Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
21 minutes ago, RH33 said:
Mine have been in two days a week and latterly the wee one in four days a week.
I didn’t mean to trigger a pedantic argument about extent to which they had been open!

Some may be surprised how busy some schools have been.

Think towards the end there were 20/25 in the 4-7 hub. It was a godsend to me and I sent chocolate (individually wrapped) to the staff last week. 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know much about vaccine rollouts etc, but if people within a trial developed clots, however many, then would they not stop the trial until they rule out any link?

There likely isn't one, but are they not required to investigate?

Within the trial period, yes, They would pause and investigate. During the trial these clots were not an issue - and they're still not an issue. It's entirely probable that these people developed clots independent of the vaccine. 

The EU are making a rip roaring c**t of this.

Hard to believe they're not making a big song and dance about it simply because they know they've fucked it with their roll out and their state sponsored scepticism of it.

As much as we might not like how the UK or ScotGov have handled things overall, they are light years ahead of the continent.

53 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

On the point of getting vaccine letters when you’re not expecting them...one of my pals, 24, no underlying health conditions got one because he was obese about 6 years ago, guys built like the side of a fiver now, used to be very heavy though and they obviously haven’t updated their records 😂.

One of my mates got vaccinated a few months back, because his GP practice listed his height as 58cm instead of 5’8”. His BMI was recorded at around 250 or something ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

There will be a lot of smug, Brexit voting gammons saying "told you so".

Worryingly, I'd have to agree with them. The EU aren't painting themselves in a good light at the moment.

Correct by way of total fortune.

Covid strategy factored not a jot into Brexit so there's nothing there that they 'told us so' about.

Though the overall handling by the EU of the vaccine rollout and their behaviour throughout the process has been completely shambolic.

39 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

What the f**k are the EU playing at here? Is this just to cover up the fact that there vaccination roll out has been an utter disaster?

Weird way to go about things really when they are already so far behind. As someone has said hopefully AZ can then just send the unwanted vaccines for use here until the EU back peddle again in a few weeks. 

Did anyone else hear on the lunchtime briefing the BBC guy from Ireland saying that AZ had missed a huge amount of the delivery dates promised? Certainly had the sounds of trying to hold AZ partially responsible for the slow roll out.

Would be nice to see a good few weeks around the 400k mark to try and get the numbers way up.

assessment by the European Union's medicine regulator on Tuesday.

Appears to be the key to AZ being back on the table in Germany, France, Italy etc.

I suppose Monday must have been their European day off.

It actually is in Cyprus, Greece & Hungary so he's maybe away gowfing.

Edited by superbigal

A bit concerning, even if not enough data yet to be conclusive, that the numbers appear to be turning upwards again:
IMG_0172.jpg

The positivity rate table has started to turn upwards in the last few days too:

IMG_0173.jpg

As I say, not conclusive, but enough to be slightly concerned....

14 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Appears to be the key to AZ being back on the table in Germany, France, Italy etc.

AZ hasn't been off the table in Italy.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Thing is though, there is considerable damage done.

Vaccine hesitancy in these countries was relatively high to begin with and then accelerated by the first wave of 'over 65s shouldn't use it as it's not safe' hissy fits.

Every time they fire away with any sort of report of it not being safe, less and less people will accept it. You even have people here showing a bit of uncertainty about it as an overspill of their nonsense.