Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's fascinating really. The Chinese simply will not learn.

That's a million back into lockdown in Wuhan.

Covid in China: Million in lockdown in Wuhan after four cases - BBC News

Still taking it seriously!

but, at some point, China will have to find a way to move forward.

If it doesn't, the economy will sink.

Most importantly, there is the Communist Party Congress to get through in autumn, and the country's low vaccination rates have to be improved, especially among older people.

It is the only way out.

In a nutshell.

China in authoritarian shocker...

The only real surprise in all of this is how easily the rest of the world followed suit.

Those early videos of people hitting the deck like Neymar in the penalty box look absolutely comical in retrospect.

If schools and nurseries should have stayed open then so should everything else. The premise of closure was after all to put a lid on community transmission - not to limit direct risk - and if they hadn't let 'but the weans!!!' drive a coach and horses through all other restrictions on a regular basis, then we would have had fewer excess deaths in 2020 and early 2021. Not least among older adults who worked in childcare settings who were the victims of the snippy parent brigade.

I've not been on this thread in yonks but was wondering who the people would vote as the most right about Covid on Pie and Bovril, after two years of disagreements and strong arguments on all sides. 

I don't want this to turn into a Main Players v Needy Boomers thing. I'm genuinely interested.

16 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

was wondering who the people would vote as the most right about Covid on Pie and Bovril

Anyone who doesn't say the good guys of P&B is, to be quite blunt, lying.

Covid was absolutely devastating to the credibilty of our "experts"

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

The doomers actually tried to convince people that finally, the shan BA.4/5 would be the one that brings a day of reckoning for us all. 🥴

It's as good as over here too.

I'm not sure what it is that makes our experts continue to make the exact same wrong prediction each and every time.

Not sure what is more shan tbh - the virus or our experts.

Screenshot_20220730-123808_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20220730-123830_Opera.jpg

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh that's an easy one.

They know nobody cares about case rates, deaths or hospitalisations anymore and so they've seamlessly moved on to making it all about long covid.

mAsS dIsAbLiNg EvEnT 🤪

Or that every reinfection rots away your organs and insides more and more. 🥴

Even if we have a wave in winter/in future that bounced back up to original Omicron mortality, it will still be well below that of a severe influenza season. Of course, the screeching will be truly back with a vengeance in such a scenario.

The bad faith actors on Twitter even have the audacity to claim that this latest 'wave' is the worst one yet because of hospital admission figures, i.e. being far worse than in 2020 or 2021. Naturally, the fact we've been up at about 80% for incidental admissions doesn't matter!

Covid isn't over!!111

On 30/07/2022 at 17:11, Elixir said:

mAsS dIsAbLiNg EvEnT 🤪

Or that every reinfection rots away your organs and insides more and more. 🥴

Even if we have a wave in winter/in future that bounced back up to original Omicron mortality, it will still be well below that of a severe influenza season. Of course, the screeching will be truly back with a vengeance in such a scenario.

The bad faith actors on Twitter even have the audacity to claim that this latest 'wave' is the worst one yet because of hospital admission figures, i.e. being far worse than in 2020 or 2021. Naturally, the fact we've been up at about 80% for incidental admissions doesn't matter!

Covid isn't over!!111

I miss uk_centrist on Twitter. 

This is every bit as mental as Roe v. Wade being overturned. What is wrong with that country? Yet these Democrat clowns will wonder why they have taken a pasting in the midterms.

As of Monday, France binned all Covid related entry requirements. c8bea40179111cf3f67f61965d817fe0.jpg
Tbh mainly through my lack of homework, I was a bit caught off guard by the Spanish airport I went through demanding my vaccine status.

Then I wondered why they are bothering, and surely they are going to have to bin this soon, as there's just no way folk are going to continue with boosters

Took them long enough...

Is that only Spain, the Netherlands, and Germany left in Europe requiring a shan test if you're not boosted, then? Or are Portugal also still being a bit weird?

I wonder if Germany will actually go through with requiring FFP2-type masks indoors between Oktoberfest and Easter. I'm sure that will go down well and be what really matters while folk are limited to two hours of leccy and gas use every day. yXAbrOQ.png

A country whose reputation has taken a serious blow over both Covid and Ukraine. Well done, guys!

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbh mainly through my lack of homework, I was a bit caught off guard by the Spanish airport I went through demanding my vaccine status.

Then I wondered why they are bothering, and surely they are going to have to bin this soon, as there's just no way folk are going to continue with boosters

I wasn't asked for mine when entering Spain. Several staff shouting 'random check, keep moving' at the queue of arrivals, but I wasn't picked out. I believe the regions of Spain often have slightly different approaches, so it may not be the same across the country.  

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the booster. As far as I can tell, no expiry date has been put on them yet, whereas many countries have 270 days for the second dose. Spain however does not have an expiry date for the second dose for those aged 12-17, who continue to qualify as fully vaccinated, presumably in accordance with their own vaccination programme.