Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

But Jim Halfpenny of West Dunbartonshire EIS said there is still concerns over the possible transmission of coronavirus in the classroom.

The Virus doesn't care what Jim Halfpenny thinks. It only spreads in corridors, not classrooms.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The Ayrshire paper FB pages awash with “Ayrshire’s on the brink of lockdown”. 30 odd positive case and they want a lockdown 🙄

I will laugh, laugh. laugh 'til ma heid fa's aff!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I've never read as much hysterical nonsense in all my life. The Ayrshire Daily Mail as I call it [emoji849]

The Ayrshire paper FB pages awash with “Ayrshire’s on the brink of lockdown”. 30 odd positive case and they want a lockdown [emoji849]

This is some absolutely desperate wagon-circling going on. As the table clearly shows, the number of Covid-related absences has trebled in the eleven days to August 28 so the idea that there is nothing to see here, everything is fine and that's a normal figure of absences anyway is just utter bollocks. 
3 x hee haw is hee haw. It's going fine.

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Meanwhile in England and Wales -

The YouGov survey found that 17 per cent of parents might not send their children back to school.

1 in 6 parents may not send child back to school

More than 30 per cent of parents would remove child from school if the infection rate started to rise, survey suggests

https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus-1-6-parents-may-not-send-pupils-back-school

https://inews.co.uk/news/education/reopening-schools-parents-children-home-coronavirus-fears-614913?ITO=newsnow

And here is the results of said YouGov poll

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/gtfs4brp0l/YouGov Parents Omni - children returning to school.pdf

17% absence rate for covid related absences before the schools even open.

Disastrous policy. VT must condemn.

9 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

So I can’t go to my mates houses, but can meet them in the pub.

You can do what you want, it's advice to keep being a bit careful, nobody's going to stop you going to your mate's house. No doubt FB will take it that the pubs need to be closed immediately.