Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just checked the UK_Centrist twitter feed to see what's going on in the land of fear. 
Long Covid is the story of the day. Lewis Hamilton and Piers Moron have said they have it, so we should all lockdown hard now to prevent people catching Covid and getting Long Covid. 
giphy.gif&key=0ef7dce6fe9e3ba9d20afbfa4a20d95095700aabf225b604065a0a6de5cbde60

Hamilton and Morgan have clearly confused symptoms of long Covid with the much more common ones of being tedious c***s.

Jeremy Clarkson criticises Covid scientists, saying ‘if you die, you die’

“When it started, I read up on pandemics and they tend to be four years long,” he said.

“I think the politicians should sometimes tell those communists at Sage to get back in their box. Let’s just all go through life with our fingers crossed and a smile on our face. I can see Boris doesn’t want to open it up and shut us back down again. But if it’s going to be four years … and who knows, it could be 40 years.”

Or it could be for ever. “Well, if it’s going to be for ever, let’s open it up and if you die, you die.”

Edited by scottsdad

Finally grabbed my first dose of Moderna goodness today, 2 rescheduled appointments, 1 drop in and 1 positive covid test later, possibly the last P&B poster to join the club.

With the exception of the detournement moon howlers ofc.

That backlash came after a newspaper column in which he dismissed shot putting, diving and dressage as pointless fringe sports. Why do we care, he asked. “Nothing marks out a country’s minor-league standing more effectively than its pride in things that really don’t matter.”

Both Olympic flag-shaggers and public health psychos reduced to a puddle of collective seethe in a handful of days. 

5a4d56c3-009d-4ae4-9451-5d5ce6055925.jpg.b09c83f72da57b876a960ec175764729.jpg

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When is the announcement by NS? Looking forward to the seethe from the lovejoys when normality resumes 

Glad to see you are so confident it’s the Lovejoys who will be seething.

Me, I’m not so confident and can feel a real shit show coming out of this for some businesses. Will be delighted to be wrong mind.

23 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Glad to see you are so confident it’s the Lovejoys who will be seething.

Me, I’m not so confident and can feel a real shit show coming out of this for some businesses. Will be delighted to be wrong mind.

Predictions for today 

For every 5 times the boris says black, we'll say white 10 

Its interesting that cross border travel has fully opened up in Europe without any additional testing etc and despite their supposed lax attitude and our supposed ultra safe / additional testing requirements that our covid rates are much much worse even though our air travel is currently only a fraction of what we're seeing in the EU.

So basically we're destroying our aviation industry, crippling our travel industry and pissing off most of the population for absolutely no valid or rational reason at all.....

You will not be left behind

It's just too soon for nightclubs

Long covid harms

Postponed till the effect of schools going back is known

Football still to 'dangerous' for full capacity

Can we extend furlough

No standing in pubs

Winter flu season means measures to be reviewed again in October. 

That's my pessimistic take on it all but reasonably confident it will just be masks on public transport and shops for a while (timescale kicked into the long grass along with international travel). 

Oh,  and any delegation to council level at all can GTF. 

Edited by Have some faith in Magic

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Its interesting that cross border travel has fully opened up in Europe without any additional testing etc and despite their supposed lax attitude and our supposed ultra safe / additional testing requirements that our covid rates are much much worse even though our air travel is currently only a fraction of what we're seeing in the EU.

So basically we're destroying our aviation industry, crippling our travel industry and pissing off most of the population for absolutely no valid or rational reason at all.....

I don't disagree with the point you're making but where was this anger last year when you were saying on here that everything was "normal" cause you played a round of golf?

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The public are now in favour of binning travel restrictions.