Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Basically they're moving to more open-ended language rather than the closed-off rhetoric they had been using up to this point. Thus enabling them to acquiesce to opening up the airports and borders once England does without it looking like a total U-turn.

Don't you mean they're taking the more responsible approach. 

28 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I've got friends that are contractors and do the whole limited company thing (tax dodging to give it it's real name).  Up in arms that the only support they can get is a bounceback loan (that they have to repay) rather than the "wages" other people are getting.

As you say live by the sword, die by the sword.  f**k 'em. If you don't pay into the membership of the club you shouldn't be able to use the clubs facilities.

Thanks, that was my view also mainly because the one person I know who gets paid in a similar way is quite in your face about how little tax he pays.

29 minutes ago, Adam said:

Are they? There was a study reported in the Guardian last September that showed a 50% rise in the number of nurses leaving the profession within the first three years of qualifying compared to figures from 2013.

Was that maybe exacerbated by foreign nurses leaving because of brexit? 

29 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Sounds to me very much like the Scottish Government have seen the backlash regarding Elixir's negativity and are now having to adjust their tone accordingly, not least because the data already merits this. Even on international travel, I think they realise it's inevitable that we'll be opened up by midsummer.

My advice to the SG would be to fire him on ignore

18 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Nothing of the sorts, They are making a comfortable living. I didn't suggest anything other than that. Common jobs aren't supposed to make you rich.  If you can't make a decent living off of that amount of money in this country then something is up. 

Suppose it depends where you live. £25k in Greenock will go far, in Edinburgh or Aberdeen not so much.

1 hour ago, PWL said:

Reasonable but no more. 

The boy, Hugo Gye, who does the stats daily on Twitter days the supply tap switches back on from this weekend so should accelerate back to Dece levels then. 

Sturgeon stated that there may be an issue with supply next week.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Germany has approved the AZ vaccine for over 65s and is also now using a 12 week second dose strategy.

Presumably German has a word for 'humiliating climbdown'.

Edited by vikingTON

In the history of weird, creepy Tories surely Hancock is up there with the weirdest and creepiest.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it turned out his house was full of nazi memorabilia, or bad self-taxidermied animals.

15 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Loads of the info in that article goes against what we have been told on here is absolutely gospel. 

Aye surprising indeed..........what's Inverclyde for "humiliating climbdown"?

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

a man riding a skateboard up the side of a fence: While he was jumping the fence, he was being accused of kicking NHS heroes in the teeth

© Evening Standard / eyevine While he was jumping the fence, he was being accused of kicking NHS heroes in the teeth

Just how long did it take him to clear he fence?

Never mind that. Why is he doing it? 😂

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

In the history of weird, creepy Tories surely Hancock is up there with the weirdest and creepiest.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it turned out his house was full of nazi memorabilia, or bad self-taxidermied animals.

Dunno, he'd take some going to beat this bootlicking, gammon, Tory creep