Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp
53 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A much simpler time.

I about fell off my high chair when Frank Gilfeather made an appearance last week on Sky Sports as a roving reporter. 

I thought he died yunks ago, but it turns out he hasn't changed in 40 years. He's still a grey, boring fucker. 

2 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Definitely they should.

However, on a slight tangent the rents these places charge for a shitey room is criminal. I'm always quite surprised at the take up from students, unless it's so they've more chance of being able to wander the halls on the prowl for a shag. f**k knows, the world is odd sometimes.

It's just notional numbers transferring from the student loan to the rent, nobody gives a f**k about an extra £50 a month when you're 18. First year in halls (from what I've observed at least) is the easiest way of finding a solid friends group to then private let with in the following year. 

Just now, MixuFruit said:

observed

Well yes because I know lots of people who moved into halls for university. I had no need to move into halls because university was a forty minute commute from the house: which allowed me to spend the same money on getting pished in WordUp, going to every Morton away game, funding an Erasmus exchange etc.

Separate but equally legitimate uses of the gammon taxpayer's money IMO.

IMG_1576962560.451370.jpg.10ebb265f92f5a0547901406540577bb.jpg

2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Fucking hell. Grampian back in the day was something else. Kennedy Thompson introducing programmes from beside a roaring fire, edits of films like RoboCop that were cut so badly they barely filled an hour, an obsession with bowls, yet they'd happily send a camera van out to film Lossie v Fort William. Then STV took over and fucked it. 

Gilfeather recent columns for the Evening Express saw him bitching about changes at Question of Sport, folk not listening to him while he worked at Grampian, and something about cyclists. Absolutely an old man shouting at clouds these days, yet still pops up on Stelling and Friends to talk us through a Ross County home game. 

Have heard it claimed that Donald John MacDonald got his job at Grampian because he answered "I can learn" to the question "Do you drink?" in his interview that was prompted by them being aware that he was a bit of a bevvy merchant. Simpler times on corporate culture.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

observed

Well yes because I know lots of people who moved into halls for university. I had no need to move into halls because university was a forty minute commute from the house: which allowed me to spend the same money on getting pished in WordUp, going to every Morton away game, funding an Erasmus exchange etc.
Separate but equally legitimate uses of the gammon taxpayer's money IMO.
IMG_1576962560.451370.jpg.10ebb265f92f5a0547901406540577bb.jpg

Just want to butt in to this to highlight the third type of halls perspective that I have seared into my memory

IMG_4932.jpg

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Just want to butt in to this to highlight the third type of halls perspective that I have seared into my memory

IMG_4932.jpg

Brandon Lee

"Went back to school because the buzz was better" type vibe.

https://mysentimentsnotexactly.com/the-early-years/the-curious-case-of-brandon-lee/

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

I was 24 when I went to Uni so a lot smarter and more responsible when I was when I was 17.

This makes a huge difference. There's a thin line though between leaving it a couple of years to mature, and leaving it so long that you forgot anything you ever knew.

Well thats the panic buying resumed in my local asda, only bog roll this time not cleaning products. 6 months on we know definitively that shops will remain open in all circumstances and you do not get the shits with covid

What a total fucking nonsense this is. I’ve always been a big supporter of civil liberties but nah f**k it people really are just too thick if they’re making the same f**k ups twice. Send in the army I’ve had enough