Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The 'AHM FOLLOWIN THE ROOLS BUT THEYRE NAW' crowd should assume that their Victoria Cross is in the post rather than illogically blaming facemask use for a national lockdown. Cases are not high in Scotland. They are not rising. Individual behaviour has played next to f**k all part in this either way. The logic for the lockdown - and it's a gubbins reason to do so pre-emptively - is that if the big scary mutation makes it significantly so infectious then none of your beloved rules and 2 metre distances etc. will prove sufficient mitigating factors anyway. 

This is how the governments will get away with make a rip-roaring c**t of their  pandemic response in the long run because half the Great British public is obsessed with their completely fucking trivial gripes about 'the rules' and think that individual choice is somehow the cause of their predicament.

Edited by vikingTON

Just now, Gaz said:

Yeah. It's relatively easy to arrange emergency childcare when there aren't thousands of families within a ten-mile radius of you trying to do the same.

I didn't say it was easy but it isn't a reason to keep schools open.  Schools are not childcare facilities.

So yet again gyms, hairdressers, cafes, beauty salons will be getting fcked around (not forgetting the pubs who haven’t been allowed to sell alcohol since Oct). No mention of schools closing longer though? 
Did she not say 18th Jan 'at least', 'at the earliest' or something similar?

Just now, virginton said:

The 'AHM FOLLOWIN THE ROOLS BUT THEYRE NAW' crowd should assume that their Victoria Cross is in the post rather than illogically blaming facemask use for a national lockdown. Cases are not high in Scotland. They are not rising. Individual behaviour has played next to f**k all part in this either way. The logic for the lockdown - and it's a gubbins reason to do so pre-emptively - is that if the big scary mutation makes it significantly so infectious then none of your 2 metre distances etc. will prove sufficient mitigating factors anyway. 

This is how the governments will get away with make a rip-roaring c**t of their  pandemic response in the long run because half the Great British public is obsessed with their completely fucking trivial gripes about 'the rules'.

Classism is alive and well in this country. I hadn't really seen it until this year but it has been prevalent on this thread since February/March.

"Scheme goblins" and "c***s" mentioned in the last few minutes are prime examples.

Just now, H Wragg said:
2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
So yet again gyms, hairdressers, cafes, beauty salons will be getting fcked around (not forgetting the pubs who haven’t been allowed to sell alcohol since Oct). No mention of schools closing longer though? 

At least I'm sure. Hope they move to targeted online learning where appropriate rather than blanket up and down

Jason Leitch was having a laugh on Off the Ball today and gave no indication that the rules would change (not that I'd expect him to do so) but to carry on giving advice about the now dated set-up suggests he's nowhere near being in the loop.

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:
3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yeah in the small print I saw that it’s online learning from the 11th and reviewed on the 18th. 

1 minute ago, strichener said:

I didn't say it was easy but it isn't a reason to keep schools open.  Schools are not childcare facilities.

Well, that's just crap.

Schools provide education and necessary childcare. That's not really up for debate. The only thing you can argue is to what degree they are for one or the other.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Classism is alive and well in this country. I hadn't really seen it until this year but it has been prevalent on this thread since February/March.

"Scheme goblins" and "c***s" mentioned in the last few minutes are prime examples.

Just to be clear I referenced battering c***s melts in this can be equally dispensed to folk on Grouse Moors and folk in Asda.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

The 'AHM FOLLOWIN THE ROOLS BUT THEYRE NAW' crowd should assume that their Victoria Cross is in the post rather than illogically blaming facemask use for a national lockdown. Cases are not high in Scotland. They are not rising. Individual behaviour has played next to f**k all part in this either way. The logic for the lockdown - and it's a gubbins reason to do so pre-emptively - is that if the big scary mutation makes it significantly so infectious then none of your 2 metre distances etc. will prove sufficient mitigating factors anyway. 

This is how the governments will get away with make a rip-roaring c**t of their  pandemic response in the long run because half the Great British public is obsessed with their completely fucking trivial gripes about 'the rules'.

Pre-emptive measures are by far the most effective way to reduce cases. At the start of the pandemic the UK should have looked at what was happening in Italy and took pre-emptive measures.

Seeing the data from the South East and then not doing anything until this probably more infectious strain is up here would be negligent.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jason Leitch was having a laugh on Off the Ball today and gave no indication that the rules would change (not that I'd expect him to do so) but to carry on giving advice about the now dated set-up suggests he's nowhere near being in the loop.

He should have pulled out if the meeting was before or during his time on the radio.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Explain how c***s is classist you moron?

Context is important too. 

You upvoted  the "scheme goblin" post. Please advise why.

Moron is ableist btw.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Well, that's just crap.

Schools provide education and necessary childcare. That's not really up for debate. The only thing you can argue is to what degree they are for one or the other.

I agree on the education, since you aren't inspected by the Care Commission then you are not childcare providers.

Regardless, if the government can announce on the 19th March that schools are closing from the 20th March, then they can surely do the same now at what is a far more traditional period for people to have holidays.

Also: they are quick enough to close them for "snow".  How much notice do parents get for that?  Sometimes none.

Edited by strichener