Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, bendan said:

Yeah, the football authorities have shat the bed. It's one thing to suspend international competitions, and big crowds in general for the strain on services, but just stopping all football is daft.

Think it's more to do with players having/getting it. Players in England already have it and it's quite possible that players up here will have it/get it too, which make playing games/training a bit unfeasible.  If large chunks of squads are out with it then you can't really carry competitions on as normal. 

4 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Think it's more to do with players having/getting it. Players in England already have it and it's quite possible that players up here will have it/get it too, which make playing games/training a bit unfeasible.  If large chunks of squads are out with it then you can't really carry competitions on as normal. 

True, but why not do it according to the actual situation at the time? We need to get the balance right between caution and continuing life, seeing as we're past the point where we can contain it.

8 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

This may sound stupid but what do I do with my dog if I go into self isolation/the country goes into lockdown. His little life revolves around walks and playing, if I’m not able to do that I don’t know what I’ll do with him.

180 ,160 if fan assisted for 2 or 3hours. Bit of rosemary or thyme. Serve with some nice roased potatoes.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

What the f**k are you talking about?

Both you and Ludo seem unexpectedly keen to instantly forgive DAFC for pages of reprehensibly inconsiderate Tory bile. Some faux self-pitying so called apology doesn't suddenly render him an all around good guy. 

The approach just isn't consistent with the general outside view of Dundee fans, even if the big-man swearing is.

7 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

This may sound stupid but what do I do with my dog if I go into self isolation/the country goes into lockdown. His little life revolves around walks and playing, if I’m not able to do that I don’t know what I’ll do with him.

My childhood also revolved around walks and playing, but my mum put me to use on rainy days in by making me do the dishes and dust / vacuum the house. 

So... I'd tell him it was about time he starts to pull his weight around the place instead of using it as a doss-house.

Both you and Ludo seem unexpectedly keen to instantly forgive DAFC for pages of reprehensibly inconsiderate Tory bile. Some faux self-pitying so called apology doesn't suddenly render him an all around good guy. 
The approach just isn't consistent with the general outside view of Dundee fans, even if the big-man swearing is.

I didn’t say he was a good guy, I know absolutely nothing about him, but an apology should be the end of it. No need to constantly have constant digs every time he makes a post after the fact. If you don’t like him, block him. You seem incessant on having an argument. My post has absolutely nothing to do with politics or the fact that I’m a Dundee fan. You should probably try to chill out and let go of some of that hate that is clearly bubbling away inside you.

You're the one who started the unnecessary interjections. Hypocrite

_____

Is the Scotland v Wales rugby tomorrow the last big event standing? If they don't cancel it soon it'll almost be too late. I suppose they might not if the reason for cancelling the football is not the crowds but rather than competitive fairness.

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

From a mental health perspective it will be quite interesting, most of us are still expected to run daily risks and turn up for work in crowded City Centre offices etc, but we are having most of our leisure and pleasure pursuits taken away from us, ranging from Holidays to Sport to Concerts, Cinema, Theatre, Clubbing and even Gambling.

All work and no play and all that ???

Desperate times certainly and I'm sure this will have lasting effects in many ways on many peoples lives.

Yeah if you can’t cope without leisure pursuits for a few weeks you're definitely mental. 

22 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Depending upon how bad things get you might have to end up eating him.  Problem solved.

2 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Everyone just needs to get into footy manager imo.

Shame the current one's shite

CM 01/02 FTW

53 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

From a mental health perspective it will be quite interesting, most of us are still expected to run daily risks and turn up for work in crowded City Centre offices etc, but we are having most of our leisure and pleasure pursuits taken away from us, ranging from Holidays to Sport to Concerts, Cinema, Theatre, Clubbing and even Gambling.

All work and no play and all that ???

Desperate times certainly and I'm sure this will have lasting effects in many ways on many peoples lives.

I think if this had happened a year ago I'd have had a great time. I'd have spent the time getting hammered at home with the missus and giving her lots of disappointing sex. She's now 37 weeks pregnant and I'm off the bevvy to ensure I can drive when the wee man decides to show up, so that won't happen. The only bright side is I've had plenty of recent practice at doing absolutely f**k all most of the time.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Now were fucking talking.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

My mate told me she's working as a nurse

1tcuwekspiu31.png

45 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Get in touch with  this lady. I'm sure she'll let your dog play with her puppies.

I think if this had happened a year ago I'd have had a great time. I'd have spent the time getting hammered at home with the missus and giving her lots of disappointing sex. She's now 37 weeks pregnant and I'm off the bevvy to ensure I can drive when the wee man decides to show up, so that won't happen. The only bright side is I've had plenty of recent practice at doing absolutely f**k all most of the time.

This is just the beginning mate. RIP. Ross’s social life.