Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A few “pop up” test centres are opening in Ayrshire tomorrow. The local politicians have been all over FB urging everyone to go to them. Crazy that they’re pleading for healthy people to go and get tested, just makes me think they want to drive case numbers up to justify restrictions 

Alternatively they could want to identify asymptomatic cases and isolate them before they spread to others to reduce case numbers and remove restrictions quicker 🤔

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Alternatively they could want to identify asymptomatic cases and isolate them before they spread to others to reduce case numbers and remove restrictions quicker 🤔

Highly doubt that. Im sure we had the longest “lockdown” in the whole of Europe. Over cautious is the SG approach, I doubt that’s going to change 

I know the Tier 4 restrictions started at 6pm on the Fri, are they ending at 6pm on Fri 11th? I saw my mates wife advertising her salon as being open on the evening of the 11th [emoji848]
I think they end at 6pm on the 11th. I know that barbers, gyms etc. round my way aren't reopening until the 12th.

A few “pop up” test centres are opening in Ayrshire tomorrow. The local politicians have been all over FB urging everyone to go to them. Crazy that they’re pleading for healthy people to go and get tested, just makes me think they want to drive case numbers up to justify restrictions 
You surely can't be that ignorant of their purpose ? It's the exact opposite of your reasoning, it's an attempt at isolating asymptomatic people to break the chain in community infections more quickly.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You surely can't be that ignorant of their purpose ? It's the exact opposite of your reasoning, it's an attempt at isolating asymptomatic people to break the chain in community infections more quickly.

It just blows my mind that they want to test healthy people, yet those that are truly unwell can’t get tested for the likes of cancer. As usual it’s covid above everything else 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It just blows my mind that they want to test healthy people, yet those that are truly unwell can’t get tested for the likes of cancer. As usual it’s covid above everything else 

🤦‍♂️

Edit: I had a scan a fortnight ago and I'm getting a gastroscopy in the next ten days. People who are sick currently are getting tested in my experience. 

I assume the current drive is to isolate asymptomatic people, thus curtailing spread, thus meaning less risk for people who are truly sick, and more nhs resources for broken legs, routine business etc. 

Not sure how that squares with the false positive rate though. It's all very well testing the symptomatic, but it loses efficacy quickly if you're just testing people at random. I suppose the Liverpool experiment shows it is worth having people who don't need to isolate isolating if it drives case numbers well down and life can move towards a more normal level. 

Edited by madwullie

18 hours ago, Steven W said:

According to the normally very reliable Travelling Tabby website, Tier 3 Falkirk had one less case than recently promoted to Tier 2, East Lothian yesterday.

I know there's other factors at play, but Falkirk surely knocking on door of Tier 2?

Falkirk Council today reporting, rather bizarrely -7 (minus seven) cases for yesterday.

(Seemingly the local authorities have been re-allocating cases to the correct LA  after having previously had them incorrect.)

Falkirk Council today reporting, rather bizarrely -7 (minus seven) cases for yesterday.
(Seemingly the local authorities have been re-allocating cases to the correct LA  after having previously had them incorrect.)
Noticed that a few times last week when NHS Lanarkshire had a different total of cases than N and S combined.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Highly doubt that. Im sure we had the longest “lockdown” in the whole of Europe. Over cautious is the SG approach, I doubt that’s going to change 

Longest lockdown :lol:

Check out whats happening outside Celtic park just now....I wonder why there will be no fans allowed in outwith the tier 1 areas
Embarrassing. Anyone who feels the need to go out and "protest" over a poorly managed football team while we're in the middle of a pandemic really needs to have a word with themselves.

Embarrassing. Anyone who feels the need to go out and "protest" over a poorly managed football team while we're in the middle of a pandemic really needs to have a word with themselves.

Definitely going to get mentioned at tomorrows government update.

Fucking embarrassment.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Dundee's infection rates have gone back up again - driven by another cluster in the Perth Road area - 30 cases in past 7 days.

No chance we'll get moved to Tier 2 any time soon.

Where do you get this level of detail?