Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Went out for another walk as the weather is great. The banner hanging outside says “Happy 80th Birthday”.

The family have all chipped in and got you death as a gift.

If somebody wants to celebrate with their family after nine fucking weeks of sitting in the house then they have every right to make that informed choice for themselves. I'm sure that she'll be duly gratified to know that there's some curtain-twitching weirdo loitering about the street outside judging her though.

https://www.facebook.com/NicolaSturgeonSNP/posts/3857132790995275

Needless to say that the comments thread for the FM's 'down with this sort of thing' placard messages are full of like-minded sadacts, who seem to think that there's a competition running to state just how well they've been sticking to the rules, philpying as many others as possible for having the temerity to go anywhere near where they live and wrapping it all in the most transparent veneer of faux-concern for another outbreak. It's really all about trying to put themselves on a moral pedestal over others though.

Edited by vikingTON

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

If somebody wants to celebrate with their family after nine fucking weeks of sitting in the house then they have every right to make that informed choice for themselves. I'm sure that she'll be duly gratified to know that there's some curtain-twitching weirdo loitering about the street outside judging her though.

https://www.facebook.com/NicolaSturgeonSNP/posts/3857132790995275

Needless to say that the comments thread for the FM's 'down with this sort of thing' placard messages are full of like-minded sadacts, who seem to think that there's a competition running to state just how well they've been sticking to the rules, philpying as many others as possible for having the temerity to go anywhere near where they live and wrapping it all in the most transparent veneer of faux-concern for another outbreak. It's really all about trying to put themselves on a moral pedestal over others though.

It's ok officer, virginton said it's ok to have a party and he's awfy clever so on your way.

Went out to the shops today. Social distancing seems to be over, around these parts anyway. Even the supermarket staff, who've been well PPE'd up and giving everyone a wide berth until now, didn't seem to be giving a f**k. Oh well, here's hoping I'm an asymptomatic carrier.

By the way, had a bunch of odd dreams last night. Was one of them that the Tories want social distancing reduced to 1.5m to help the economy, or was that a real headline I saw? Must have been a dream, surely.

At this stage it's surely now about applying common sense.

Of course arseholes deserve scorn and ridicule for kicking the arse out of it. Equally, let's not get all Helen Lovejoy about your neighbours having a couple of folk round for a quiet BBQ.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Of course arseholes deserve scorn and ridicule for kicking the arse out of it. Equally, let's not get all Helen Lovejoy about your neighbours having a couple of folk round for a quiet BBQ.

Exactly this

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Agreed. If anyone is doing the above then it’s especially ridiculous as it’s within the rules.

The weather has played a factor, I think. But at least people are mostly outside, and with a lot of other countries reducing the distances, there hopefully wont be a significant increase in cases. There will always be idiots who act as they want, but I'd expect they've been doing it all along anyway.

The doom merchants annoy me just as much as those who carry on without giving a f**k. They usually try to make themselves out to be the victims, citing some faux-anxiety, and acting like everyone who bent the rules a little bit is some sort of murderer.

I'd like to think the majority are being sensible, though. Most will bend the rules at some point, but as long as we're aren't taking the piss en-mass, and using common sense with keeping the distance and washing hand the hopefully it wont be a disaster.

Will be very interesting to see the case numbers over the next couple of weeks as it may give a clearer indication of the real infection rate in the population and the conditions in which the virus spreads.

I know a lassie who works in a care home and regularly posts pics of her and her colleagues at work with all the PPE on and then at night posts selfies of her and her kids round at her mates house. 

This has been throughout the whole lockdown I might add. NHS and care workers are some of the worse offenders I’ve found. 
Before I forget, she’s a widnt.
You know the rules, pics etc...

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I genuinely feel sorry for people like this.

The media have a lot to answer for tbh. These people will be mentally scarred long after the virus has disappeared.

20200531_195152.jpg

Absolute zoomers. I’m sure they didnt mind going out before when they could have been run over by a bus, drunk driver etc. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Absolute zoomers. I’m sure they didnt mind going out before when they could have been run over by a bus, drunk driver etc. 

I don't think calling them zoomers is fair.

They are guilty of nothing more than getting caught up in a media frenzy

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't think calling them zoomers is fair.

They are guilty of nothing more than getting caught up in a media frenzy

If they’re that blinded by media hysteria that they don’t think they’ll ever feel safe outside again, I’d say they’re a zoomer. Anyone who can’t think outside of what the media is spoon feeding them needs a good shake at least 

The internet didn’t exist in 2001 but I remember people saying that they’d never get on a plane again after September 11th. In fact, I remember people saying that they would never buy a tabloid newspaper again after Diana died.

Of course, you are much more likely to die of Covid than be killed by a terrorist attack on a plane or, er, be Princess Diana. But still.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

By the way, had a bunch of odd dreams last night. Was one of them that the Tories want social distancing reduced to 1.5m to help the economy, or was that a real headline I saw? Must have been a dream, surely.

I dreamt that Everest had teleported to the Ochil Hills last week and it looked absolutely terrifying

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

If they’re that blinded by media hysteria that they don’t think they’ll ever feel safe outside again, I’d say they’re a zoomer. Anyone who can’t think outside of what the media is spoon feeding them needs a good shake at least 

Anyone who's crumbling after a day in the house is a zoomer. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The beach here was busy today and so was the kiosk. People were socially distancing though. I noticed the car parks and roads were busier too. It was nice to see actually, rather than the eerily quiet ominous doom that we had for months 

I preferred the quiet.

50 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The internet didn’t exist in 2001 but I remember people saying that they’d never get on a plane again after September 11th. In fact, I remember people saying that they would never buy a tabloid newspaper again after Diana died.

Of course, you are much more likely to die of Covid than be killed by a terrorist attack on a plane or, er, be Princess Diana. But still.

Um...yes it did.

My mistake, I was either going to write “social media didn’t exist in 2001” or “the Internet was in its infancy in 2001” but I merged the two and did a reverse Al Gore, uninventing the Internet.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I remember people saying that they’d never get on a plane again after September 11th. In fact, I remember people saying that they would never buy a tabloid newspaper again after Diana died.

Are you sure that they did?