Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:
I'm ashamed to say I wasn't that far from being like Homer Simpson when he went to college.

Did you roll a pig up in a carpet and throw it off a bridge?

Pumped a bird with a blue rinse imo.

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:
I'm ashamed to say I wasn't that far from being like Homer Simpson when he went to college.

Did you roll a pig up in a carpet and throw it off a bridge?

Roll it? I fucked  it! Sorry, just having a David Cameron moment...

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Thats my Uncle got Covid.  He works as a janitor in a school but I am sure that he must have caught it elswhere.  There's no way he could have possibly caught it in a place where hundreds of people gather on a daily basis.

Probably the football mate, awww wait we're not allowed to attend matches despite minimal risk outdoors and with social distance.

f**k it I'm away to the bingo to sit in poorly ventilated rooms with loads of pensioners with conditions such as COPD after I've been to a restaurant then a pub of course.  I won't drink to much though as got to make sure kids get to their busy school tomorrow.  Don't mention the football though.

Ah the adult conversation, the science etc etc only when it suits of course.

Edited by Tynierose

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Their munchie cuisine is superb, chips with peanut sauce, croquettes, and custard delivered to your door for an early breakfast can't be beaten. WTF the point of a third of a pint is, is beyond me though. They've started doing it in Inverness now.

I remember a third of a pint and a hauf being sold in pubs for people who were too skint to afford a hauf'n'hauf. Think it was called a Pony.

Desperate times = desperate measures. 

18 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Thats my Uncle got Covid.  He works as a janitor in a school but I am sure that he must have caught it elswhere.  There's no way he could have possibly caught it in a place where hundreds of people gather on a daily basis.

Does sawdust not work on Covid?

19 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Hopefully not too serious for him and recovers quickly 

6 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
20 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:
I remember a third of a pint and a hauf being sold in pubs for people who were too skint to afford a hauf'n'hauf. Think it was called a Pony.
Desperate times = desperate measures. 

It was indeed a Pony.

I heard it had been made legal again to encourage more women to drink beer. The pub I worked gave some of the old jakies a whisky glass with beer in it to accompany their spirit when their internal organs had shrivelled to an extent they couldn't cope with the volume of a half pint.

Those 3rd pint glasses are quite common at beer festivals as wee samplers . Folk don’t actually sit and drink them in a pub tho do they?
I'm assuming they're used in places like Brewdog etc. where some of the beers on sale are rocket fuel to the extent they're not permitted to sell them in pints?

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:
19 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Those 3rd pint glasses are quite common at beer festivals as wee samplers . Folk don’t actually sit and drink them in a pub tho do they?

I'm assuming they're used in places like Brewdog etc. where some of the beers on sale are rocket fuel to the extent they're not permitted to sell them in pints?

You might be right. A brewery in Dalkeith has a 9.4% lager on, only available in 1/2  pints or 1ltr growers. 

10 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

This is going to wreck the SNP vote in uni constituencies unless they send these kids home and delay uni starting till after winter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1309527177361321986

That makes for grim reading. What a shambles.

They just need to remember that some University of Lifers had it worse during the miners' strike though. At least they have the Playstation.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

11 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I truly hope this eventually leads to the financial ruin of anyone invested in "luxury" student accommodation plaguing Glasgow & Edinburgh in particular. Maybe also some pointed investigation of councillors who approve these plans that invariably punt out perfectly viable business tenants.

They'll be fucked if this keeps up then 'converted' into residential flats which was probably the long term plan anyway. Horrible places. The uni and ECC have a lot to answer for.