Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, philpy said:

People from 2 different households away to asda in the same car. Other people bringing their partners, again, From other households, back to their houses. Family gatherings in gardens. All these c***s need a good fucking slap. emoji35.png

Have you ever thought about owning a crossbow?

14 minutes ago, philpy said:

People from 2 different households away to asda in the same car. Other people bringing their partners, again, From other households, back to their houses. Family gatherings in gardens. All these c***s need a good fucking slap. emoji35.png

I hope you are really unlucky with your choice of neighbours (no offence).  It seems most folk are respecting the appeal to be sensible this weekend.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Genuine question - why?

I can understand people being sceptical about the Chinese Government's version of events, but why were you dismissive of Italy?

Genuine answer.

Having now checked exactly what was happening exactly 5 weeks ago, i was actually starting to take it a bit seriously but it still seemed really remote.

For context, i work in Cheltenham and 5 weeks ago the festival was still going ahead next week. 

6 weeks ago i was definitely in the "won't be a problem" camp.  6 weeks ago Italy had a cumulative 41 dead, reported as being old and sick. Not obviously worse than a new strain of flu. 

We've had scares before with swine flu, bird flu, SARS and MERS and they had little impact here. It didn't feel any different from that.  

I never doubted the figures from Italy, but I never particularly took an interest in them. It wouldn't happen here. 

Then they cancelled the football, and that got my attention. 

I hope you are really unlucky with your choice of neighbours (no offence).  It seems most folk are respecting the appeal to be sensible this weekend.
The thing is, our next door neighbours are both in their late 60's, and are the kindest people you could ever meet. But they seem to think its OK to have people from other households in their house as long as they kept 2 metres away, which we all know isn't how it works. Our front gardens aren't very large and they had 8 folk, including them out in theirs today.

2 minutes ago, philpy said:
10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The thing is, our next door neighbours are both in their late 60's, and are the kindest people you could ever meet. But they seem to think its OK to have people from other households in their house as long as they kept 2 metres away, which we all know isn't how it works. Our front gardens aren't very large and they had 8 folk, including them out in theirs today.

Kind old people can be as thick as pigshit.

Is @Marshmallo right in the head?  This type of random red dotting must be the sign of a serious deficiency.*

* don’t like making light of mental health issues but this is some strange behaviour for a grown man.

52 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Just watched BBC Scotland weather. Kauser doing a power of shifts but where us the lovely Judith, has she succumbed, is she isolating. I'm concerned !

Unable to social distance due to massive chebs.

Kind old people can be as thick as pigshit.

Is [mention=20881]Marshmallo[/mention] right in the head?  This type of random red dotting must be the sign of a serious deficiency.*
* don’t like making light of mental health issues but this is some strange behaviour for a grown man.
You're kidding me?? I'm on the app so can't see who's dotting who. Don't worry, he'll be along to accuse me of making this all up next....

I hear a lot of people talking about antibodies and immunity, it’s also worth bearing in mind that many SARS victims had long lasting and in some cases permanent health damage from the virus. This could be another reason to avoid the ‘let everyone catch it’ approach.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is @Marshmallo right in the head?  This type of random red dotting must be the sign of a serious deficiency.*

You're diagnosing me with mental health issues or a mental deficiency because I clicked a coloured circle on a football forum?

4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Dead or in hiding, either way he's disappeared off the scene again while the going is at its toughest....almost certainly to miraculously appear again in a few weeks when restrictions are beginning to be lifted.

The UK is well on the way to having the worst infection and death rates in Europe, and the scrutiny of the government is non-existent (the suspicious would say it's been deliberately planned this way).

The PM is missing in action, parliament isn't sitting, and 80% of the media are more concerned with the normal right wing tropes of Brexit, hating the EU, criticising the Labour party and having a dig at Liberals, rather than doing what they should be doing......which is asking why the f**k the UK's government was so lazy, lax and incompetent by not taking strict, serious measures more than 4 weeks ago. 

Other countries in Europe who acted decisively are beginning to move out of lockdown, while the pandemic in the UK is yet to peak.....all due to the mumbleclown in Number 10 (or Chequers, or the Caribbean, or wherever he is), and his unwillingness to handle this head on over a month ago. 

Gave themselves a nice wee £10k bonus as well.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You're diagnosing me with mental health issues or a mental deficiency because I clicked a coloured circle on a football forum?

It’s not rational behaviour to go around red dotting all and sundry.  Maybe you don’t recognise that.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

It’s not rational behaviour to go around red dotting all and sundry.  Maybe you don’t recognise that.

They're coloured circles on a football forum. Are you upset about me clicking a red circle on a football forum?

Just now, Marshmallo said:

They're coloured circles on a football forum. Are you upset about me clicking a red circle on a football forum?

Oh I get it, you’re a lonely tosser who craves attention and the only way you can do it is to engage people on a football forum through cuntish behaviour.  Reminds me of another equally juvenile poster on here.

I won’t give you the attention you seek anymore.

Feel free to red dot this loser.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Oh I get it, you’re a lonely tosser who craves attention and the only way you can do it is to engage people on a football forum through cuntish behaviour.  Reminds me of another equally juvenile poster on here.

I won’t give you the attention you seek anymore.

Feel free to red dot this loser.

You have accused me of being mentally deficient, "cuntish", "juvenile", a "lonely tosser" and a "loser".

Enjoy your "red dot", baby!

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

This is going to become an enormous story in years to come, think RBS GRG times a thousand.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/12/applicants-uk-coronavirus-business-loan-cbils

No, it won't be. 

The vast majority of the media are ideologically in cahoots with the Tories. We're past the point of reasonable, balanced reporting, and criticism of the Tories is seen as criticism of the twisted ideologies that these newspapers support. 

None of this will ever be mentioned outside The Guardian bubble. 

34 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You have accused me of being mentally deficient, "cuntish", "juvenile", a "lonely tosser" and a "loser".

Enjoy your "red dot", baby!

I could probably add a few more truths to that list tbf Marshy. 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

If people don't have a car the once a week shop would be a nightmare,  maybe they're just being good samaritans and helping out.

On 22 January 2020 at 06:29, SlipperyP said:

The makers of the wee face mask shares when up 10% in China yesterday (capped limit).

As for the Thailand, we have had 4 cases. 3 Chinese tourist and 1 Thai been to the Wuhan area of China.

Why is this even news worthy?

Wonder what became of that obscure story.