Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

These 3 posts are examples of people underplaying the serious consequences of extended lockdown.

For some people this is a piece of piss but there are plenty of folk who are really struggling with this - and that needs to be fully recognised, and factored into any discussions.

And that's the social consequences, before we get on to the economic consequences for those at the bottom of society.

Now I'm not denying that Boris and his pals have a wholly different agenda - but that doesn't mean to say their solution is wrong.

My post was in response to someone claiming they were under house arrest. 

20 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's his daughters - WhiteRoseKillie - Rosette, get it? Fairly obvious, I would have thought.

You got it. Doesn't take a lot of imagination - bu then, Oaky needs all his imagination to keep track of his business, employment history and multiple degrees.

Bless.

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Gandhi and Hitler didn’t have any daughters so we’ll never know if they would’ve shagged them.

Gandhi was fond of sleeping naked with his teenage grand nieces. Haven't got any dirt on Adolf though.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Nothing to disagree with here but get gyms and barbers open ASAP!

Gyms yes, if only to get the explosion of joggers and fucking born-again cyclists back indoors.

Barbers I'm not fussed about, having gone back to buzzing mine off. Saying that, I've had three haircuts-worth use out of them, so I might go back to what Rosette No. 2 calls a "civilised" barnet.

Thursday we get our roadmap (I imagine the significance of this is Wednesday is when we get the weekly NRS numbers).
Restrictions to ease begin Mon 28th May
28 May is a week on Thursday btw.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Not any notion - just the blatantly obvious attempt to get the serfs back to work while minimising their activities outside of their economic contribution. It's frankly disgraceful, and the fact that the majority of the media-consuming public are allowing it to happen with no comment other than "when can we..." fills me with despair.

Can anybody tell me why it is considered safe for me to work five days a week in a place where there are over seven hundred prisoners (a demographic notoriously not in tune with Government Guidelines, or Laws as the rest of us call them) and almost two hundred staff who, while I value and appreciate them, I cannot vouch for their personal hygiene habits or adherence to Guidelines, and yet;

I am not allowed to see (not touch, simply be in the same garden/open space as) my children and grandchildren.

That fucking buffoon in Downing Street talks about Common Sense. So explain that one through that filter. OR

Explain how Mrs WRK will, this week, get to see Rosette No. 1 and her two kids, Rosette No. 2 and her daughter, and both of her parents - all of these meetings taking place IN THE AFOREMENTIONED RELATIVES' HOMES, without breaking the Guidelines, yet I cannot.

Common Sense, my arse.

I would totally agree that it's mental to think it's ok for people to be squeezing on the tube together but it's not ok for them to see their families in much safer conditions. They've clearly got things the wrong way round. Safe social activities should be the first things we can do. 

6 minutes ago, Markka said:
16 minutes ago, Steven W said:
Thursday we get our roadmap (I imagine the significance of this is Wednesday is when we get the weekly NRS numbers).
Restrictions to ease begin Mon 28th May

28 May is a week on Thursday btw.

My mistake.

BBC website says 28th which is a Thursday. Does seem an odd day to start, but perhaps again that is tied in with the weekly NRS numbers? Also gives employers and employees a few days to get ready.

Edited by Steven W

55 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, I've been holding off getting the clippers out these past 8 weeks. If Sturgeon comes out and says barbers are another couple of weeks away, well and good. If it's another month or two away.... 

I’m hoping the barbers open again soon, but realistically they’re not going to be able to observe the 2 metre social distancing. Unless certain sectors like barbers/hairdressers will be except from that rule 

I’m hoping the barbers open again soon, but realistically they’re not going to be able to observe the 2 metre social distancing. Unless certain sectors like barbers/hairdressers will be except from that rule 

My cousin in Australia says that barbers and hairdressers have been open throughout there.

A big Ayrshire yearly event has been cancelled. Illuminight happens late Oct until mid Nov. It’s a walk through Dean Park for a light show. It’s very easy to maintain a 2metre distance from “strangers”. I find it odd they’ve cancelled it already when it’s 5 months away and covid numbers and deaths are falling. It seems so many people just want to write off 2020 and have nothing happening until 2021 🙄

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As long as the both the hairdresser & the customer wear masks & gloves, there shouldn't be a problem.

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My cousin in Australia says that barbers and hairdressers have been open throughout there.

Australia has had 7k covid cases and less deaths than Inverclyde so it's understandable why they can remain open and ours can't. Also those coiffured mullets are too hard to look after yerself.