nailed on that the students would go home regardless. They don't give a f**k.

Going semi lochdown now might preempt that a bit, whilst making the SG look compassionate.

27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

BBC sport reporting that fans may be allowed back at stadiums in England in December. I'll be astonished if this happens, but we seem to have heard the same pish every month since the 19/20 season ended

I agree with you in that it'll probably not happen. But if it were to, it would seem to involve premier league clubs (as well as others) and be across all of England regardless of their tier system.

We often seem to trail in England's wake in all this, and this could be the green light / inspiration for the SFA to make some noises up here about doing the same. Its become abundantly clear their goal is for old firm / premier league clubs to have fans back first (or certainly not weeks / months behind the lower league and non-league clubs)

21 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I expect they'll probably bring the Christmas holidays forward to coincide with the planned end of tier 4 or at least move to a form of blended learning, fairly sure the chat was that they would let unis finish up around the 9th to allow for anyone to isolate etc before returning home so this would seem to make sense.

... " then we'll let them see their granny and go to pubs serving food, as long as it's turkey. Then in the middle of January we'll shut them again, but open the schools until Lent...when is Lent next year?...ask a Catholic. Surely to fùck the vaccine will be out by then. "

Said a Government spokesperson.

If you remember the Great Escape one lad evaded the Germans and escaped on a bicycle 
Well there's a cycleway between Newcraighall (City of Edinburgh) and Musselburgh (East Lothian) for those wanting to sneak in for a pint....
Except he didn't escape.

Steve McQueen = "one lad". Sheesh..