Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Caught on the radio this morning that some group of various Christian church leaders are taking the ScotGov to court today for a judicial review of them forcing churches to close.

They are seeking this because, and I quote: "covid restrictions are harming our eternal health and spirituality because we cannot worship Jesus Christ"

Well seeing as they believe their god to he omnipresent, that statement is utter drivel.

4 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Caught on the radio this morning that some group of various Christian church leaders are taking the ScotGov to court today for a judicial review of them forcing churches to close.

They are seeking this because, and I quote: "covid restrictions are harming our eternal health and spirituality because we cannot worship Jesus Christ"

It was at that point the presenter tried really hard not to laugh.

Well worth a listen at about 8.45am on GMS if you want to anger yourself even more about churches being given priority in the reopening.

1 corinthians

3:9

For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building

6:19

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

A proper god botherer would know they don't need a building. 

This is absolutely fucking mental, I know there’s a separate thread around this specific issue but a lassie has been murdered and peoples first thought is if she might be breaking lockdown rules.

Lockdown was started for good reason with good intentions and it has obviously had a positive effect on the NHS and helped reduce the number of deaths but honest to f**k, the mental damage it’s caused to society and the way people think is unimaginable.

I genuinely believe for some of society it’ll never fix and even if covid goes away it’ll be something else, the media really do have so much to answer for, a substantial percentage of our country will, I think, spend the majority of their post-covid lives staying at home to avoid disease, attacks and many other things to keep them alive just so they can sit and their house and wait until they die of whatever else they die of.

Can slag these folk off all you like but it’s nothing else other than sad.

38 minutes ago, Knight55WoodBear said:

I was indicating you were a clatty b*****d that was responsible for Clydebank's Covid mortality rate.

You must have replied to the wrong post then, you daft c**t.

And anyway, I've not been infectious for months. If the good denizens of the jewel of West Dunbartonshire arent dying of Covid any longer, it's probably because they're all too busy dying of alcoholism, fuel poverty, drugs, the Glasgow Effect and shame.

11 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

This is absolutely fucking mental, I know there’s a separate thread around this specific issue but a lassie has been murdered and peoples first thought is if she might be breaking lockdown rules.

Lockdown was started for good reason with good intentions and it has obviously had a positive effect on the NHS and helped reduce the number of deaths but honest to f**k, the mental damage it’s caused to society and the way people think is unimaginable.

I genuinely believe for some of society it’ll never fix and even if covid goes away it’ll be something else, the media really do have so much to answer for, a substantial percentage of our country will, I think, spend the majority of their post-covid lives staying at home to avoid disease, attacks and many other things to keep them alive just so they can sit and their house and wait until they die of whatever else they die of.

Can slag these folk off all you like but it’s nothing else other than sad.

I suppose it would be interesting to know how Asian populations recovered from previous serous outbreaks. I know we've spoken a lot on here about mask wearing in normal times being a lot more prevalent, but in other respects did society change? Are there people there who struggle to go about their daily lives once restrictions are lifted. I suppose necessity will dictate what they do in a lot of cases, and purely pulling (potentially stereotypical) facts out of my arse, I'd imagine we have a higher proportion of people who can afford to shut themselves away if they have the fear long term. 

Edited by madwullie

26 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

It was at that point the presenter tried really hard not to laugh.

Well worth a listen at about 8.45am on GMS if you want to anger yourself even more about churches being given priority in the reopening.

If that's their case then it's bound to fail surely.  No-one is stopping them worshipping Jesus Christ.  Communal worship is what is paused.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

You must have replied to the wrong post then, you daft c**t.

And anyway, I've not been infectious for months. If the good denizens of the jewel of West Dunbartonshire arent dying of Covid any longer, it's probably because they're all too busy dying of alcoholism, fuel poverty, drugs, the Glasgow Effect and shame.

Well, don't I feel foolish...

If that's their case then it's bound to fail surely.  No-one is stopping them worshipping Jesus Christ.  Communal worship is what is paused.
It really was quite a few minutes to be fair. It sounded like the collection of Christian churches was most certainly the lunatic fringe of, well, the less lunatic I guess.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The Daily Fail farting and trumpeting about England's infection rate now lower than Scotland's (at the 5th March.)

Calls now for Boris Johnson to reduce restrictions even further, the words turbo charged were used.

So basically like an English version of P&B?

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The Daily Fail farting and trumpeting about England's infection rate now lower than Scotland's (at the 5th March.)

Calls now for Boris Johnson to reduce restrictions even further, the words turbo charged were used.

It's Desmond Swayne making all the noise.  The man is a lunatic.

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Are the difference in rates due to our nurseries and p1-3 being back 3 weeks now? 

Yes, it was popularised by Jay Sean strangely enough

The BBC seem intent on turning every issue into a competition. Last night they were pushing that women have apparently suffered more than men throughout the pandemic. Today they seem to want to make it England vs Scotland again. All of this littered between montages of auld c***s dying, lonely people explaining how they've got no will to live left and business owners greeting that their livelihood is fucked. 

Not one of the fucking c***s asking why £30bn has been spunked up the wall. The BBC have been not only useless to the public but damaging. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It was said in "The Last Dance" that Michael Jordan is as good as anyone anywhere has ever been at their job.

Theres now a few lads from Pfizer laughing and taking MJs big cigar off him.

These mRNA vaccines look to be the business. The others are great too, but for brand new technology, this is incredible.

I was reading the other day that they were originally developing the mRNA vaccines to try and vaccinate against certain types of cancer before COVID hit and they changed focus on to that. Can you imagine if the lads came up with something like that.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

591 new cases (2.5% of tests)
556 in hospital (-26)
42 in ICU (-8)

22 deaths.

Encouraging numbers again. Fantastic to see the ICU total so low.

Great to see such a dramatic reduction still think that ICU has to reduce a long way further but if they could keep up 8 discharges a day that would be great.