Coronavirus (COVID-19)

33 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Al these teachers/staff members at school telling us that all there schools have all came back negative cant be true....I mean theres graphs n everything 

Statistical data has trumped 'anecdotal pish' in Western thought since the late seventeenth century champ.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Still no source, and where's the evidence of 70% of these cases happening in schools? Week 38 was a while ago btw. 

I don't know what's difficult about this chart, but the primary and secondary school segments added together are quite clearly around 70%

The source is clearly listed as PHE.

The denial is strong.

Screenshot_20201030-201352_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
26 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Are you saying that you think a year of huge disruption to schools and the knock on effect it would have had was the correct direction at a time where there were more handfuls of cases across Scotland and hadnt been a death in christ knows how long?

1) There's no evidence that applying consistent protocols and therefore establishing blended learning in schools would have been a 'huge disruption' at all, given that they were, erm, told to plan for that very outcome in the first place. What you mean is 'huge disruption to parents' which is not even remotely the same thing.

2) 'A year of huge disruption' has already been baked into vast sectors of the economy champ - from live event venues to hospitality and indeed football clubs. The idea that the public school system should be magically shielded from all possible disruption in the middle of a pandemic at the expense of everything else is moronic on moral grounds. And it's proved a roaring success on public health grounds as well.

Edited by vikingTON

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know what's difficult about this chart, but the primary and secondary school segments added together are quite clearly around 70%

Screenshot_20201030-201352_Opera.jpg

For one, it's talking about clusters instead of cases, 2, there's no date point or source,  3. so your fictional 40% figure from the first genuine and sourced graph you quoted has no meaningful relationship to it.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

1) There's no evidence that blended learning would have been a 'huge disruption' to schools at all, given that they were, erm, told to plan for that very outcome in the first place. What you mean is 'disruption to parents' which is not even remotely the same thing.

2) 'A year of huge disruption' has already been baked into vast sectors of the economy champ - from live event venues to hospitality and indeed football clubs. The idea that the public school system should be magically shielded from all possible disruption in the middle of a pandemic at the expense of everything else is moronic on moral grounds. And it's proved a roaring success on public health grounds as well.

None of that is anything like what I was getting at, and I was speaking to Todd anyway so you just crack on shrieking at the moon. I'm busy planning how I will amuse my kids for 2 days before I gleefully hand them off to the state again. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

None of that is anything like what I was getting at, and I was speaking to Todd anyway so you just crack on shrieking at the moon. I'm busy planning how I will amuse my kids for 2 days before I gleefully hand them off to the state again. 

If you wanted 'to speak to someone' without having your moronic arguments shredded then you should have used the PM function rather than a post on a public forum champ. Thanks for playing anyway.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Loving the idea btw that being linked to a mere 70% of clusters is somehow better than being linked to 70% of cases. 

B4B69545-A189-453C-97FC-1DCCF933CE23.png.7604d4bf06687ba0612974bc06b69402.png

It matters if you're comparing case data from a known date and source, and calling it 40% instead of 22%, and then comparing it to cluster data from an unknown time and source. And pretending they come from the same source.

Edited by welshbairn

No. But given the SG buckled overnight when facebook maws were outraged at the idea blended learning might be in place until the end of the current school year, you'll forgive me for filing his opinions straight in the bin.

What I love about this is that for the second day running (and I don’t know how many times before that) you’ve said that you didn’t watch something, but then choose to lecture the rest of us on what you didn’t see.

Utter, utter bellend.

If you wanted 'to speak to someone' without having your moronic arguments shredded then you should have used the PM function rather than a post on a public forum champ. Thanks for playing anyway.
A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] fucking nick of you.

"Shredded"