Coronavirus (COVID-19)

37 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I think I need to find a remote hill to walk up and scream at the top of my voice to let it all out.  I've simply had enough of masks, cyclic lockdown and this entire utter shitshow.  What's the f***ing end game here? 

startrek-wrath.gif

Yep, me too

Tested positive for what I'm assuming is Omni on my return from NY on Sunday. Girlfriend tested negative on return then finally got the same symptoms two days after then finally tested positive. 

Had a cough for a day, and now a runny nose, but feel fine otherwise. Only had two jabs as appointments for the booster only came available when I was away. If it's like this for the vast majority there's no need to panic, a couple of days at home then good to go. 

More frustrated at being stuck in the house than anything, not getting my haircut and getting to see my mate who's back home, but wouldn't be rushing out if I had a cold like this anyway. 

Knew the risk going away, but we'll worth it, hopefully those in power start seeing some sense sooner than later. 

Edited by gc_smfc

12 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Don't see why you should punish a good local councillor who does a good job representing people in their council ward for things the SNP have done in charge of the government at Holyrood though?

Using national issues to decide how you vote in a council election isn't a great idea as they deal with different spheres of responsibility & especially as local councillors of any party may do a great job compared to someone's opinion of their party at Holyrood or WM level.

It's why folk who voted for the Tories in 2017 on a Tory campaign that focused solely on a "stopindyref2" message not local issues ended up electing Tory councillors either mostly useless or who only intended to be a 'paper' candidate but ended up elected for the next 5 years!

If you want to tactically vote for the good councillor & not give the SNP a 2nd vote if they are standing 2 candidates in your council ward then that's up to you...

When the alternative is a unionist Lab, Tory or Lib Dem (cos let's be honest, except for the Greens in Glasgow or Edinburgh, no other pro-indy parties are going to get councillors elected) whose parties at Holyrood have all gone along with the Covid decisions by & large or even wanted to go further I'd rather still go with a local SNP rep who's been doing a good job for the last 5 years at council level.

If local councillors don't want to be judged by the performance of their catastrophically bald counterparts at the national level, then they can always choose to run as an independent candidate instead. They can't exploit national party recognition and resources when it suits them. 

3 hours ago, deegee said:

If Swinney is now saying the Scottish Government will consider changes to self isolation period, it’s safe to assume that himself and Sturgeon will probably increase the term to 14 days, just to be on the safe side lol. 

We can self cert for 28 days now, I think you are being pessimistic. 

Both myself and Mrs got pinged late July. We both got PCR tests at the same centre and the same time. Mrs had her result next day but nothing for me for days. Anyway, eventually got in touch with someone who had evidence of the test being done via the bar-code but couldn't locate the result as it had been lost as probably sent to a different lab from Mrs b-l.
I was advised to do a LFT and record the result with the NHS.
I was never given the PCR test result.
I would get in touch through whatever contacts you can find. It wasn't easy though.. 
Mines was done at home as I wasn't able to get to a test centre. The phone line weren't even able to tell me if they'd even received it which is the most annoying thing.

Got my booster on the 10th, no symptoms but I test a couple of times a week because of the amount of people I come into contact with working in the vaccine centre. I think if this comes back negative I'll be stopping the regular testing cause this is pish.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yes this is a good point. I despise Sturgeon and the SNP as much as anyone at this point, and am absolutely not defending any of the utter shite they’ve come out with yesterday… but there are quite a few European nations shitting the bed worse than us currently. Why is everyone ignoring the blatantly positive data about Omicron and focusing purely on worst case scenarios?

I’m not a conspiracy theorist at all, but either governments across Europe are absolutely paralysed by fear (and therefore not fit to run a country) or something else is going on. It feels like a social experiment at this point. It’s the most confused I’ve been yet at the decision making so far.

I'm presuming there's a lot of guilt from not locking down earlier across the board from wave 1 and heads are exploding accordingly. 

If local councillors don't want to be judged by the performance of their catastrophically bald counterparts at the national level, then they can always choose to run as an independent candidate instead. They can't exploit national party recognition and resources when it suits them. 
Most decent local councillors - whilst still under a party banner - will build up support for them as a person by doing a good job for & engaging with the folk in the council ward they represent not just riding on the party name.

There are certainly councillors who have a large personal vote unrelated to the party they happen to represent based on what they do for local people on local issues.

It is possible to separate the two.

But I know from previous on here & this thread in general that you probably won't agree.
Posting on this thread is probably a mistake in general!

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Swinney can get to f**k the bald specky twat. 

That’s even made me more angry than yesterday. f**k off Jason you absolute c**t. 

It’s hard to debate such eloquent, coherent and analytical arguments.

My local councillor, and also a Lothians MSP, is a trend-setting Tory, she was in the papers for leaked WhatsApp messages criticising the party leadership months before the rest of them were at it.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/calls-for-tories-to-deselect-edinburgh-councillor-as-holyrood-candidate-over-whatsapp-messages-on-covid-crisis-and-public-sector-pay-freeze-3163057

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I think I need to find a remote hill to walk up and scream at the top of my voice to let it all out.  I've simply had enough of masks, cyclic lockdown and this entire utter shitshow.  What's the f***ing end game here? 

skynews-derek-acorah-medium_4882716.jpg

Oh, cyclic, I see, carry on!

Just now, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
It’s hard to debate such eloquent, coherent and analytical arguments.

You havent made an argument of any form for as long as I can remember. Plenty of wee snide digs like the above, but you always avoid actually saying anything.

You have a short memory.