Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is that based in some kind of insider info?

I think there will be loads of deals like this to get around the quarantine rules, probably with fairly strict distancing protocols.

image.thumb.png.900a53fc019818e0c70f0d43acc63959.png

Edited by welshbairn

Quarantine system being put about by Shapps at the weekend was a 14 day self isolation scheme for UK entrants / returnees. Seemed like another hair brained scheme

I think there will be loads of deals like this to get around the quarantine rules, probably with fairly strict distancing protocols.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

That is incredibly irresponsible. 

I know it's Australia, which isn't having much of a problemwith the virus, but it's encouraging unnecessary travel that is just going to put others at risk for no reason. 

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Well this is the finest piece of propaganda a deluded think tank could ever come up with.

Our Finest Hours: BBC under fire for 'jingoistic' programme

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18428361.finest-hours-bbc-fire-jingoistic-programme/

At the beginning of the programme, the first in a new series, Sophie Raworth tells viewers: “Today how the outbreak of Covid-19 has revived our nation’s war time spirit.

“And once again we can be proud to be British.”

Throughout the programme archive footage of Second World War efforts like rationing, gas mask guidance and evacuations are shown and then are immediately followed by comparisons to the current UK Government’s approach to the coronavirus outbreak.

In one clip, Raworth says: “Just as in World War Two the Government has had no choice but to take tough action. Huge parts of Britain have been told to cut down and cease trading,” followed by a clip of Boris Johnson announcing closures. In another, Second World War factory workers are shown producing equipment for the war effort. Raworth says: “As in World War Two, it’s vital to keep essential services going to protect workers and to try to keep the country afloat financially.” This is followed by Clip of Johnson: saying: “We must act like any wartime government and do whatever it takes to support our economy.”

PST046.thumb.jpg.90715a601b8dfb9505dd5cddfa41d45d.jpg

Which two lucky clubs are going to become "senior"?
I would presume it would be Kelty and Brora, who "won" the lowland and highland leagues, and in normal circumstances would have played each other with the winner facing Brechin.

Just now, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:
Which two lucky clubs are going to become "senior"?

I would presume it would be Kelty and Brora, who "won" the lowland and highland leagues, and in normal circumstances would have played each other with the winner facing Brechin.

Those two are already senior, so it must be two other clubs.

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Worst death toll in europe. No hiding from that it's a fact. Other countries likely to be under reporting slightly but not by much.

We'll not be able to under reporting by others as a get out. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think it was suggested when mild sufferers did not have antibodies in their blood.

Whether that is still the case or whether it was that early antibody tests were not very accurate i don't know. Haven't really heard much about antibody testing recently.

Pretty sure I read somewhere today that swiss/Scottish researchers have developed an antibody test

The thing is Britain was pretty shit in WW2 up until 1944 barring the odd success in North Africa which Hitler didn't really care about anyway.

Colonel Tom was part of the Dunkirk evacuation. It was miraculous we got so many bodies back over too Blighty and must have been traumatic for those on the beach.

My mate's dad was there as well but volunteered to go to a company as he was still a teenager and had no depebdents, fighting the rearguard to try and stall the Germans as much as possible. (The Germans backed off in general). He was in a machine gun team and was lucky to be taken alive, as machine gunners were liable to get shot rather than taken prisoner. Spent 5 years in a POW camp on the polish/German border.

These politicians spouting this jingoism are reading off the back of a Commando comic.

19 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
20 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Those two are already senior, so it must be two other clubs.

Being pedantic I know, but it's the press who don't seem to realise that the feeder leagues are senior, not me.

I never said it was you, it's ridiculous that journalists don't understand the set up.

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

The thing is Britain was pretty shit in WW2 up until 1944 barring the odd success in North Africa which Hitler didn't really care about anyway.

Colonel Tom was part of the Dunkirk evacuation. It was miraculous we got so many bodies back over too Blighty and must have been traumatic for those on the beach.

My mate's dad was there as well but volunteered to go to a company as he was still a teenager and had no depebdents, fighting the rearguard to try and stall the Germans as much as possible. (The Germans backed off in general). He was in a machine gun team and was lucky to be taken alive, as machine gunners were liable to get shot rather than taken prisoner. Spent 5 years in a POW camp on the polish/German border.

These politicians spouting this jingoism are reading off the back of a Commando comic.

As someone who was killed three times (1941, 1943 and 1944) I take exception to the revisionism.

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

My 93 year old mother watched the first 5 minutes of Britain's Greatest Generation, and basically said "what's this shite, people did what they were told, they had no choice, turn it over."

15 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Italy's not in North Africa. And 1943 is not 1944.

We'll not be able to under reporting by others as a get out. 
I'm not sure if deaths in other countries reflect deaths outside hospitals?
Considering Italy was overwhelmed and couldn't even treat patients at one stage what does that say about the UK?
It must be very wide spread. Italy was getting reported on as a crisis and an anomaly. We aren't overwhelmed and there has been no sense of panic on the news.
Seems very odd.