Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Four lions at a Barcelona zoo have tested positive for COVID-19, officials have said.

Three 16-year-old females, named Zala, Nima and Run Run and Kiumbe, a four-year-old male, were tested after keepers noticed they showed slight symptoms of the disease.

They are suffering symptoms similar to very mild flu, with no signs of difficulty in breathing and have been treated with anti-inflammatories, El Pais said

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Four lions at a Barcelona zoo have tested positive for COVID-19, officials have said.

Three 16-year-old females, named Zala, Nima and Run Run and Kiumbe, a four-year-old male, were tested after keepers noticed they showed slight symptoms of the disease.

They are suffering symptoms similar to very mild flu, with no signs of difficulty in breathing and have been treated with anti-inflammatories, El Pais said

Thoughts are with Cecil at this difficult time.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
On 08/12/2020 at 08:05, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
The Bard looking remarkably well for his age, even before getting his jag.

It was actually Christopher Marlowe who was second, but this Shakespeare chancer is trying to steal the limelight.

Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Turned radio on to them discussing the exams being cancelled and there was me surprised that uber moon unit jo bisset is being platformed AGAIN on the phone in.

They keep asking about what we're most looking forward to after the pandemic and that idiot being nowhere near our airwaves is high up on my list.

20 hours ago, buchan30 said:

We were supposed to get it today, but its been “cancelled until further notice” apparently management are getting theirs 1st.

20 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Please tell me we’re not wasting vaccines on managers that aren’t directly treating people when they could be getting used for vulnerable people. 

In NI, the first one to get the jab was the nurse in charge of the vaccination centre.

There was a Care Home manager on the radio saying his patients and staff were all/had all been vaccinated on Tuesday, too.

Whether NHS managers are getting it on the sly I don't know.

In NI, the first one to get the jab was the nurse in charge of the vaccination centre.
There was a Care Home manager on the radio saying his patients and staff were all/had all been vaccinated on Tuesday, too.
Whether NHS managers are getting it on the sly I don't know.

The 1st one to get it in fife was some senior nurse. Rumours flying about was that it was management.

12 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Call Kaye sounding surprised there's been no teachers phoning up this morning to talk about the exam situation. They're at their fucking work you thick twat

Phone up and pretend to be a teacher. It's utter garbage anyway and regularly has a Tory party funder on sticking the boot in.

I was down at the doctor's for my implant and the guy in front of me was refusing to wear a mask and so was refused admittance.

He stomped off in high dudgeon, mouthing off, reappeared talking into his mobile, probably on to somebody complaining about his SHUMAN RIGHTS, and was still hanging about whenever I was called in.

It's practice policy - No mask, no admittance. Apparently the whole family refuses to wear a mask. It's a waste of an appointment, but I suppose they can't refuse him an appointment in case he decides to wear a mask.

On a side note the nurse was telling me they'd lost 2 patients to COVID this last couple of days. :o

1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Do yourself a favour and stop listening to that cloying pish.

During the grangemouth dispute of 2013 she was commenting on just how eerily quiet her hometown was and that she had just never known it to be so quiet,  It was anything but, all the high pressure steam was vented off up the chuff instead of being put to use,  the noise level was actualy about twice the normal levels and the whole town sounded like being next to a waterfall, she's a fuckin slavering auld cow

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

Call Kaye sounding surprised there's been no teachers phoning up this morning to talk about the exam situation. They're at their fucking work you thick twat

At the risk of being accused of sweeping generalisation, that kinda sums up a lot of yer average phone-in programmes. A lot of hosts (especially on LBC, in my experience) can barely hide their annoyance when the backroom minions can't serve them up the right type of common people to back up their own narrative.

There's too many ill-informed, opinionated loons on the airwaves during the day, anyway. I used to love the late-night/early morning shows - normal but pissed or sleep-deprived was definitely better entertainment than badly researched but strongly held opinions on Brexit.

I'm beginning to think, based on comments on here, that a lack of Radio Shortbread may well be a hidden benefit of living down here.

21 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm a human being. A boomer is Aussie slang for a large male kangaroo, often the dominant male in a group. Not known for their typing skills, access to internet or grasp of English. So probably not, no.

Plus, I don't have a pouch. Shame, really, they look fucking handy.

Neither does a boomer.