Coronavirus (COVID-19)

If we are going to take the viewpoint that WhatsApps should not be official communications, then use of the platform for any working matters should be forbidden. This is not a private matter: there is zero chance that the conversations between Sturgeon and Leitch were unrelated to work. 

If it's allowed, then it's official correspondence. The consequences of it not being official correspondence is a lack of transparency in decision making and government business being conducted on the fly, without the input of the wider government. And of course the ability of someone to simply delete something they don't want people to see because it will reflect badly on them. 

Government officials absolutely should be held to higher standards in this area as well.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The sad part is thousands was spent through the NHS caring for that fat oaf when he couldn't hack Covid.

Get the absolute c**t in front of a judge.

7572e048-8b8f-4f9c-857b-7ccb91f010a2.png

Most on here believe/believed this albeit worded badly was the correct approach.  Lockdown only for oldies.

Just now, superbigal said:

Most on here believe/believed this albeit worded badly was the correct approach.  Lockdown only for oldies.

In which case he should not have been treated by the NHS.  He should have been punted to the nearest private clinic and told to pay it from his own funds*

*borrowed from some other nefarious individual.

15 hours ago, strichener said:

How is your response relevant to the post you quoted? WhatsApp isn't getting attention, the deletion of official correspondence between public servants is getting attention.

The relevance is the limited scope of control that Scot Gov had, ergo messages. 

The latest WhatsApp headline smear and We just don't know conspiracy begins to fall down then.. Particularly after over 13,000 documents have already been made available. 

But you know that. 

1 hour ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Covid Inquiry Counsel reading out extracts from Cummings' communications with a range of parties. Don't think I have heard the word "c**t" on BBC News before.

Did they bleep out "fuckpig" on the news? That was a new one for me, though on the livestream.

41 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

The relevance is the limited scope of control that Scot Gov had, ergo messages. 

The latest WhatsApp headline smear and We just don't know conspiracy begins to fall down then.. Particularly after over 13,000 documents have already been made available. 

But you know that. 

Sorry but I still fail to see the relevance.  Even if the SG had limited ability to take action it has nothing to do with deleting or using WhatsApp for conducting government business.  I do know that.

As for those saying that the messages were not official business, any decision made by a health representative or government minister in the middle of a public health crises is 100% official correspondence.  It would be really interesting to see who paid for the devices that were being used.  At my work, anything transmitted or stored on company devices is categorised as work material.  

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Surely any form of communication relating to work between colleagues is "official correspondence" - the platform is irrelevant?

What about a conversation in the corridor?  A mobile phone call to someone?

Jesus Christ lets get away from this petty debate

if I am found to have deleted anything on whatsapp or my phone for that matter, my mrs will boot me in the balls and relegate me to the couch for a week. Because it looks awfy like there's something to hide

I am a nobody who works a regular job. she was at the time the most senior person in scotland and all the work related contacts held senior positions of considerable responsibility and were in the middle of something which they knew would later have been looked back on for a lessons learnt.

if they deleted anything it's because they don't want it to be seen by someone not in the original conversation

End of story