Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

We will absolutely get stories about people getting the vaccine and then dying of Covid. What the idiots writing these stories won't include is that no vaccine is being presented as 100% effective and the number of people who get covid and die will most likely be an absolutely tiny minority of people who get the vaccine and be within the estimates based on the vaccine results.

I'm a pessimistic sod and as I'm a wee guy I'll probably be in the tiny minority 😟

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

To be fair Willie if you only go out to the shops every now and again and little else, it doesn’t really matter too much if you get the vaccine or not. 

The issue is with those who want life to go back to normal with everything opened up etc, but then say they’ll refuse the only viable option that would allow that to happen.

That's true and me going to get my messages from Morrisons twice a week is my normality

28 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Absolutely. There will no doubt be management fees, interest and royalties rolled into the cost base and paid to a brass plate in BVI or Cayman Islands. 

There will be children diagnosed with Autism after getting vaccinated. Some people will develop cancer after getting vaccinated. Some people will decide they are gay after getting vaccinated. 

Stupid people will still have a shaky grasp of causality and coincidence. 

FFS Speak for yersel'

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Edinburgh could be used as a setting for the remake of 28 days later.

84A7D9E2-F13B-473F-BC84-549200BEA2F7.jpeg

I never went into the centre during the initial lockdown but even out by me in the 'burbs it was very quiet.  I was actually thinking yesterday that it's not like that at all now, traffic is at completely normal levels.  I had to go to a bakery and into Tesco yesterday and both were heaving.

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Local restaurant here in midlothian furious with the decision. 

39ED8EE1-68F8-4D87-8E41-3EF3605037E6.png

Only problem I can see if the extra stock they have ordered when I worked in catering you wouldn't order too much before an event in case it was called off.

The rest of their preparation can be used once the restrictions are eased or can easily be reversed.

Ill be fucking delighted to avoid going to the in laws. Not because i dont like them. But my mother in law insists on only cooking turkey which i find awfy shite. Ill be tucking into a rib of beef whilst those peasants fight over a bit of dry turkey

I've had to get the train to work for a few days and the number of groups of wee mutant kids I've seen all hanging around with each other is honestly staggering. Huge groups, no distancing, no masks, no fucks given. Almost as if they think they're invincible because they've been told they're low/no risk. 

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I never went into the centre during the initial lockdown but even out by me in the 'burbs it was very quiet.  I was actually thinking yesterday that it's not like that at all now, traffic is at completely normal levels.  I had to go to a bakery and into Tesco yesterday and both were heaving.

i'm also out in the sticks too, have seen zero change from last week to this, whereas first time, there was no one around

41 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Edinburgh could be used as a setting for the remake of 28 days later.

84A7D9E2-F13B-473F-BC84-549200BEA2F7.jpeg

The new turd hotel at the St. James centre gets me every time I see it in a photo of the east end skyline :lol:

Edited by RiG

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

2 Days on and the 7 day cases per 100K uo to 19th November drops from 140.7 to 134.2 or 4.62%

Having another look at the Areas that have been moved in Tiers

Relegated

East Ayrshire 150.8 to 146.7 continues to defy why it entered Tier 4

East Dunbartonshire 175.8 to to 157.4  also now looks unfortunate to have been relegated.

East Renfrewshire 188.4 to 193.7   Confirms decision was correct.

Glasgow City 251.9 to 230.6  Seems to have finally woken up to this second wave.

North Lanarkshire 242.8 to 234.9  Again confirms decision was correct.

Renfrewshire 261.3 to 260.7 confirms they do not give a shit.

South Ayrshire 159.8 to 150.1  again like the East a little unfortunate to be relegated.

South Lanarkshire 229.3 to 227.7 another shameless area.

Stirling 214.4 to 205.9  Hopefully has hit it's weird peak and should improve quickly. Very localised in this area.

West Dunbartonshire  156.3 to 140.6  Like its neighbour mightily unlucky to have been chopped.

West Lothian 191.2 to 194.4  is currently a really poor performing area excluding Swan Munchers who are clean of the virus and southern outliers.

Promoted Tuesday coming

East Lothian 54.2 to 55.1  so promotion is secured.

Midlothian 76.8 to 100.6   This could well be a late change of decision

Previously Relegated

Angus 92.1 to 89.5 Stubbornly high no chance of promotion

Fife 140.5 to 114.6   Wow finally the map turning blue.  

Perth & Kinross 108.6 to 112.5   Performing poorly like Angus

Random 

Dundee City 120.5 to 105.8   I think this pattern means tier 2 in 10 days

Clackmannanshire 163.0 to 168.8   in real danger of relegation

Argyll and Bute only prospect of promotion to Tier 1   still too high in Aberdeen and the Shire.

Just a quick update for moving on another 24 hours.  Overall cases per 100K down from 134.2 to 130.8 7 days up to 20th November.  A decent 2.53% drop.   Absolutely confirms R rate is fractionally under 1 as sustained drops over last 10 days.

Significance on yesterdays comments.  Every single Tier 4 area has some reduction.  Even the Renfrewshire lot !

Midlothian 100.6 to 97.3 Drop 3.28%    Will it be enough to allow supposed promotion ?   Maybe

South Ayrshire 150.1 to 135.0 drop 10.06%   Should never have been relegated to tier 4

Perth & Kinross 112.5 to 116.5 rise 3.59%   As far as I can tell the only Tier 3 or 4 area still rising.  NB City of Edinburgh behaving similarly.

Edited by superbigal

Surely your mother in law is part of your extended household and thus this is not doing anything wrongv

No she cares for her own mother who's well into her 90s and not mobile enough to get out and about hence the dilemma, her extended household is with her mum. It's a real risk in my eyes and nothing to do with "rules"

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm impressed by the close to 100% mask wearing in the shops I go to in Inverness, still. Maybe it has something to do with getting us level one status.

This is the case everywhere, apart from fantasists concocting nonsense stories about "the roll shop" on here

Without defending the motives of the way that data was presented, in a year where mortality was the same as the previous year then you would expect to see a higher number of deaths. This is for two reasons - first, the population gets bigger each year, but also gets a little older on average.

18 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Are other countries proposing similar relaxations at Christmas does anyone know? 

Wednesday is due to see an announcement from Angela Merkel as to what changes, if any, will be implemented for December in general, and as to whether any "special" relaxations regarding number of households that can mix will be made for Christmas. Can't see there being any major relaxations. 

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Just a quick update for moving on another 24 hours.  Overall cases per 100K down from 134.2 to 130.8 7 days up to 20th November.  A decent 2.53% drop.   Absolutely confirms R rate is fractionally under 1 as sustained drops over last 10 days.

Significance on yesterdays comments.  Every single Tier 4 area has some reduction.  Even the Renfrewshire lot !

Midlothian 100.6 to 97.3 Drop 3.28%    Will it be enough to allow supposed promotion ?   Maybe

South Ayrshire 150.1 to 135.0 drop 10.06%   Should never have been relegated to tier 4

Perth & Kinross 112.5 to 116.5 rise 3.59%   As far as I can tell the only Tier 3 or 4 area still rising.

And Clackmannanshire seems to be over it’s peak. Now at 150/100k and falling. Still above the Scottish Average mind you. I think also the small population (51k) throws up amplified changes in direction for few actual cases.