Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's going to be like the January sales when pubs and restaurants open. 

Has been like this in supermarkets for past year since only place been open throughout. So I'm looking forward to restaurants being open 🙂

Edited by Robin.Hood

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

To be honest if they just ditched the travel nonsense rather than wait another pointless 2 weeks that would be something.

Yeh that outdoor sport and something token indoors are libraries open? Something like that.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

If this happens, I will take it as absolute proof that she reads the Pie and Bovril coronavirus thread.

they'll be an increase in the amount of folk you can outside an little more, followed by sturgeon walking away with a smirk thinkin ah hud them guan there eh they thought they were goin for a pint!

Canvassing for the election door to door was due to be allowed a week or so back but wasn't because Scotland's case rate wasn't below 50.

Now it is below 50 I expect that to one of the things announced because it's far more important than anything the rest of us actually want to do.

25 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Just seen the news article about the "different" form of Edinburgh festival this year. What was the point in vaccinating folk if we're still doing this in August? IMG_20210413_102646.jpeg

Any big event like this needs to be well prepared in advance, which means they have to plan now for something that will definitely go ahead even if the restrictions don't loosen as much as they'd hope. Worst case scenario and all that. I don't think it necessarily means that all of this will be required in August.

Edited by craigkillie

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Canvassing for the election door to door was due to be allowed a week or so back but wasn't because Scotland's case rate wasn't below 50.

Now it is below 50 I expect that to one of the things announced because it's far more important than anything the rest of us actually want to do.

Would be some definite heads gone if this was the case!

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Any big event like this needs to be well prepared in advance, which means thaey plan now for something that will definitely go ahead even if the restrictions don't loosen as much as they'd hope. Worst case scenario and all that. I don't think it necessarily means that all of this will be required in August.

Large music festivals are planning to go ahead in late summer at full capacity ,  albeit you'd be more worried about cancelation than you would be in previous years when they were almost unheard of.  maybe there's the Edinburgh international festival is attended by 98% lovejoys and this is the only way they will sell any tickets

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

I've to come back home to Scotland for a wedding in late June. It's looking like I'm not going to be vaccinated in time. What do we reckon my chances of getting over for it actually are?

Depends where you are coming from I guess

11 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

We hold a revolution if they don’t announce football grounds opening, that’s what I say.

Oh and announce the gyms are closed permanently, just for the patter.

gyms can open but to ensure social distancing no phones will be permitted, that way only c***s who go to actually get some exercise will bother and all the posers will stay at home

I have no idea whether to take tweets like this seriously anymore. It's hard to tell who's taking the piss and who's genuine.

I’ve generally supported the govt in their decisions. However if anyone is screaming we delay reopening they can lock themselves in a shelter and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

Vaccinations are working. Schools are reopening and life is slowly going back to normal.

I fully predict an almost normal summer.
I can see why the Edinburgh festival etc are perhaps playing it a bit safer with capacity etc, but it’s easier to announce low and increase if possible rather than announce large and decrease.