Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

What does everyone think the next major f**k-up will be?

1) The vaccine is placed on a spaceship next to a paedophile by accident ("This is the one thing we didn't want to happen")

2) Vials of the vaccine are accidentally mixed up with vials of Ebola

3) The vaccine accidentally turns people into cats

Any others?

^^^ thinks turning people into cats is accidental.  The naivety of some sheeple.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

1) The vaccine is placed on a spaceship next to a paedophile by accident ("This is the one thing we didn't want to happen")

Any others?

Number 1 had me in stitches.

I see the UK is set to get just 40% of the total volume if the AZ vaccine it was promised next week with the amount required to even vaccinate the most vulnerable likely to take until March to be delivered.

It can only be assumed given the mumblings from Govt officials when pressed that they knew fine we were never getting the volumes they previously spoke of in the timescales given.

Also interesting to see how all media outlets are basically burying this news, mentioned in passing on tonight's news and buried about three pages into a daily numbers article on the bbc web version

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Any others?

NHS database crash leaves no record of who's had what.

Twelve week wait for second dose results in new deadly vaccine resistant strain.

Edited by bendan

50 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Eqprw-AXYAI38Wd.jpeg.jpg.68c48dd1a50395b7ee971f832cca8724.jpg

"Schools need to stay open because too few staff have died" is a hell of a take.

That is outstandingly offensive, really we should be tracking these idiots down and using them to replace any teacher who falls ill with COVID-19. I wonder how many would change their tune if thi was the case. 

Just on the immunity amongst those that have had it. Me and 4 other's from work were struck down with this in March, utterly fucked us and I was off for weeks.

Currently this thing is ripping through my team. Of 35 people 20 are now off, 16 went in one go and are suffering the typical no taste, no energy just laid up with it. Meanwhile the 5 of us fine, it's hardly scientific but personal experience.   

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Na bunch of immunologists online saying its fine and sensible. Better to have 90% of 10 million people immune than 95% of 5 million. Makes sense to me.

The pharmaceutical companies want to max the headline efficacy percentage for PR sales related reasons with their second dose, so have deliberately downplayed the idea that it starts working well a few days after a single jag. One of the few things BJ has got right is ignoring them to get as many high risk people vaccinated ASAP.

Any others?
Someone sticks the entire Pfizer delivery into the microwave at full to defrost it. They pretend it didn't happen and the vulnerable just get injected with Tikka Sauce

Just on the immunity amongst those that have had it. Me and 4 other's from work were struck down with this in March, utterly fucked us and I was off for weeks.
Currently this thing is ripping through my team. Of 35 people 20 are now off, 16 went in one go and are suffering the typical no taste, no energy just laid up with it. Meanwhile the 5 of us fine, it's hardly scientific but personal experience.   
Health and safety must be well impressed with your workplace.