Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

anecdotally, I don't know a single person who hasn't 100% reverted to 2019 behavior save perhaps for testing when showing symptoms. pubs and restaurants are full, barely anyone can be seen wearing a mask. I don't believe those results are accurate

Even this boggles my mind for the most part. Unless you’re coming into contact with vulnerable people I don’t understand why you’d willingly pay for a test every time you feel a bit under the weather.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Even this boggles my mind for the most part. Unless you’re coming into contact with vulnerable people I don’t understand why you’d willingly pay for a test every time you feel a bit under the weather.

Specially since ultimately if you are concerned that how you feel could present a danger to vulnerable people, you probably ought to stay away from them whether it's covid or not. No use breathing a sigh of relief cos you get a negative covid test then give someone the flu. 

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Mrs B was on a course at work a few weeks back.  Felt grotty a couple of days later and her course whatsapp group lit up with people testing positive for Covid.  As she was due to go to London a couple of days later she got some tests off our neighbours (doctors, cheers NHS) so she could get out of the London trip after testing positive.

She also passed it to me and fucked my weekend as I’d arranged a sesh with mates.

If we hadn’t been 99% sure it was Covid and been given tests we’d never have tested.  We’d probably have stayed home without testing as it’s not just who you come into contact with, it’s who they then come into contact with.

Wouldn’t be paying for tests though.  Would likely just stay home.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/dec/14/long-flu-study-finds-flu-patients-at-higher-risk-of-longer-term-illness

The malingerer's charter continues to grow. 'Long flu'.

Spoiler

15e42293-2861-4045-9881-14078ee19e09_text.gif.dc7940ad44e08796c7c90a7b62753779.gif

'Discovering' that people whose immune system and health are so fucked that they get hospitalised by a bog-standard respiratory virus are, err, more likely to be hospitalised again in the future is not the great discovery these scientists think it is. It is also not a real condition. 

Next week, scientists 'discover' large amounts of ursine faeces in forested habitat.

Religious practice in the Vatican City yet to be determined, but there's public money ready to be wasted finding out! 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/20/womens-voices-barely-heard-boris-johnson-macho-no-10-covid-inquiry

The weirdo feminist civil servant Helen McNamara is back on a soapbox again. 

I think that the lack of women’s voices in decision-making is causing a substantive problem – both because of the specific perspective and issues for women that are not being given enough attention (domestic abuse and abortion were good – bad – examples in the early weeks) and because there is insufficient humanity in decision-making,” she wrote.

Erm yes, because women are of course uniquely capable of providing greater humanity in decision-making, as shown by the likes of Margaret Thatcher, Theresa May, Priti Patel and Stella Braverman. 

No wonder this clown was locked out of the room whenever possible. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Don't have a heart attack after having Covid 3 years ago, it could prove fatal.

BE A WEAR!

Screenshot_20240105_124255_Chrome.jpg

Derek Draper’s health problems stemmed from a very serious case of Covid. Thankfully, what happened to him is extremely rare and can happen due to most viral infections.

• 2 weeks later...