Coronavirus (COVID-19)

That is true but then you have the odd occasion where Caprice is right and  expert Dr Sarah Jarvis is wrong, whichhas happened quite a bit in this crisis.  There's been a lot of people who have had their assumptions knocked out by what's happened.
Here's the clip btw

Caprice, months ahead of the curve on masks.  Referencing Taiwan, one of the countries that has had the best response to the crisis, as well.
I don't want to be a snark to people on this forum but you can also do a wee search and contrast what people said about masks a few months ago to what they are saying now.  It's not that long that tutting at mask wearing and saying "worry about flu/anti-Chinese racism/travel bans" was the 'correct' response.

The condescension from Jarvis was staggering.

2 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Who are these people? Thats what gets me! Do they think that anyone who gets the virus will die? Or do they live in la la land where they think shutting down huge swathes of the economy is just like schools breaking up for the summer?

Is that you, Ally?

12 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

The condescension from Jarvis was staggering.

A total fluke from Caprice, clearly, but Jarvis' professional reputation must be in the bin after that. Not like there isn't a permanent record of everything said/done now either. 

Edited by Michael W

My second lockdown would consist of Teachers, People in Education and people living with people in Education are fully locked down other than to go to their place of education.

Everyone else can carry on as normal.

On 13/09/2020 at 11:45, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:
  • There is no evidence reopening services will cause a second wave
  • It was always to be expected cases would rise slightly after restrictions would ease
  • The reasons cases are so high is because we're testing far more people
  • I wouldn't exactly call it a second wave but it's only younger people catching it. Covid deaths are low
  • These old people that are now dying would have died soon anyway
  • People die everyday, you don't see flu death figures on the news every day!
  • People are going to die and we just have to accept that
  • With rising population and finite resources, we needed a good purge anyway!  

I wonder which stage P&B's favourite 'lockdownphobe' is at today.

Masks cause you to breathe in the carbon dioxide you're breathing out. This will impair peoples' immune systems and shorten their lives, particularly the elderly and vulnerable who are supposedly being 'shielded.' They're trying to lower the population by making them kill themselves off, and masks are the biggest factor in that.

I'm astonished that the surgical team who carried out a 7 hour heart operation on my father in law several years back managed to survive the ooeration, with having to wear masks all that time...

Edit to add: if masks are killing folk, I would heartily encourage all my dead pool team members to double then up

A boy I know is complaining about how selfish folk are leading to a second lockdown by not following the rules literally a few hours after posting a picture of him and his mates standing close together :lol:

8 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Was that photograph taken with a Nokia 3210 whilst intoxicated?

I saw this earlier but it wasn't in such a state, find it fascinating that you can see a fresh picture that gets shared around, normal people share the post or save out the original image to share, folk that have minds like a firework factory fire screenshot it and send it to their pals who all take screenshots and so on.  Then you see someone share it days later and it looks like it's been dragged through the woods. 

Edited by itzdrk
It's no Misfit's fault it was like that when received

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I saw this earlier but it wasn't in such a state, find it fascinating that you can see a fresh picture that gets shared around, normal people share the post or save out the original image to share, folk that have minds like a firework factory fire screenshot it and send it to their pals who all take screenshots and so on.  Then you see someone share it days later and it looks like it's been dragged through the woods. 

Taking grainy pictures of a computer screen is the boomer version of a screenshot.

"The Sun" (yes I know) running with Johnson announcing a 10pm curfew for pubs tomorrow. 

Yes, that'll make all the difference won't it? Will do. Nothing during the week and will only succeed in killing off pubs who see their weekend takings decline. 

Just now, Michael W said:

"The Sun" (yes I know) running with Johnson announcing a 10pm curfew for pubs tomorrow. 

Yes, that'll make all the difference won't it? Will do. Nothing during the week and will only succeed in killing off pubs who see their weekend takings decline. 

Moving my booking from 2pm to midday to own the libs

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Which means either 8pm or full closure for us in Scotland