Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Absolute NAP that two of the next stages in this farce will be:

- the SG shifting the goalposts on vaccinations and insisting that everyone even remotely in their priority criteria must get both jabs and can't transmit it either before we can possibly consider binning this utter shite.

- all UK governments under-delivering on the aforementioned vaccine task to a greater or lesser degree. Jeanne Freeman said Scotland would have one million done by the end of January: it's just as well for her that she's leaving in May anyway.

4 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i'm not trying to be an edgelord, the son is an adult, is running home to mum and dad the only option ?

From the description the boy seems to be homeless. Don't think it's too much of a stretch to think the polis might view him going to his only home as essential travel. 

3 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i'm not trying to be an edgelord, the son is an adult, is running home to mum and dad the only option ?

Well given he has lost his job & home, I would say yes until he can get something sorted. Very few people are lucky enough to have savings to tide them over with all the current uncertainty. Plus good luck getting a rental property when you are unemployed.

Also, the predicted rise in unemployment from 4% to nearly 8% wasn't predicated on Lockdown 3 happening over what looks like Jan-Feb.....what will further closures mean for that figure now?

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

From the description the boy seems to be homeless. Don't think it's too much of a stretch to think the polis might view him going to his only home as essential travel. 

that's fair do's, his faither is still a knob though, wae his ,''f**k them, ma boy will be coming hame'' shit, , giving it the fuckin billy big baws on a diddy team football forum.🤣

We still can on Christmas day what exactly were you planning given all the precautions or warnings over the last week. Christmas day is and always was plenty despite what was announced previously.

Of course this is 1 massive f**k up by all the UKGs but I still don't get that anyone was hoping for or expecting anything different from the actual outcome. Most of those now complaining have been openly predicting it on here for weeks !

It's utter shite, it really is but hardly a surprise so on that basis not the hard pill to swallow some are making out. I personally expected nothing different, perhaps I just have low expectations of government.
I think you're being pretty myopic here.

My health has been horrendous recently and with very little hope of things improving i had put a lot of focus into visits to our parents (the in laws on the 26th and my parents on the 27th).

It was something to hold on to - 2 days where my kids could see their grandparents - which i know means so much to them.

Those plans have been fucked over, and I'm massively gutted.

My mother in law has a terminal illness and for that reason time is incredibly precious.

I fully understand that a lot of people are able to see this as a relatively minor sacrifice but other folk have all sorts of physical and mental illnesses that add a layer of complexity to life.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think you're being pretty myopic here.

My health has been horrendous recently and with very little hope of things improving i had put a lot of focus into visits to our parents (the in laws on the 26th and my parents on the 27th).

It was something to hold on to - 2 days where my kids could see their grandparents - which i know means so much to them.

Those plans have been fucked over, and I'm massively gutted.

My mother in law has a terminal illness and for that reason time is incredibly precious.

I fully understand that a lot of people are able to see this as a relatively minor sacrifice but other folk have all sorts of physical and mental illnesses that add a layer of complexity to life.

I thought terminally ill were exempt.  Is this not the case?

42 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Sadly it'll make no difference as your lifelong cult members like @Wee Willie will donate and vote for them for eternity

FFS I'll vote for the SNP and donate to them until Scotland  is independent (I ken) and hopefully that'll no be from here to eternity 😊

35 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

In worse news

Jings, Crivvens and Help ma boab!