Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There is one consequence of the decision - if you remove free LFTs you really can't have a self-isolation policy in place that requires the use of daily LFTs to continue working or to escape self-isolation through LFTs on days 6/7.

Possibly a move on self-isolation as well on the cards?

I'll believe this when I see it, but the press reports around November/December were hinting at April being the time that self-isolation would be ended. It seemed like this was basically a carrot being dangled whilst the stick was to be deployed with winter restrictions attached, which haven't materialised (in England at least). 

Maybe there remains some in the April date. There's 4 months for a u-turn on what thus far are unsubstantiated press reports. 

7 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Think they are something like $15 in the USA.

We were £17.50 each for commercial tests for travel requirements. 

$15 for a box of 7 tests would be approx £1.75 per test so not prohibitively expensive of anyone still feels the need to self test. 

9 minutes ago, ddfg said:

We were £17.50 each for commercial tests for travel requirements. 

$15 for a box of 7 tests would be approx £1.75 per test so not prohibitively expensive of anyone still feels the need to self test. 

Sorry I should have been clearer. I’ve read $15 per single test.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Most of the people who post on this thread are moon howlers who are not in the least bit representative of the wider public.

I know this is stating the obvious but sometimes it’s necessary.

^^^^ Checked with all 72 million members of the Scottish public

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Bingo 

Also apparently long covid is now an argument for independence 

Most of the Simps on here were probably desperate for ole Rona to further the cause for independence.

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Can’t wait for the day Nicola Sturgeon calls out the WHO for not caring enough, when they declare it’s all over.

This is what these bed wetting clowns don't realise: they set themselves up for the inevitable fall and climbdown every single time. This then forces an absolutely embarrassing pivot.

35 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Has a decision actually been taken here? I haven't read the article but from the headline It sounds to me like there is a plan being considered. 

I expect a full plan for living with Covid and what that means will go to parliament to be voted upon. I think the papers, the FM and some posters on here are reacting prematurely tbh. 

For 'living with covid', see: 'living with ~200 other respiratory viruses pre-March 2020'.

Job done.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Most of the people who post on this thread are moon howlers who are not in the least bit representative of the wider public.

In your opinion what characteristics qualify as a moonhowler?

To me a moonhowler re Covid would be someone with a totally irrational, groundless fear of a virus which in reality is now no worse than the cold. 

1 minute ago, ddfg said:

In your opinion what characteristics qualify as a moonhowler?

To me a moonhowler re Covid would be someone with a totally irrational, groundless fear of a virus which in reality is now no worse than the cold. 

^^^ moon howler.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The reason why the UK Government is binning off the restrictions is because the majority public mood is one that is finished with the pandemic, old man. This is entirely expected, as fear in this situation always inevitably subsides. Here's just some of Scotland's 'experts' stating that mass testing needs to end. Unlucky.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re maths are almost as bad as mine!

BTW, I thought you’d put me on ignore.

Your*

Edited by Elixir