Coronavirus (COVID-19)

• 1 month later...
On 20/08/2023 at 16:13, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Guess who’s back? Back again.

Jason’s back. Tell a friend.

https://x.com/bbcscotlandnews/status/1693263395284209732?s=46&t=7AQMuyPPZxUjNZuAvtrUeQ

Better start cutting the bottoms off classroom doors and stop the sale of alcohol unless with a "substantial meal". 

What a fucking time 😂

2 hours ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/oct/06/people-may-suffer-long-colds-more-than-four-weeks-after-infection-study-shows

Long colds. 

IMG-20230128-WA0003.jpg.12ec376b1f52d424a598c035ac877a17.jpg

The Venn diagram involving this group of losers and the Mass Disabling Event!!!!!11!!!! brigade is a perfect circle. 

Is this not what used to be called post viral fatigue?

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Is this not what used to be called post viral fatigue?

No because that refers to recovery from a proper viral infection as opposed to having the sniffles for a few days. 

Spoiler

In all seriousness, it is a ridiculously low level, post-viral fatigue, but these malingerers can't accept that the immune system's excellent defence mechanisms might still leave you between 90 and 99.9% health at any period of time. They seem to take it as a personal outrage as opposed to... getting ill.

Edited by vikingTON

New Zealand election

Looks like Queen of Zero Covid, Jacinda Ahern's party are getting the electoral shoeing it deserves.

Can't think of any other small country where the leader created endless, utter nonsense restrictions to 'keep people safe!!!1111!!!', then slithered out the door with a book contract before the public delivered its crushing verdict. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Michael W said:

It's about time that public officials started being prosecuted for deliberately destroying records. 

I agree. They should also be using official methods of communication rather than whatsapp so that nothing can be deleted "accidentally".

9 hours ago, Rugster said:

I agree. They should also be using official methods of communication rather than whatsapp so that nothing can be deleted "accidentally".

I think 'Business WhatsApp' is fairly new so all these government departments will want to be seen as early adopters on their shiny new work iPhone 15s.  I agree, it seems quite tinpot to not use the traditional tried and tested thing called 'email'.  You can guarantee the galaxy brains who come up with these new ways of doing stuff (who all belong on the Work Colleagues thread on here) will defend using WhatsApp to the hilt as it gives the user 'colleague at their fingertips'. 

The slogan at their presentation to the bosses would be along the lines of 'Why fuck about with email when you can 'ping' 'co-workers' in an instant to run the fact and figures past them, send memes in group chats, and send pictures of your cock to the newly engaged 22 year old secretary'.

Edited by TheScarf

Using whatsapp to discuss government policy and then deleting it, would seem likely to have been used and deleted to purposely avoid. The SNP havent been very good note takers in the recent past. 

Surely whos hes discussing Covid policy within government at the time has kept theor whatsapps messages or have they deleted as well? Do we know who he is supposed to have been whatsapping with in the government?

Edited by ScotiaNostra

My bold prediction about the outcome of the Covid Inquiry, is that all the silly measures implemented such as selective social distancing, mask-wearing, one-way systems, the rule of 6 etc etc, which quite clearly didn't make the slightest bit of difference to infection rates or 'cases', didn't make the slightest bit of difference because we didn't do them enough.

Clownshoes himself was squirming on the radio the other day when asked about masks. During the pandemic he asserted that we will see a culture change in the West, with people continuing to mask up out of a greater awareness of infection control. In reality, the vast majority of people binned them as soon as they weren't mandatory, and it's now more widely understood that they made no difference anyway.

On the WhatsApp issue - shocker as narrative managers scramble to cover their tracks knowing their private conversations will expose them.

At the time WhatsApp was known to be encrypted end to end and I don't think records from it had ever been demanded for an enquiry, so they probably treated it like a private chat in a pub or whatever. From the limited stuff coming out of the London enquiry so far, like big wigs calling each other fuckwit and doctor death while live on a zoom conference with them, the transcripts could be well juicy if they ever get hold of them. 

38 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Public Enquiries are a monumental waste of money. Nothing constructive ever comes out of them and they are eye wateringly expensive. 

Never understood why people seem to clamour for them.

I have come to the conclusion that "ordinary punters" are primed by their daftie MPs to "demand" a public inquiry into XY or Z, despite not understanding that it will just take years and in all probability wont give them the closure they want.

Pissed myself laughing that the Edinburgh Trams inquiry (10 years and cost £13m) ended up saying "stuff could have been done quicker, cheaper and with less inconvenience for the citizens".

No shit sherlock, I could have telt ye that for £500.

51 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Public Enquiries are a monumental waste of money. Nothing constructive ever comes out of them and they are eye wateringly expensive. 

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Never understood why people seem to clamour for them.

I have come to the conclusion that "ordinary punters" are primed by their daftie MPs to "demand" a public inquiry into XY or Z, despite not understanding that it will just take years and in all probability wont give them the closure they want.

Peep Show | GIFGlobe | 'FULL INQUIRY. SAVILLE, NOT HUTTON.'