Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Couple of bits of positive trends today.

7 day deaths have now dropped to just 4. Tomorrow will be interesting to see. If it could be 5 again that would see this drop to 3

Just 0.6% of tests yesterday came back positive.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I'd pay good money to see you try and kick out some old biddy for not following some shan arrows you chucked on the floor two months ago. Particularly when they just forgot to get the two pints of milk that they were in for in the first place.

Jeez that brings back memories of pre-isolating.

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

Serious answer, we have been instructed to tell repeat offenders to leave the Premises, if they refuse or become abusive we activate our personal alarms & the Police will attend when the call centre verify we have an issue. 

We have had to phone the police twice. Both were for people spitting on a colleague 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Because if someone is raging outside a store, then the police will be needed.

It's not about the 'crime'. It's about the inevitable escalation. I think shops probably have the right to ask you to leave if you're not meeting their standards for health and safety.

I agree with you on the main issues here but you're posting style is actually converting people to the opposite position. Take a wee breather from time to time.

Customers are starting to argue amongst themselves which is fine. People skipping the que seems to be a good laugh , safety comes first always 🙂

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

@G_Man1985 How are your bosses directing you to deal with it as it sounds like we are being far more hard line than you guys are being.

We do the best we can. However we are not the police.  Advise customers to follow one way. Lead by example however sometimes can be tricky. 

We do the best we can. However we are not the police.  Advise customers to follow one way. Lead by example however sometimes can be tricky. 

What’s the deal with more than one family member shopping together (young children excepted)?
My local Tesco is advising it should be only 1 person per household but say they can’t enforce it, I’ve generally found the shopping experience to be quite pleasant during lockdown with people (in general) being more considerate etc. Was slightly perturbed with a mother, father & 3 teenage kids blocking an aisle arguing about which cheese slices they wanted. Tbf, it was the fact they were buying processed cheese slices, and felt the need to argue about it that annoyed me the most.

To my mind, theres absolutely no requirement whatsoever for a one way system now. The shops arent overly busy, stuff isnt in short supply, the government have defined a contact as being within 2 metres for 15 mins. Who are we protecting with a one way system now?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

To my mind, theres absolutely no requirement whatsoever for a one way system now. The shops arent overly busy, stuff isnt in short supply, the government have defined a contact as being within 2 metres for 15 mins. Who are we protecting with a one way system now?

No arguments from me, we have a One way system in place & can only allow 15 people at a time into a 30,000 sq ft BC. Seems bloody pointless by this stage but we need to enforce the rules.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

We have a one way system but has been shite. It works if everyone does it. However they dont and a good few people dont care.

They introduced a one-way system in our local supermarket but removed it, when they started limiting numbers inside and presumably because some staff and customers were ignoring it. 

Never understood the logic anyway, just seemed to mean people having to go down aisles they didn't want anything on to go around and get to others, passing more people and spending longer in store.  

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

They introduced a one-way system in our local supermarket but removed it, when they started limiting numbers inside and presumably because some staff and customers were ignoring it. 

Never understood the logic anyway, just seemed to mean people having to go down aisles they didn't want anything on to go around and get to others, passing more people and spending longer in store.  

Yeah, a knee jerk solution looking for a problem 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The shop I work in is still pretty busy and we are more or less back to normal regarding workforce.

Certain products we have have short supply in. Some companies we work with are still under furlough. 

Problem we have is the older folk who come in on a regular basis to meet up with whoever and have a blether. They seem to be the worst for it. 

Edited by G_Man1985

18 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

What’s the deal with more than one family member shopping together (young children excepted)?
My local Tesco is advising it should be only 1 person per household but say they can’t enforce it.

That's a lot of shite and we have moved on from this. Unless its store to store basis ( is it a small tesco? ) 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The shop I work in is still pretty busy and we are more or less back to normal regarding workforce.

Certain products we have have short supply in. Some companies we work with are still under furlough. 

Problem we have is the older folk who come in on a regular basis to meet up with whoever and have a blether. They seem to be the worst for it. 

So just move them along. The one way system is doing absolutely nothing to mitigate that. As I said earlier, if I spend 15 minutes within 2 metres of the same person at any point during the day, chances are it's my wife or kids. If it's someone in Tescos, I want to know why the f**k they are that close to me for that long. It simply doesnt happen. 

By miles the worst shopping experience was B & Q. The procedures there make you feel like you shouldn't even be there. Going to the tills there is a nightmare.

The customers at the garden centre I was at the other week were a nightmare as well. Should have expected it though,they are full of pishy pensioners at the best of times. But, choosing which particular plant they want to buy isn't the same as picking a tin of beans in Tesco I guess.

Haven't been back to either for a while, hopefully they will have all the problems ironed out by now.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

So just move them along. The one way system is doing absolutely nothing to mitigate that. As I said earlier, if I spend 15 minutes within 2 metres of the same person at any point during the day, chances are it's my wife or kids. If it's someone in Tescos, I want to know why the f**k they are that close to me for that long. It simply doesnt happen. 

I'm not moving the long. They can do what they want... I've said already I'm not the police . One way system we have in place for people who do the home shop also. ( ones go about with trolleys ) 

It dosnt happen to you but I see it happen every day that I work ( potentially not a Sunday as fairly quiet later in the evening).

However the mornings are pretty bad for the older folk and a catch up.

I'm past caring, I'm a selfish c**t and want the football back n pubs open.

300 odd staff in our store and nobody has had the virus and that's being open the whole time and in contact with many people.

Let's get the pubs open 🙂