Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The EPL have announced that they had 103 positives last week of players and staff. 

The media aren't making such a big deal of the fact they did 15,000 tests and 99.3% were negative. 

Each player tested daily so divide that 15,000 by 7 and you get to 5% positive.

I suspect 5% is probably  about where the country is.

Premier league testing will be more accurate than ONS surveys.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't want them but it's not interfering much with what I do. I'm not even 100% sure what the exact rules are and just stick to the spirit of restrictions.

Oh wait, travelling abroad or lack of it, is a pest.

I admit I'm completely selfish in my outlook and I'm prepared to accept some minor irritations to maintain WFH as long as possible.

Lol.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Given how many people are returning positive tests recently, token measures are akin to trying to stop the tide coming in.

I suspect (although he would be hounded if they came out and said it) that BJ recognises this and therefore sees absolutely no point in restricting anything.

As it becomes apparant it is now at worst a bad cold for an overwhelming majority, the cost/benefit to individuals, businesses and the government as a whole is shifting massively towards "cost" to the point we will soon be better off accepting that most people are going to get it and be fine and bin off mass testing and mandatory isolation.

The main reason we aren't there yet IMO is the lingering belief that dying within 28 days of a positive Covid test it is still seen by too many as unacceptable and somehow completely avoidable.

We did take tests before attending our Christmas lunch all negative so we didny pass anything nasty  to fellow attenders or the staff. We continue to feel  fine.

PS Chuffed that I got my first ever red (but two greenies though).

49 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

RRRRRECKLESSSSS TOARRRRRRIES rant on Wednesday then.

image.png.95f2de65cf485dc333407bcdf855cfa6.png

Imagine even having the audacity to try and defend the Scottish Government's position. How pathetic an individual would you have to be? The NHS here is the same as the one south of the border, which clearly isn't at risk of going beyond typical winter pressures - which is one thing - but people ending up dying in the street. Here, though, we are having to ration how we live our lives in the belief it will make hospitals slightly less busy. It is insanity, categorically.

24 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Imagine even having the audacity to try and defend the Scottish Government's position. How pathetic an individual would you have to be? The NHS here is the same as the one south of the border, which clearly isn't at risk of going beyond typical winter pressures - which is one thing - but people ending up dying in the street. Here, though, we are having to ration how we live our lives in the belief it will make hospitals slightly less busy. It is insanity, categorically.

Getting to the stage with the apparant contageousness and severity of Covid-19 where i'm not convinced that not mandating NHS staff who are physically well enough to work to isolate (i.e. ran as it was every year prior to March 2020) would have a worse outcome on all cause mortality etc in 2022 than the current rules in place will produce.

Which, surely, makes "protect the NHS" a moot point.

Edited by Todd_is_God

33 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I wonder if they will get more backlash this week than last week''s announcement. 

57 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So the vast majroity of people who want a night out will now likely be heading down south for the foreseeable future until these restrictions are in the bin again. 

The "vast majority"?

Don't be daft.  The vast majority will stay put until things change here, while perhaps feeling a bit disgruntled.

A very small proportion may head to England on the odd occasion.