Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It's also again worth noting that the Scottish test and trace is run by the nhs, not by serco, and i think our system is going to be more reliable as a result.

Add in the much smaller number of cases to chase up here and there's a big difference.

If your counter argument is that we should just never open them again and let everyone involved go on the dole, I suspect no one is going to bother with that tbh.
Counter argument was to keep them closed for a while yet, drive down cases further and furlough their workers.
Thanks for putting words in my mouth though when I'd already said that a few posts ago.
I get that people just want to get life back to normal, myself included, but let's not attack each other because we have different views on how to get there.

Counter argument was to keep them closed for a while yet, drive down cases further and furlough their workers.
Thanks for putting words in my mouth though when I'd already said that a few posts ago.
I get that people just want to get life back to normal, myself included, but let's not attack each other because we have different views on how to get there.
How long? How many cases is few enough? Why can't we fall back to secondary measures given that the lockdown was the nuclear option to prevent folk dying in the corridors of hopelessly overrun hospitals?

I think in the short term that's a fairly balanced set of measures in terms if maintaining social distancing but getting the retail and hospitality sectors moving 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

It's a bit of a slap in the face to shop workers who have spent four months working without masks but now need to wear them because the SNP want to be seen to be doing something.

It should have been mandatory for them ages ago, as it should have been for people doing their shopping.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

It's a bit of a slap in the face to shop workers who have spent four months working without masks but now need to wear them because the SNP want to be seen to be doing something.

Eh....whilst masks in shops have not been mandatory they have been recommended so surely those shop workers who are so concerned would have been wearing them anyway.

This will also have protected them from the aforementioned " slap in the face "

Shop workers should have been wearing them all that time, many have been. In no circumstances can the wearing of a mask be described as a slap in the face, it's a logical prevention step. Clearly the Scottish public require to be "telt" and making it mandatory makes sense.

How long? How many cases is few enough? Why can't we fall back to secondary measures given that the lockdown was the nuclear option to prevent folk dying in the corridors of hopelessly overrun hospitals?
Sorry to say that perhaps there is no fix just locking and unlocking so save the nhs.
Hopefully there's some sort of treatment of vaccine soon.
I get that there needs to be a balance but feel that money is driving science at present.
No problems with anyone who disagrees and wants everything open.

We were given masks right at the start. 

Told we had to change them every 20 minutes ( can believe what you like but this is fact)

Majority of staff chose not to. Our masks are cheap disposable ones.

Now hopefully my company has a week and a bit to provide staff with better ones.