Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

"I make no excuses for trying to save people's lives", said without irony as people struggle so badly mentally with lockdown they kill themselves, while there's hundreds of cancer patients denied treatment and people denied access to proper doctor appointments as GPs lock themselves away behind a phone again.

GP’s arent denying appointments, my wife’s business partner saw a patient who lied about their symptoms, caught covid and almost died due to complications causing serious damage to his heart. They are now running at about 1/4 of the staff levels they had pre covid, meaning they are pretty much emergency appointments only, my wife is at breaking point with stress and is fielding calls and emails all the time away from work. People are misusing the emergency appointments also for things like ‘sore toe’ ‘jayden might have autism’ ‘kayden was sick 2 weeks ago but is fine now’ type stuff. Idiots who misuse time are the real problem. 
They cant get locum’s, the nurse practitioner is off on the sick and no replacement. They are trying. They can’t offer any more ‘face to face appointments’ because the health board limit the numbers who can be in the reception area to two, they have challenged this but been told no. What more do you expect them to do? Ill tell her when she gets home and burst into tears that its not good enough then? If the doctors could give you appointments then they would. 

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Gaz makes an interesting point that this is an echo chamber but this is one thing I can’t see being popular in the population. The Welsh govt are getting a lot of stick also.

I also think whilst this is an echo chamber, you can see the shift (rightly in my opinion) to a lot more people on here being a lot more pissed off about what's happening.

Is there hard evidence that having over 500 people at outdoor football matches is contributing to the spread of covid? If not sit down, shut up and let everyone crack on. 
Of course there isn't but football and alcohol have always been easy targets for the SNP, even before Covid.

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The idea that limiting football matches to 500 people "controls Omicron" is just utterly incredible. 2 years into this lads

If that is the case it is scandalous. There is less risk at the football than a lot of things. 

I get that you might be concerned about big crowds on trains and buses, but 500 is a joke.