Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheaper by a considerable margin too. You could fire that into folk fortwo or threw years running before it matches the cost per dose of Pfizer or Moderna.

Is it not something like 3 dollars for the AZ one vs. 30 dollars for the Pfizer one?

Is it not something like 3 dollars for the AZ one vs. 30 dollars for the Pfizer one?
According to the chart from the link Welshbairn put up lastnight, it's something in that order aye. Certainly dirt cheap compared to the rest. Just get it fired round everyones house in the Mail and we can jab f**k out eachother.

Not wearing a mask in the shop? JABBED.

No wanting to give me my two metres mate? THERES YER JAB.

That's the Britain I want to see.

On 07/12/2020 at 10:34, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

NHS GGC starting the vaccine roll out initially to the vaccinators,  but for some reason they’ve only identified 100 vaccinators for the most populous part of Scotland. Vaccines for front line health staff, social care staff and then care home staff with residents thereafter. 

On 04/12/2020 at 19:00, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yeh my wifes friends who work outwith GGC are being told they’ll be vaccinated before christmas. Its all disjointed to f**k, should be done nationally instead its just all getting chopped and changed at health board  level, zero consistency. For me, get the auld dears the gucci shit so the death rates fall.

On 04/12/2020 at 18:28, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Glasgow and Clyde seemingly briefing that they dont expect to widely roll out the pfizer vaccine in the community because of the storage situation and logistics, pinning hopes on the Oxford one apparently. They’ve had months to plan and it seems the plan is that they have no plan. 

On 08/12/2020 at 23:08, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I'm not sure I would agree with the conclusion reached in the tweet going by the data in the report but this is more vindication that the Business as Usual reopening of education in the UK was completely the wrong way to go.

Most (if not all) regions in Germany reopened schools with social distancing, mandating mask wearing and reduced class sizes. When cases were out of control, schools were closed and/or moved to blended or remote learning.

The free-for-all, head in the sand reaction in this country has seen the school system in places like Hull on the verge of collapse due to the huge number of cases and staff/pupils needing to self isolate. Then there is the increased community transmission affecting the whole of society resulting in tougher restrictions needing to be placed on businesses earlier here than in Germany.

It seems they actually do care about the wellbeing of pupils, staff and the wider community rather than pandering to those wanting the barins out the house at all costs regardless of the consequences for everyone else.

It has not been perfect but the Germans yet again showing the UK how it is done is not exactly surprising.

Not sure the Germans got it quite as right as you make out...

Hard lockdown ahoy as cases go ⤴️

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55292614

31 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We've just had right now a full lockdown announced from Wednesday until the 10th January.

As if Christmas wasn't bad enough in a country in which Santa comes with his mate Ruprecht who beats up the naughty kids with a bag of ashes (and leaves sticks in their shoes for their parents to beat them with later).

image.jpeg.5ee6ba6862a5a81260dad90149aadfe1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

As if Christmas wasn't bad enough in a country in which Santa comes with his mate Ruprecht who beats up the naughty kids with a bag of ashes (and leaves sticks in their shoes for their parents to beat them with later).

Hide contents

Unfair, the Germans always loved Christmas.3024022-poster-p-hitler-santa-2.jpg

I always thought it was just a uk problem, but even in germany they pick on the ginger kids.

5 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I see Edinburgh's numbers starting to go up this week...are we now seeing the delayed effects of travel from tier 4 areas? Our cases has steadily been declining and its the only significant change that I can think of.

People that can be arsed more than me for straying into  the centre of town have been saying they've never heard so many west coast accents there recently.  Felt a cold chill down my spine every time I heard their stories, sounded like some kind of Lynchian/dystopian shopping experience. 

Ljsl9nQ.png.739d35a0bdba499667a5e57cc1570251.png

People that can be arsed more than me for straying into  the centre of town have been saying they've never heard so many west coast accents there recently.  Felt a cold chill down my spine every time I heard their stories, sounded like some kind of Lynchian/dystopian shopping experience. 
Ljsl9nQ.png.739d35a0bdba499667a5e57cc1570251.png
I work with a few weegies who are allowed to travel into this area cos key worker. They told me weeks ago all of their friends/family were travelling to Falkirk for shopping, with the Falkirk Smyths being an obvious popular choice, and that their local facebooks etc were pretty much rife with that sort of chat.

Absolutely f**k all you can do about it tbf. Long past the point of even pretending theres any enforcement.

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

To be fair its not great seeing folks travelling, but the redeeming feature would be walking through Edinburgh (Scotland’s 4th city) hearing that god awful ‘ken’ accent. 

1. Glasgow 

2. Edinburgh 

Massive massive almost unfathomably huge gap

3. Dundee

4. Aberdeen

On 04/12/2020 at 20:28, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Glasgow and Clyde seemingly briefing that they dont expect to widely roll out the pfizer vaccine in the community because of the storage situation and logistics, pinning hopes on the Oxford one apparently. They’ve had months to plan and it seems the plan is that they have no plan. 

Looks like the Oxford approval is being kept back a bit to provide a good news story in the aftermath of Brexit talks breaking down completely or maybe I'm too cynical...

Bit of a laugh yesterday. Went to the scone palace Christmas fare. Whilst driving in I was asked to lower my window, and was then asked if I lived in Perth and Kinross.

Couldn’t help but chuckle at the idea of someone saying no and being refused admittance.

Bit of a laugh yesterday. Went to the scone palace Christmas fare. Whilst driving in I was asked to lower my window, and was then asked if I lived in Perth and Kinross.

Couldn’t help but chuckle at the idea of someone saying no and being refused admittance.

It’s all don’t ask don’t tell. I live in English tier 2 meaning I’m allowed to go to the pub but only with my own household. None of them are checking.