Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Honest mistake guv'ner

Simple mistake, I’m sure it happens all the time.  Probably old folk using up valuable publicly funded resources.

No big deal.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Simple mistake, I’m sure it happens all the time.  Probably old folk using up valuable publicly funded resources.

No big deal.

I wonder what day was so bad they decided to make the honest mistake 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Most of the EU countries have said they wont allow UK residents in as UK still recording over 8000 positive tests a day when everyone else is in the hundreds you got to admit if any country is going to f**k up they dont do it much better than the UK.

Whilst I think it's entirely fair for them not to do so, the UK have only once recorded 8,000 cases in a single day (April 10th) and that was due to a load of previous tests being counted.

Like those "two weeks ahead" of us throughout, the UK will be in the hundreds per day category within a fortnight.

I find it amusing when I see those happy to use the "two weeks behind" chat to emphasise their points earlier in the episode now find it odd or a stick to beat the government with that the UK is still two weeks behind in areas, and that other countries might not want to let us in yet as a result. I don't mean you btw.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I'd take the SG's po-faced outrage at some neds taking a cargo to Loch Lomond rather more seriously if they also disclosed the numbers turned around by similar police spot checks at the entrance to golf courses, garden centres etc. on Friday. 

I assume that they've got those figures to hand because otherwise they'd be indicating that travel restrictions don't really apply so long as you're a middle-class boomer from Morningside or Fairlie.

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Read elsewhere that the antibody testing has had accuracy issues. 

The line last week was that 79% (from memory!) of the positive cases were from people who were reporting no symptoms, so either the test is unreliable or way more people than initially thought have probably had it. If it ends up being the latter, death % naturally shoots way down. Might end up a bit embarrassing if it turns out Covid-19's been here for longer than we thought and we've basically shut down the entire economy for something that, in the grand scheme of things, isn't anywhere near as bad as we thought. But I'm not willing to fully wear that tin-foil hat yet...

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

The line last week was that 79% (from memory!) of the positive cases were from people who were reporting no symptoms, so either the test is unreliable or way more people than initially thought have probably had it. If it ends up being the latter, death % naturally shoots way down. Might end up a bit embarrassing if it turns out Covid-19's been here for longer than we thought and we've basically shut down the entire economy for something that, in the grand scheme of things, isn't anywhere near as bad as we thought. But I'm not willing to fully wear that tin-foil hat yet...

A lot of people were ill with flu like symptoms around Christmas/new year time, I was laid low myself for over a week and had a  cough that took months to clear. Whether it was covid or not, who knows.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

A lot of people were ill with flu like symptoms around Christmas/new year time, I was laid low myself for over a week and had a  cough that took months to clear. Whether it was covid or not, who knows.

People get Ill every winter. The infection curve proves it only really got here Feb/March. 

The beach here was busy again but people observing social distancing (well apart from a group of about 15 teenagers). Two things I saw that I’m not sure are “right”. I passed my neighbour pushing her granddaughter in a buggy (they don’t live together). Also there’s a tiny kiosk that’s about 10 foot by 7 foot - there was 4 people working in it (again not from the same family or living together) Not sure if that would be frowned upon or not 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The beach here was busy again but people observing social distancing (well apart from a group of about 15 teenagers). Two things I saw that I’m not sure are “right”. I passed my neighbour pushing her granddaughter in a buggy (they don’t live together). Also there’s a tiny kiosk that’s about 10 foot by 7 foot - there was 4 people working in it (again not from the same family or living together) Not sure if that would be frowned upon or not.

No matter what they say, none of the employees in these restaurants or take away places can possibly be social distancing properly.

Edited by sparky88

No matter what they say, none of the employees in these restaurants or take away places can possibly be social distancing properly.
Definitely not all of them, but tbf to my local roll shop they usually have 3 or 4 staff, they are only working with 2. 1 in the kitchen and 1 working on the counter out front.

21 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is there a bigger collection of arseholes than Scousers?

I don't know, they hate the Sun (newspaper) and Tories there.

I'd take that any day over some Sun reading Tory voter who belongs in the sea or the top of a bonfire.