Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Family member 'i think Nicola's done a fantastic job'.

Not sure even 'Nicola' would agree 

Perception is everything.

Most people don't look beyond how politicians come across on the TV. Nicola is empathetic and confident and when you compare that to the blubbering buffoon in Westminster she could cull pensioners live on BBC One and still be revered by a large proportion of the population.

"Dear Vlad,
Sorry some of my party said nasty things about you. I shall have them purged by making them stand as Tory candidates in Glasgow. Please send some of that nice Sputnik V vaccine I've heard you clever Russian chaps have made. I mean you managed to successfully get Novichok into Salisbury..cripes! Sorry, naughty Boris's little joke there.
Fraternally yours,
Comrade Boris (a Russian name don't forget!) "
Dear Vlad, I wrote you but you still ain't calling

9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Oxford vaccine getting approval on the 28th or 29th will hopefully be a massive shot in the arm long term. Be great news for UK, Europe and USA (to a lesser extent albeit)

Very good.

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

They certainly should be, and the fact you are mentioning the incidents months later suggests they are.  

I mentioned two - one from March and one from this month

Daily Record

Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive at Edinburgh Waverley for first stop on royal train tour

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge kicked off their tour in Scotland to meet and thank frontline workers.

By Sophie Law 7 DEC 2020

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Again, you're drawing equivalence between a lapse in judgment and a willful ignorance of rules* because "we're special".

*..and acting in a way which reduces the effect of those rules.

Well said

Just now, Wee Willie said:

I mentioned two - one from March and one from this month

Daily Record

Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive at Edinburgh Waverley for first stop on royal train tour

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge kicked off their tour in Scotland to meet and thank frontline workers.

By Sophie Law 7 DEC 2020

Well said

Please explain in simple words the point of your post - are you simply disregarding anything I post?  If so, then  how can we have a reasoned exchange? 

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
16 minutes ago, Steven W said:
Trucks at Dover barely moving as the testing of the drivers is slow (according to Sky News)
Doesn't instill much confidence for rolling out the Oxford vaccine in a speedy manner

I don't see how the 2 are comparable?

Probably not, but everything the government has implemented has been a balls up.

Probably not, but everything the government has implemented has been a balls up.
That's very true.

As much as I've been critical of the Scottish Government's approach to handling certain aspects of this pandemic, I have far more faith in them to get the vaccine out than those clowns in Westminster.

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

That's very true.

As much as I've been critical of the Scottish Government's approach to handling certain aspects of this pandemic, I have far more faith in them to get the vaccine out than those clowns in Westminster.

Can they get it without Westminster co-operation?

22 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I'm not sure if they have went with the approach of getting retired nurses etc to give the jabs, if not they should.  They sent emails around my place asking if anyone would go give jabs in care homes or treatment hubs paid at substantive wage level.   The uptake has been pretty low though as a lot of staff are just fucking knackered after this year and the thought of even more hours isn't appealing.  To be fair though to health boards they are spunking some money at it if they're willing to offer band 7's & 8's substantive pay to fire out what can be done by band 3's, so I think they are making the effort.  I just don't think they have the staff.

To be honest training someone to do a jag doesn't take more than a few minutes, and you can get round supervision issues with having a medic on site.  Maybe they should have approached members of the public to train.  After all Naloxone training consists of stabbing an orange and lasts about an hour, maybe think out the box here a wee bit as it's a public health crisis and get willing volunteers in to train.    The big issue again though is regulation and what goes wrong if an untrained member of staff gives a jab and full anaphylaxis kicks in.  A Patient Group Directive document most likely wouldn't cover non staff.   The joy of clinical governance and health and safety concerns would also need to be overcome.  So in essence there are issues but there are also solutions I feel.

Anyway over the the health boards...

I got a ten min blurb from the community nurse on how to epipen my daughter so I don’t suppose much more for issuing a vaccine jab to patient no allergies, with medic on-site if something goes wrong.