Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It was. You were allowed out once a day for exercise.

Reason I remember is that I recall feeling a bit dodgy about going out for a walk in the afternoon and then walking along to Aldi at night, just in case anyone spotted me and Philpy'd me up.

Exercise and essential shopping.  Nothing to see here.

44 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Anyone who even considers voting Tory is someone concerned purely with themselves, and who will lack any kind of empathy.

And lo and behold, what do we see this morning?

and dinnae forget Labour and the LibDems. All of them support Trident being based in Scottish waters.

39 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

😂 let's not pretend all those who will religiously vote SNP regardless of anything are doing so because they are empathic AF

Anyway, as someone who used to be really skinny, put weight on, lost it, put it on again, realised enough was enough and started losing it again, I know perfectly well the importance of recognising where the line is, and doing something about it. If people can't see that themselves, then outside pressure needs to be applied, rather than "ach its ok. You look beautiful. Love your body."

If it helps, though, I don't know you. I really don't care about or concern myself with you.

Of course I'll vote for whatever party satisfies my current needs and priorities. That's pretty much how elections work.

I'm looking beyond my current needs.

I've got grandkids and I want them to grow up in a nuclear-free environment.

Getting rid of Trident and Hunterston would be a guid start.

And you'll only get that by voting for independence!

Just now, Wee Willie said:

and dinnae forget Labour and the LibDems. All of them support Trident being based in Scottish waters.

Is Trident all you ever think about?

you need to get out more.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Exercise and essential shopping.  Nothing to see here.

I had that all prepared as my reasoning.

Back in those early days though I thought the curtain twitchers in South Ayrshire would just see the same guy walking past their window a few times and get suspicious. 

Does ICU take up map well to overall case trends? Imagine that differing treatment regimes have an impact, for example: someone with high risk of morbidity, high viral load, no effective treatment - person dies before ever needing ICU.
Same person, low viral load due to decreased transmission, better treatments, doesn't peg it off the bat, good enough chance of recovery to wheel into ICU.
It'd surely only be out and out bad news if it was increasing use of ICUs for otherwise low risk patients?
Also the average age of ICU admissions is, and always has been, younger than general hospitalisations and deaths, it will take longer for these to decrease in comparison to the other rates.

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It was. You were allowed out once a day for exercise.

Reason I remember is that I recall feeling a bit dodgy about going out for a walk in the afternoon and then walking along to Aldi at night, just in case anyone spotted me and Philpy'd me up.

There were some edgy characters on here declaring the same. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Except, I've never voted Tory.

What I said, over the course of the day, was that I'd be looking to vote for the party that was looking to lift restrictions ASAP.

And I keep offering you the Scottish Libertarian party.   

Do you understand?  

21 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It was one form of exercise a day back in the March/April lockdown. One of the first "relaxations" was that this was replaced to allow more exercise. 

Never been a rule since. 

The English government still state that you should only leave your house to exercise once a day.

Having read this forum you simply wouldn't believe that pubs in this country had been facing years if not decades of declining trade with many going out of business or having to completely turn their business model on it's head from drinking dens to glorified low end restaurants  just to survive. yep looks like we live for going to the pub don't we!

Spoken like a man who just can’t grasp the risk of variants.
Exactly.

The reopening of pubs and gyms would only result in the unleashing of "the Pure Gym variant" and the even more deadly "Wetherspoons variant".

Keep them shut forever IMO.

Just now, Ron Aldo said:

Exactly.

The reopening of pubs and gyms would only result in the unleashing of "the Pure Gym variant" and the even more deadly "Wetherspoons variant".

Keep them shit forever IMO.

Yes, and I’m hearing from some top scientists that these variants could, maybe, potentially evade all vaccines and cause a pileup of bodies on Princes St. 

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Spoken like a man who just can’t grasp the risk of variants.

The only variants I want to concern myself with are the many types of single malt and lager, or occasionally lat machines and deadlift techniques when I feel guilty about one or the other.

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Also, lots of people who complain about depictions of obesity are just looking for an excuse to be horrible to people, especially women.

Got it in one.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

If you somehow think that doughnuts have the same psychochemical properties as heroin, sure. 

Dunno man I've tried a lot of drugs and not many are as potent as the gingerbread Krispy Kreme ains

27 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Are you a wind-up toy?