Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I agree they should be working weekends but are there not multiple doses in a vial?  Sure I read 5 for the Pfizer one.
if so this would equate to 3,750,000 per week.
I doubt we’d be able to stick that many folk is so.  We could send the excess to Europe in exchange for some fish.
Do we get our full order before anyone else, surely it doesn't work that way given they will have orders for hundreds of millions worldwide. It may take a fair while to get our full order.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
37 minutes ago, Left Back said:
I agree they should be working weekends but are there not multiple doses in a vial?  Sure I read 5 for the Pfizer one.
I doubt we’d be able to stick that many folk is so.  We could send the excess to Europe in exchange for some fish.

Do we get our full order before anyone else, surely it doesn't work that way given they will have orders for hundreds of millions worldwide. It may take a fair while to get our full order.

They're producing them all over the place, we'll probably get most of the UK ones. I'm just hoping they don't decide to prioritise the South East where it's getting out of control and Scotland has to wait a while.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
42 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Do we get our full order before anyone else, ...

Not applying for or expecting EU and FDA approval suggests the UK is being prioritised in the short to medium term . The US will mainly go with Moderna, the EU with Pfizer, Russia with Sputnik and China with Sinovac. India is the other country that is likely to move quickly with OxfordAZ and is where most of its mass production capacity is based, so is the other destination for vials to keep an eye on right now.

16 minutes ago, Arabdownunder said:
27 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
Indeed. I was subject to a similar regulation when I was in Italy and as far as lockdown restrictions go, it's hardly the most onerous.

We had to wear masks whenever we were out during lockdown. Actually easier, didn't have to think about whether it was needed.

how did the Bogans take that advice  ? 

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Folk talking this morning about a Tier 5 where we'll have to wear masks any time you're not at home? Not just in shops, etc? 

Aye in Englandshire.

Worth remembering that it's Tiers in England and Levels in Scotland

It easy to remember if you follow these simple steps.

Spoiler

Tears for Thatcher. Levels for Thatcher

Spoiler

We had to wear masks whenever we were out during lockdown. Actually easier, didn't have to think about whether it was needed.
There was also a requirement to wear non-fabric gloves in shops. That was more of a hassle, especially as my skin really didn't like them. For some reason it was a lot easier to forget gloves than your mask.

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're producing them all over the place, we'll probably get most of the UK ones. I'm just hoping they don't decide to prioritise the South East where it's getting out of control and Scotland has to wait a while.

https://www.sdi.co.uk/news-features/news-and-feature-articles/scottish-pharma-company-to-manufacture-covid-19-vaccine-for-clinical-trials

It would make sense to send the ones made in Scotland to N.I and Scotland and the ones made in England to be used in England it seems pointless driving them about the country.

I've also seen a lot of talk about prioritised workers I think the public should be able to vote one sector to be last in line, mine would be Bankers

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A while back they said they’d produce 1.2bn doses of AZ in 2021 so they must be knocking them out in more places than the UK.  AZ have plants all over the gliobe.

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

https://www.sdi.co.uk/news-features/news-and-feature-articles/scottish-pharma-company-to-manufacture-covid-19-vaccine-for-clinical-trials

It would make sense to send the ones made in Scotland to N.I and Scotland and the ones made in England to be used in England it seems pointless driving them about the country.

I've also seen a lot of talk about prioritised workers I think the public should be able to vote one sector to be last in line, mine would be Bankers

AFAIK they're all packaged in Wrexham after the culture is grown around the UK.

Are you thinking of going up and chapping their door?
Its within my skillset probably, but everyone I have ever known that worked at that particular site (former ICI, Zeneca, Avecia and whatever is still there now) has that distinct "few too many fumes inhaled" air about them. So it's a no from me.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Massive outbreak in the Highlands according to a guy at the NHS I've just spoken to  Will probably be on the news at 6.

A clustered outbreak or just generally a massive increase in numbers?

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Massive outbreak in the Highlands according to a guy at the NHS I've just spoken to  Will probably be on the news at 6.

20 cases in Dingwall from a guy doing a pub crawl between the Mallard and Oscars. I mean, that's some hike between the two. 

Supposedly the guy was awaiting his results and went out for a drink anyway.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Are you thinking of going up and chapping their door?

Its within my skillset probably, but everyone I have ever known that worked at that particular site (former ICI, Zeneca, Avecia and whatever is still there now) has that distinct "few too many fumes inhaled" air about them. So it's a no from me.

I don't know where they worked but mates that worked in Grangemouth mostly drank and slept. TBF the same guys drank and slept in chemical plants and power stations all over the UK and some in Europe.