Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

"The Sun" (yes I know) running with Johnson announcing a 10pm curfew for pubs tomorrow. 

Yes, that'll make all the difference won't it? Will do. Nothing during the week and will only succeed in killing off pubs who see their weekend takings decline. 

All those middle aged women who think they are mental because sometimes they go out at 3 in the afternoon are going to discover midday pints and I'm not here for this. 

All those middle aged women who think they are mental because sometimes they go out at 3 in the afternoon are going to discover midday pints and I'm not here for this. 
Being roaring drunk during the day is glorious.

Alpen Lodge blazing the trail for covid era pubs to follow.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Being roaring drunk during the day is glorious.

Alpen Lodge blazing the trail for covid era pubs to follow.

Can't agree with this enough & I don't want to share it with newcomers. 

A big favourite of the genre is going into some wee bunker like the Bier Halle and coming out again, absolutely ripped with zero idea of the time, and finding it to be broad daylight and still filled with shoppers

A big favourite of the genre is going into some wee bunker like the Bier Halle and coming out again, absolutely ripped with zero idea of the time, and finding it to be broad daylight and still filled with shoppers

Nah, I still get the fear thinking about the time I went out for a smoke during a Boiler Room at the Subby pinging only to realise it was 8pm in the height of summer and people were still heading to LIDL for the weekly shop

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

When we had the Ayrshire Derby a couple years ago it was smashing.  Had already been out for a bit in Kitty's but we had downstairs in Solid Rock sorted to ourselves.  Coming away kit that door like you've been stuck down a mine without capacity to have a thought in your head. 

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

Got to agree with being absolutely minging by the time that others are coming out for a 'normal' evening session is glorious.

Afternoon drinking is the mutts nuts.

My favourite was coming off a 36 hour shift manky as f**k, a few cans in the crew room and sipping one on the bus home full of suits on their way to work. Afternoon drinking is a close second though.

When we had the Ayrshire Derby a couple years ago it was smashing.  Had already been out for a bit in Kitty's but we had downstairs in Solid Rock sorted to ourselves.  Coming away kit that door like you've been stuck down a mine without capacity to have a thought in your head. 

My last day sesh was a Friday in Dundee back in February.

Nothing like Stoating up the street whilst a man in a 3 piece suit gives you daggers as your hopping between pubs.

Its fucked we're all dead. Its a tragedy that defies description having this government at this time.

You know New Zealand has had 22 deaths. If you had the same death rate in the UK it would be about 300. We have about seventy thousand, and are now entering a second wave, and winter. 

Literally over 99% of these deaths have been avoidable and could have been prevented.  We are no different to NZ, we are an island, we saw it coming, we had the same amount of time they did to prepare. That's how bad a job they've done. 

All modelling shows lockdown 11 days earlier would have prevented about 90% of deaths, and 15 days earlier 99% of them wouldn't have happened if followed by adequate test/trace when lockdown was lifted.