Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 17/04/2023 at 11:52, ICTChris said:

A prominent anti-vaccine lunatic literally going for the 'jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams' here

Seems a bit over the top, how often do they get a yak on board? 

On 17/04/2023 at 12:36, scottsdad said:

Nice wee diversion here - when steel reaches 500 degrees C it's Young's Modulus is halved. The steel isn't melted but it isn't strong either. 

You're Young's Modulus. 

6 hours ago, FFCinthearea said:

A handy excuse for the workshy.    Bizarrely it seems to be a lot more common in the public sector too.   Who'd have thought it?

Wahay!  

A lovely example of the nasty right wing shit that gets a run in here.  

Todd's even given it a greenie.  Lovely stuff.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wahay!  

A lovely example of the nasty right wing shit that gets a run in here.  

Todd's even given it a greenie.  Lovely stuff.

^^^^^^^Works in the public sector.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/may/04/i-was-denied-my-right-voter-id-rules-a-barrier-for-some-in-england

Clinically vulnerable people reported difficulties due to rules that say voters must remove any face coverings so staff can check their identity, with at least one voter being turned away.

Andrea Barrett, a voter in Hampshire who is immunocompromised, said she was not allowed to vote at her polling station, despite providing photographic ID and a video of her putting on her mask, as she refused to remove her face covering inside.

“I was denied my right to vote in person,” said Andrea. “As an immunosuppressed person, I should have been able to vote safely with appropriate reasonable adjustments in place.”

Mark Oakley, co-leader of the patient campaign group Evusheld for the UK, representing immunocompromised people, said they had heard a number of people had to “dig their heels in and say they weren’t taking off their mask”.

If only there was some sort of rational change of behaviour that could have prevented this from happening in the first place. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If you think wearing a mask is keeping you alive, can't you just shut your mouth and hold your breath for two seconds while they check it's you?

Yes, but then how would they go away crying to the Guardian/Twitter and painting themselves as a victim? 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

As the WHO have declared the health emergency over I’ll be locking this thread at some point over the weekend. 

Take some time to reflect once you lock it. 

It's unlikely you'll ever achieve anything of the magnitude of this thread again as long as you live. 

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

As the WHO have declared the health emergency over I’ll be locking this thread at some point over the weekend. 

In that case I'd like to dedicate this song to the thread. Hopefully The Good Guys and The Simps can now set aside their differences. 

Change in Guidance on Face Masks for Patients and Visitors - May 2023 - NHSGGC

Noticed this just the other day, there seems to be a paragraph in the longer version ( not shown here) that states that staff should NOT wear masks in care setting- even if they want to, unless theres a specific reason to, with an emphasis on normality and familiarity or something like that - quite the turn around you have to say. 

Anyway the absolute heads gone from some on twitter really took the edge of this weeks fucking dreadful football results..