Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Turns out me and Leitch were on the same page this whole time. :lol:

Some effort from him to convince the pearl-clutchers that he was taking Covid very seriously, mind you.

Jason Leitch will always be an arrogant little p***k. 

Can see why these bellends were so resistant to going back to normal.

Utter charlatans.

Wild how many people still think they worked their arses off to "keep people safe" and that they were "amazing"

53 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

ae91def18c3f26e4e0ccba495c1dbc87.jpg

Doesn't look too bad

It was more the branch in the skull that I was concerned about rather than the illicit French Resistance adjacent waitress sex.

Yesterday proved yet again what a monumental waste of public money this (and any other) public inquiry is.

For our £110k yesterday, after a full day of evidence the headline story in every media outlet was Sturgeon called Johnson a "fucking clown". It was the headline story on just about every news bulletin when it came to reporting on the inquiry and even made some front pages. The issue here is that is a complete irrelevance to the inquiry, probably the least important words read in that sitting have become the "big take" masking all the pertinent disclosures that may (only very slight may) actually help an inquiry of this nature come to some meaningful conclusions. 

The likes of Sturgeon, Leitch and all the other civil servants and advisors will be loving days like yesterday as the incompetence actually disclosed yesterday within the "recovered" messages is totally masked by a completely irrelevant bit of tittle tattle.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Yesterday proved yet again what a monumental waste of public money this (and any other) public inquiry is.

For our £110k yesterday, after a full day of evidence the headline story in every media outlet was Sturgeon called Johnson a "fucking clown". It was the headline story on just about every news bulletin when it came to reporting on the inquiry and even made some front pages. The issue here is that is a complete irrelevance to the inquiry, probably the least important words read in that sitting have become the "big take" masking all the pertinent disclosures that may (only very slight may) actually help an inquiry of this nature come to some meaningful conclusions. 

The likes of Sturgeon, Leitch and all the other civil servants and advisors will be loving days like yesterday as the incompetence actually disclosed yesterday within the "recovered" messages is totally masked by a completely irrelevant bit of tittle tattle.

Hopefully it gets through to the morons who blindly vote that mob in just what a bunch of incompetent charlatans they are.

I've been feeling unwell for about a week. Being a brave soldier I've not moaned or been pathetic (other opinions may exist).  I didn't even occur to me to take a test to confirm what illness was making me ill. However, she abandoned me yesterday despite my obvious distress. To cheer myself up I sent for a Chinese takeaway. I was eating the spring rolls and actually thought about calling the takeaway to complain as they clearly hadn't seasoned them. I then tried the curry, it was weird, I could get the heat and texture, but the taste was vile, not absent, horrible.

Then the penny dropped.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've been feeling unwell for about a week. Being a brave soldier I've not moaned or been pathetic (other opinions may exist).  I didn't even occur to me to take a test to confirm what illness was making me ill. However, she abandoned me yesterday despite my obvious distress. To cheer myself up I sent for a Chinese takeaway. I was eating the spring rolls and actually thought about calling the takeaway to complain as they clearly hadn't seasoned them. I then tried the curry, it was weird, I could get the best and texture, but the taste was vile, not absent, horrible.

Then the penny dropped.

I'm assuming a decent purvey?

Looks like we probably have our first Inquiry casualty. 

Ken Thomson, the Civil Servant that was shown in Whatsapps encouraging messages to be deleted, has resigned as the Chairman of ICAS. Apparently, this is for "personal reasons". He'd been in the job a month. 

Maybe I'm being unfair to him, but it seems too much of a coincidence. The deletion of records is incompatible with membership of a professional body like ICAS, so how can a man that advocated politicians did such a thing expect to lead that body? It would be a terrible look for ICAS. Feels like this is very much a face-saving exercise for both parties. 

Meanwhile, a number of politicians that deleted messages, probably destroying records in the process, just keep going on as if nothing happened. 

Edited by Michael W

Article (paywalled) about people who report missing lockdown. Basically some people enjoyed not having to commute and being able to spend time on their hobbies and with their family.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Article (paywalled) about people who report missing lockdown. Basically some people enjoyed not having to commute and being able to spend time on their hobbies and with their family.

I agree, except for the family bit and I don't really have any hobbies. I enjoyed lockdown all the same.

• 1 month later...