Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Obviously it’s just speculation right now but if Glasgow/Ayrshire etc is put into Tier 4, then that’s a lot of uncertainty and worry for businesses having to close yet again. Whilst I see the need for schools to be open, is it really worth putting everything else in the shitter whilst allowing schools to be open? I honestly can’t see numbers coming down dramatically just because gyms, restaurants and hairdressers are shutting their doors considering there already is safety measures in place there
I know some are calling for blended learning but I genuinely don't think it's going to make a difference.

If a move to Tier 4 does not impact by the review date in 2 weeks time then they should be considering school closures in those LAs. 3 weeks till Christmas at that point with 2 weeks holiday after - could be possible?

It's Christmas time, there's no need to be afraid
At Christmas time, we let in light and we banish shade
And in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world at Christmas time
But say a prayer, Pray for the other ones
At Christmas time it's hard, but when you're having fun
There's a world outside your window
And it's a world of dread and fear
Where the only water flowing
Is the bitter sting of tears
And the Christmas bells that ring
There are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you
And there won't be Santa in the Central Belt this Christmas time
The greatest gift they'll get this year is gloom
Where nothing ever grows
No rain nor rivers flow
Do they know it's Christmas time at all?
Here's to you…

We're thinking of you....

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Likewise at the weekend Leitch was telling football fans to behave as access to stadiums next June depends on this. If you find the right emotional hook you may get less resistance when pushing previously failed methods   

I find it incredible folk still fall for his bullshit. I may be in the minority but I’ve always preferred club football to internationals. I’d much rather get back to Somerset than potentially Hampden in June if we all behave 🙄 can’t believe folk would sacrifice not seeing their club team play for about 18 months in order to “save Hampden” 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I find it incredible folk still fall for his bullshit. I may be in the minority but I’ve always preferred club football to internationals. I’d much rather get back to Somerset than potentially Hampden in June if we all behave 🙄 can’t believe folk would sacrifice not seeing their club team play for about 18 months in order to “save Hampden” 

You should have mentioned this before

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

You should have mentioned this before

Well it is a football forum and we’re all supposed to be fans of our teams. Starting to think some folk wouldn’t give a fck if they never saw a game in person ever again. Amazing the way JL and “the guys” can change people’s mindset 🙄

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Well it is a football forum and we’re all supposed to be fans of our teams. Starting to think some folk wouldn’t give a fck if they never saw a game in person ever again. Amazing the way JL and “the guys” can change people’s mindset 🙄

I agree with you on football, they're worried about Premiership team fans being angry if lower league fans are allowed to watch under restrictions, and if the limit was 300 for all, which would be fine for nearly every team below League one, they'd go fucking mental. I'm beginning to think it's the SFA, the Government have it on their website that limited crowds are OK for level one.

All this talk of tier 4, is starting to get on my wick.
SG say for example South Lanarkshire is remaining stubbornly high but not rising.  Our cases having dropped 10% in the last month and sitting around 260 per 100k is NOT tier 4 material.
Well maybe if they shut schools and further education down for a month it might help. Regain this month through Easter and Summer holidays.
In my opinion, SG will start to lose support for measures as everyone is doing their best, while the elephant in the room is being ignored.
As for covid not being allowed in schools bullshit, two high schools local to me, one is running at half capacity and other isn't far away from that, due to covid.
In summary bringing tier 4 in will make no difference at all, it will only serve to piss off further the people that are doing their best to adhere, which is what you don't want.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I think I've said it before but the government's own criteria for level 4 is 300 cases per 100k. Nowhere currently exceeds it but Lanarkshire (and I think Glasgow) have done previously so why not put them in lockdown at that point?

Since the tier system was brought in cases in the worst hit areas have been reducing. They might be "stubbornly high", as we keep being told, but they are reducing. What chance do you have when cases are coming down but we're still being hit with further restrictions?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I agree with you on football, they're worried about Premiership team fans being angry if lower league fans are allowed to watch under restrictions, and if the limit was 300 for all, which would be fine for nearly every team below League one, they'd go fucking mental. I'm beginning to think it's the SFA, the Government have it on their website that limited crowds are OK for level one.

No doubt premiership fans would be upset by it. I also know clubs don’t want a limit of 300 as it would actually cost them more as the fans would already have paid their season ticket, plus more stewards would be needed. Regardless though, the SG shouldn’t have said fans are allowed in Tier 1 when apart from Ross County, it hasn’t happened yet. Hollow gestures 

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Whats this "can't stand what Christmas has become" pish.

It's a feast day. The whole point is to eat, drink and absolutely go all out with every last resource you have at your disposal.

Christmas is indeed the best time of the year but it's not been the same since they stopped the movie marathons on the 24th and 25th. Gremlins and Miracle on 34th Street are timeless classics.

3 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Christmas is indeed the best time of the year but it's not been the same since they stopped the movie marathons on the 24th and 25th. Gremlins and Miracle on 34th Street are timeless classics.

Missing Die Hard.

"Now I have a machine gun. Ho. Ho. Ho."

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I have no issues whatsoever for fans getting in to lower league games. Particularly in terraced stadiums that could take 300 socially distant people with zero issue. These stadiums, large open areas with relatively few people in them are absolutely not going to significantly contribute to any spread.

The 'fans of premier league clubs would be angry' narrative is again, a load of bollocks and an excuse. You'd have one or two mumps and moans but it's hardly going to be an overwhelming outcry.

Whats this "can't stand what Christmas has become" pish.
It's a feast day. The whole point is to eat, drink and absolutely go all out with every last resource you have at your disposal.

And have your relatives visit, get pished, let their bairns run amok, whilst you try to get dinner ready - and not one of them offering to help clean up afterwards.

Thanks, but no thanks.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

And have your relatives visit, get pished, let their bairns run amok, whilst you try to get dinner ready - and not one of them offering to help clean up afterwards.

Thanks, but no thanks.

So what do you normally do on Christmas Day.

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've been saying this for quite some time. I gain no satisfaction in (possibly) being right. I'll be keeping an eye on this week's fixtures. But whilst I'm on the subject, I think I'd be right in saying that the SFA haven't even given the NCL as much as a cursory mention. Not sure what the deal is with those clubs regarding attending in a legitimate manner

The choice is not between lockdown or Christmas but rather punt sprogs into blended learning/close schools in the worst affected areas. Then you don't have to chuck either in the bin because up to 0.5 of the R rate is sloughed off.