Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Well, the fiancees family has had a Covid outbreak linked to Christmas lunch.

Guess where the infection has been traced back too?

The pub? No they don’t drink
The football? Oh no they hate the sport
The theatre? Not been in years
A restaurant? No we’re avoiding them just now
A supermarket? No they get it delivered

It was picked up at a church event on Christmas Eve. The same churches that have absolutely no restrictions.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Of course not.

I know perfectly well that there are costs to shutting down aspects of life.  I've already said as much.

I feel there would be less anger tbh if NS's decision making was properly held to account in Holyrood.

She's genuinely unaccountable for her actions atm, and no-one appears to dare challenge her because of political optics.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Well, the fiancees family has had a Covid outbreak linked to Christmas lunch.

Guess where the infection has been traced back too?

The pub? No they don’t drink
The football? Oh no they hate the sport
The theatre? Not been in years
A restaurant? No we’re avoiding them just now
A supermarket? No they get it delivered

It was picked up at a church event on Christmas Eve. The same churches that have absolutely no restrictions.

You should tweet that dentist fud that. Actually, he’ll probably block you.

35 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It is. It should also be seeing the end of Sturgeon, Drakeford and their lackies for imposing pointless, tyrannical measures on a whim.

game-of-thrones-got.gif

I imagine you share a lot of personality traits with the character in that GIF.

26 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Oh well I guess you would've objected to a little something called "World War Two" then? Gotcha.

I suspect @jacksgranda was meaning that Hitler would hardly want to travel over here for a pint from his Argentinian retirement cottage with all the current travel restrictions.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I suspect @jacksgranda was meaning that Hitler would hardly want to travel over here for a pint from his Argentinian retirement cottage with all the current travel restrictions.

No, I actually meant there wouldn't be much point in banning him as he's dead.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I imagine you share a lot of personality traits with the character in that GIF.

Tbf if I was in his position I probably would have the heads of the covid bedwetting community mounted on spikes by the city gates.

FWIW, I saw* through the window of a large bar in a certain Moray town earlier this evening.  Place was clearly rammed and bouncing, with owners evidently giving the SG and the whole table thing the two fingers.  Can't blame them. 

*seeing and looking are very different things

Edited by Hedgecutter

So basically the NHS Providers CEO is saying they can cope, though things will be stretched, as they are every single winter. The devolved governments think this merits completely curtailing civil liberties. It is by every possible measure an indefensible position to hold. Yet the brain donors on here carry on anyway, despite the fact they know it is utterly absurd and their 2019 selfs wouldn't believe what is happening.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

So basically the NHS Providers CEO is saying they can cope, though things will be stretched, as they are every single winter. The devolved governments think this merits completely curtailing civil liberties. It is by every possible measure an indefensible position to hold. Yet the brain donors on here carry on anyway, despite the fact they know it is utterly absurd and their 2019 selfs wouldn't believe what is happening.

Some refreshing honesty in that thread for a change.

Governments should follow his lead instead of jumping off the deep end.

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I’ve not always agreed with the rhetoric on this thread over the past 2 years but you are right here. 

Not only does it make total sense to wait and see what impact the new variant has on a fully vaccinated population before shutting everything down. 

But the SG have actually totally fucked over business without the ability to fund it and without doing anything substantive other than f**k over football crowds. 

A campaign of scaremongering to completely destroy demand for hospitality over Christmas and just hope that the uk government fund them swinging a larger axe over peoples lives. 

At this point, it is a deplorable episode for the SG, even if their intentions were sound. 

7 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Excellent to see the English government take the right approach with the best interests of the country at heart. Shame in Scotland we have a tyrant who’s too busy playing political football. 

And not even one dissenting voice from within her ranks. That is the real concern. Dictatorial at best.