Coronavirus (COVID-19)

34 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's just a shame people that people coming up with with huge holes in the plan like - what if someone needs a pish - aren't advising the govt.

They will have calculated their response with 100% total compliance in mind.

Not sure what you are getting at here...

The only point I was going for really is applying unrealistic conditions leads people further down the path of making their own rules. It's not ideal to put stuff like that in and for me there would be much more value in saying if you really need to go in for a pish, heres how to do it safely. 

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Not a problem for my 4 year old nephew. He just got up, whipped it out and pished on my grass.

I'd dae the same and I'm 77

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you can pick up your dog's poo with a bag, you can do it for a BBQ guest.

My thoughts exactly!

Thank fcuk I bide in a wee flat two flights up.

Edited by Wee Willie

46 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Oh, I'm sure you could be if you try a little harder.

I tend to find that, "I read an article once..." is roughly equivalent to a PhD, in internet cred.

Let’s play hang the man:

Oa_so_t.

Interesting change in language on the news on BBC radio this morning, early morning reports were of "millions of children" returning to school, by late morning it has changed to "hundreds of thousands of children".

Given that it is only selected years I would hazard a guess that the "millions" was wrong anyway, but I wonder if the change reflects the amount of kids who have actually turned up, with reports that plenty of parents are keeping their kids at home.

Guest JTS98
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

May or may not be true, but I'd always be wary of someone making an out-of-step with the general narrative claim who uses emotive phrases like 'terrorize the country'.

Language choice can be revealing, and reaching for attention-grabbing phrases like that rather than more sober fact-based language is often a sign of an attention seeker. Makes him a bit less credible, for me.

May or may not be true, but I'd always be wary of someone making an out-of-step with the general narrative claim who uses emotive phrases like 'terrorize the country'.
Language choice can be revealing, and reaching for attention-grabbing phrases like that rather than more sober fact-based language is often a sign of an attention seeker. Makes him a bit less credible, for me.
I was pretty chuffed with what I was reading until I seen that too. Definitely seeded some doubt about the guy for me too

9 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Maybe it doesn't translate well, Italians can get a bit exuberant with their language sometimes. Early days but it's refreshing to hear something hopeful for a change, especially from the second doctor.

19 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

He also looks like Uncle Fester, just with hair...

profzangrillo.png

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe it doesn't translate well, Italians can get a bit exuberant with their language sometimes. Early days but it's refreshing to hear something hopeful for a change, especially from the second doctor.

I'm hopeful that is the case.

Whilst I wouldn't necessarily describe the press here as 'terrorising' the country, it would be a quite incredible backtrack from some of the claims published early on if it does indeed disappear with a whimper mere months later.

I refer back to the comment I posted from facebook last night. It would be awful if the long lasting effects on a (relatively large) section of the public are that they don't feel safe to leave their house, and live in constant fear of it returning because some people went to a beach after being told they could do so.

That must genuinely be a horrible experience for those people.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Deaths +1

Infections +18

7 day averages now 13 & 38 respectively.

NS threatening people with re-introducing lockdown measures on the back of those figures is a tone I don't like tbh. Reeks of being raging that the current restrictions might be shown to be unnecessarilly tight.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Deaths +1
Infections +18
NS threatening people with re-introducing lockdown measures on the back of those figures is a tone I don't like tbh. 

It’s Monday, definite lag in reporting. That said, encouraging figures. Maybe the fact that we’ve taken longer to relax (the lax) lockdown is contributing to these numbers?

Just now, Brother Blades said:

It’s Monday, definite lag in reporting. That said, encouraging figures. Maybe the fact that we’ve taken longer to relax (the lax) lockdown is contributing to these numbers?

Maybe. Maybe not.

There is absolutely no need for her to speak like people are naughty children.

Deaths +1
Infections +18
NS threatening people with re-introducing lockdown measures on the back of those figures is a tone I don't like tbh. Reeks of being raging that the current restrictions might be shown to be unnecessarilly tight.
I personally think that any attempt to reintroduce stricter measures will be met with absolute carnage. The balance of adjusting restrictions v virus spread is one important balance. But the balance of adjusting restrictions v public willingness to comply is another, and my opinion is that any attempt to go backwards will see the whole lot come tumbling down. I think NS has performed well and enjoyed pretty high compliance. I hope that continues.