Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Pains me to say this but fair play to the Torys.  They’ve gained a fair few new voters from this thread alone all because they’ve claimed you might get a pint sometime this year.  They certainly know how to con the electorate, that’s for sure. I guess it’s irrelevant that they’re corrupt b*****ds with a history of just claiming any old shite during this pandemic. 

On 20/02/2021 at 18:53, Wile E Coyote said:

Buckingham Palace trying to justify Charles visit by saying its a private hospital.  Charles made a round trip of 90 miles to visit the hospital. They are basically saying if you have money or a Royal the rules don't apply to you.

Add in the fact that Charles and others came from London to Balmoral at the start of the first lockdown despite it being against the rules its a big f**k the rest of you, we will do what we like from the Royals

You should have added that his son and daughter-in-law at the beginning of last December took a train (at taxpayers expense) and travelled from London to Edinburgh against the advice of the SG then travelled to Wales against the advice of the Welsh Government. 

On 20/02/2021 at 19:00, Sergeant Wilson said:

@Wee Willie and @Carnoustie Young Guvnorwill have spontaneously combusted.

I'm still here so I didnae catch fire.

I take it you accept that Charlie boy can flaunt the rules whenever he wants?

18 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

A strange reason imo.

Seeing the English timeframe yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and gave myself a #8 all over to eradicate the crazy professor look (had clippers already, but had been feart of using them as I do occasionally venture outside the house, and yesterday was too warm for a hat). 

Surprisingly happy with the result, although it means I'll have to add 'barber' to my CV now, which might upset the layout.

aye, you're not called Hedgecutter for nothing........

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

1st June - stadiums and sports arena to allow in a limited number (let’s say 300 as that was the pilot and to be safe.)

Allowing 300 crowds at grounds like Pittodrie is the most pointless exercise imaginable, you'd be as well off playing the match on FIFA given how low the chances of transmission are.

26 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm angry because the Government of this country has seen a global pandemic as an opportunity for profit. 

I'm angry because the Prime Minister was responsible for tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths because one of his scriptwriters had come uo with a weak gag he wanted to see on the Mail front page. 

I'm angry because the Health Secretary has been found guilty in the high court of acting unlawfully, and says he won't resign. And the media shrug thir shoulders and move on to what Harry 'n' Megan are up to.

I'm angry because a massive court decision has handed some rights to Uber drivers (and by extension a shitload of other "gig economy" workers) and not one mainstream outlet  has attempted to open a debate about what this is going to mean for employment and the future of the economy. Mainly, I think, because the concept of workers getting some rights which should be undeniable may mean the companies relying on them can no longer make profits, therefore rendering them ex-workers is seen as a bit complex. 

I'm angry because the whole system is crashing about our ears, and the Government has no clue, idea or desire to anything about it. 

I'm angry because there's more concern about haircuts, football and schools than there is about the collapse of our entire society.

And finally, I'm angry because the majority of posters on here are more concerned with point-scoring than they are about the real-life catastrophe looming over the horizon. 

Never knew 55 would get to you this badly WRK 

18 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

Pains me to say this but fair play to the Torys.  They’ve gained a fair few new voters from this thread alone all because they’ve claimed you might get a pint sometime this year.  They certainly know how to con the electorate, that’s for sure. I guess it’s irrelevant that they’re corrupt b*****ds with a history of just claiming any old shite during this pandemic. 

I mean that's a nice sentence, it's just not true is it. 

They published a 60 page roadmap back to a place that would make life worth living again. They stated zero covid is a fantasy (something which a lot of people, including those regularly being seen on our TV's, are striving for in Scotland). They set out 4 clear criteria that would need to be met in order for steps to be undertaken on time. They indicated meeting these criteria would lead to a place where social distancing (a concept which kills about 4 industries stone dead) would no longer be needed.

Meanwhile from Scotgov, the most recent commitments we've had have been "we might get a summer like last (bar the foreign holidays) if we're lucky", and "don't go off booking your staycations just yet!". 

I'm reserving further judgement until we hear the announcement later. If it is filled with childish quips about Boris, and not with material ways we can get back to normality, whilst people in Glasgow basically haven't been able to leave their house for half a year, don't be surprised if people get pissed off.

Edited by bairn88

Brilliant.

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Just goes right back to what's better telling people the best case scenario or the worst case. Neither are helpful without knowing what they wil be based on

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Everything that's wrong with P&B and the internet more widely in 2021 in a single sentence

TBF it's been like the start of the grand national on here the last 48 hours with the usual suspects jostling to be in position to be most outraged this afternoon.

I'm worried some folk go too early and don't make it to the bells. 

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Last week's work.  I've been waiting on brown-bin-day to free up some space, but I think the sparrows have already moved in (and I have lost track of citizen's rights laws).

Screenshot_20210223-113441.thumb.png.dee44fa668f9c94390cc0c09c1830be0.png

That's some amount of hair.

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I mean that's a nice sentence, it's just not true is it. 

They published a 60 page roadmap back to a place that would make life worth living again. They stated zero covid is a fantasy (something which a lot of people, including those regularly being seen on our TV's, are striving for in Scotland). They set out 4 clear criteria that would need to be met in order for steps to be undertaken on time. They indicated meeting these criteria would lead to a place where social distancing (a concept which kills about 4 industries stone dead) would no longer be needed.

Meanwhile from Scotgov, the most recent commitments we've had have been "we might get a summer like last (bar the foreign holidays) if we're lucky", and "don't go off booking your staycations just yet!". 

I'm reserving further judgement until we hear the announcement later. If it is filled with childish quips about Boris, and not with material ways we can get back to normality, whilst people in Glasgow basically haven't been able to leave their house for half a year, don't be surprised if people get pissed off.

I just find it interesting that even though the Torys have lied their way through this pandemic we now have people taking their bullshit at face value. They remind me a bit of the OF to be honest. They know how to con the lowest common denominator into thinking they’re the good guys. Morons will vote for them in their droves even after they’ve overseen about 130k dead. 

My criticism of the conservatives isn’t a comment on how the SNP have handled this. They’ve handled it fucking terribly as well. 

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

As with the character assasination carried out on Jeremy Corbyn, the majority of people are content to let the BBC/Sun/Mail tell them what is being said or done, rather than take the trouble to watch what is actually said when Johnson or one of his minions speaks in the House, or even on tellybox. Apparently, doing your own thinking is far too much trouble these days. 

I think people do watch Johnson and Sturgeon giving their briefing but still take from it what they think they are saying, rather than it always being a true representation of what was said.

I think that this can be true in many situations though, it’s the same reason why you have unreliable witnesses and don’t rely on one persons evidence for things.

38 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

A strange reason imo.

Seeing the English timeframe yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and gave myself a #8 all over to eradicate the crazy professor look (had clippers already, but had been feart of using them as I do occasionally venture outside the house, and yesterday was too warm for a hat). 

Surprisingly happy with the result, although it means I'll have to add 'barber' to my CV now, which might upset the layout.

You dont think D&G should have went down a tier at the time? 

30 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

Idiotic simplification of what's going on here.

3 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

I just find it interesting that even though the Torys have lied their way through this pandemic we now have people taking their bullshit at face value. They remind me a bit of the OF to be honest. They know how to con the lowest common denominator into thinking they’re the good guys. Morons will vote for them in their droves even after they’ve overseen about 130k dead. 

My criticism of the conservatives isn’t a comment on how the SNP have handled this. They’ve handled it fucking terribly as well. 

In my opinion they've both handled it equally poorly. 

Major difference being the vaccination procurement and deployment by UK gov has possibly been the best or 2nd best in the world, which will save a huge amount of lives. It fucking pains me to say it but Tories have more in the bank than Sturgeon does for me.

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I'm sure as long as Leitch has his face on TV, his voice on off the ball, and his bible class to go to he'll be happy. That's his new normality 

16 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Looks like they're shifting the mewling to 'global normality', as they inevitably acquiesce and open Scotland up to European travel in summer once England does.

Sturgeon will try and play this down today, but not a chance will Scottish airports be shut and English ones open. It's going to be so, so pleasing when they U-turn on this and act like their rhetoric wasn't ever that strong.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

Brilliant.

Just goes right back to what's better telling people the best case scenario or the worst case. Neither are helpful without knowing what they wil be based on

Particularly if reality is better than the "best case scenario"

20210223_115911.jpg